2018 NBA Random Offseason Discussion

CWood21

11 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Nuggets already establishing dominance over LeBron

Liked a lot of what I saw from the Nuggets yesterday. Murray may be ready to take another step and the defense wasn't all that bad. I mean I guess the issue there is when Milsap doesn't play the defense is crap.

As for the Lakers, Ingram looks like he is going to be a 20+ point scorer this year. Getting very confident in his game. The ball was also moving well but we all know that isn't the case down the stretch when it becomes the LeBron-iso show. 

Lonzo going to be back soon? 

51 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Jamal Murray looked good last night.

If he starts shooting more and hitting shots off the bounce the offense is going to be insane. He's already an elite spot up shooter, but I'm hoping to see more reckless confidence shots outta him. How good the Nuggets can be this season depends on how large of a leap he can make. 

Obviously just a preseason game, but the Nuggets offense is going to be dumb good. Lakers have a lot of chemistry stuff to work out which is to be expected. BI looked good 

38 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Liked a lot of what I saw from the Nuggets yesterday. Murray may be ready to take another step and the defense wasn't all that bad. I mean I guess the issue there is when Milsap doesn't play the defense is crap.

As for the Lakers, Ingram looks like he is going to be a 20+ point scorer this year. Getting very confident in his game. The ball was also moving well but we all know that isn't the case down the stretch when it becomes the LeBron-iso show. 

Jokic's first stint was actually really good defensively. He was super sloppy on both ends of the floor after the first shift though. Not a good game from him. 

I like Ingram's game a lot. He's a good finisher. The Lakers having to rely on JaVale this year is going to be so odd. And I see no reason why Lance should be in the rotation. 

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

Jokic's first stint was actually really good defensively. He was super sloppy on both ends of the floor after the first shift though. Not a good game from him. 

I like Ingram's game a lot. He's a good finisher. The Lakers having to rely on JaVale this year is going to be so odd. And I see no reason why Lance should be in the rotation. 

I wonder how their 2nd unit will look once Ball returns and Rondo goes to the bench. You really going to play Rondo and Lance together? 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I wonder how their 2nd unit will look once Ball returns and Rondo goes to the bench. You really going to play Rondo and Lance together? 

Lance just has such a low bball IQ, it's hilarious. Last night he came right in and shot two long midrange jumpers off of the bounce. Of course he made them both though. I'd rather roll the dice on Svi as a bench shooter than play Lance, but that won't happen. KCP and Hart are both good and should be getting a lot of minutes 

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

Lance just has such a low bball IQ, it's hilarious. Last night he came right in and shot two long midrange jumpers off of the bounce. Of course he made them both though. I'd rather roll the dice on Svi as a bench shooter than play Lance, but that won't happen. KCP and Hart are both good and should be getting a lot of minutes 

Not only that, the ball completely stopped moving when he came in the game and he started pounding the rock like crazy before pulling up lol. 

7 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Playing with LeBron and Rondo is going to open up some really good looks for Ingram.  Same thing with Lonzo.  Just having the attention going to LeBron on the court is going to open things up.  Lonzo is scrimmaging, but not playing games.

6 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Probably not.  You're starting lineup is Lonzo/KCP/Ingram/LBJ/McGee to start games, but then you're probably bringing some combination of Rondo/Hart/Kuzma off the bench.  Lance probably is that fourth guy off the bench to start the year.

Archived