Green Bay Packers will have the best record in the NFL this year

VanS

Eh, I like all the offseason moves we've made this year, and getting a healthy Rodgers back will go a long way in rebounding from last year as will getting any kind of improvement defensively, but I'm gonna have to balk at a 14-2 type season, I just don't see it. It sounds like extreme optimism to me. 

I read they went 12-2 in their last 14 games before Rodgers got hurt last year; both those losses coming to the Falcons.

I don’t think anyone wins 14 games in the much improved nfc this year, but if I had to bet on it, I would choose GB.

their schedule looks tough

and it might look even tougher once it's midseason and we know if some of those teams are the real deal( or are missing half their team from injuries)

10-11 wins imo

12 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

With teams like the Rams, Eagles, Vikings, Saints, etc. in the conference, that would shock the heck out of me. 

Green Bay is a perrenial power in the NFC every year. Teams come and go every season. Heck, all four teams you just listed weren't even in the playoffs two years ago. Had this been going into last season, you'd be "shocked with Dallas, Atlanta, and Seattle in that conference." With an NFC picture that's constantly shuffling, Green Bay has been the one constant the past decade. They got the best QB in the league back and replaced Capers with a coordinator who's had great results at every stop. None of these new flavors have shown any sort of consistency with winning; Green Bay has. To say it'd "shock the heck out of you" after a lost season is a bit much. 

1 hour ago, smetana34 said:

Green Bay is a perrenial power in the NFC every year. Teams come and go every season. Heck, all four teams you just listed weren't even in the playoffs two years ago. Had this been going into last season, you'd be "shocked with Dallas, Atlanta, and Seattle in that conference." With an NFC picture that's constantly shuffling, Green Bay has been the one constant the past decade. They got the best QB in the league back and replaced Capers with a coordinator who's had great results at every stop. None of these new flavors have shown any sort of consistency with winning; Green Bay has. To say it'd "shock the heck out of you" after a lost season is a bit much. 

You do realize GB  has achieved a 14-2 record "Once" (15-1) in 2011 in it's entire history in the NFL?

Is it possible, sure. Likely No. History suggests otherwise. I highly doubt any NFC team goes 14-2 this season. Conference is too strong!

1 hour ago, smetana34 said:

It's going to take Pettine some time to fix Caper's joke of a defense. 

The Packer should easily make the playoffs, and have a legit shot to win the division too, but being the best team in the league this year is asking for a lot. 

On 6/20/2018 at 10:05 PM, OleXmad said:

The packers aren't even the best team in their division, if Rodgers goes down they're a medicore team at best. 

Sure they made some improvements but their secondary is still trash and got worse. 

In what world did our secondary get worse? Wow.

8 hours ago, smetana34 said:

Green Bay is a perennial playoff team. They aren’t like the Patriots who are one or two every year. They are like the mid 2000’s Eagles. Good enough to be in the hunt but a few teams would get hot and steal their thunder. 

7 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

You do realize GB  has achieved a 14-2 record "Once" (15-1) in 2011 in it's entire history in the NFL?

Is it possible, sure. Likely No. History suggests otherwise. I highly doubt any NFC team goes 14-2 this season. Conference is too strong!

smetana34 didn’t say we would be the best team in the league and have a 14-2 record. He was responding to UB saying it would be a shocking to him if GB was the #1 seed. Which is silly considering how consistent we have been in the Rodgers era. Saying it would be a shock if GB was number 1 seed is a bad take. 

As for 14-2 and being the best team in the league, nah. GB needs a healthy Aaron Rodgers, which hasn’t been a lock to happen here in recent years, and for Pettine to turn things around on defense. Which means getting a lot out of those two rookie DB’s. We’ll be in the thick of the conference and that’s all any fan can ask for. 

Archived