2nd most important GB Defensive player for 2018 season

squire12

Which GB Packer defensive player will be the 2nd most important for the 2018 season  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which GB Packer defensive player will be the 2nd most important for the 2018 season

• Mike Daniels
    • Kenny Clark
    • Mo Wilkerson
    • Nick Perry
    • Clay Matthews
    • HaHa Clinton-Dix
    • Blake Martinez
    • Tramon Williams
    • Other (please note specific name in post)

Let's have some discussion on the most important players on the GB Packers.  Going to break this down by offense and defense.  

I may not be able to submit a new poll every few days, so anyone can feel free to take up the mantle and continue.  No preference on whether it is Offense or Defense, just put something up if you feel the current poll and topic has run its course.

I think this leading defensive player question...and really the top 3-4 will be an interesting discussion. 

Previous poll 

1.  Kevin King

Mike Daniels.  Inside pass rush in the new GB defense.  Mike Pettine will  bring out the best in Mike Daniels and it is time for him to assume the role of defensive team leader in performance on the field.

From the opener last year via Zach Kruse:

Game notes

Mike Daniels was this game’s MVP. Russell Wilson rarely had any time to throw the ball, and the run defense, led by Daniels, suffocated the Seahawks’ chances of getting anything going on the ground. Daniels likely also prevented a touchdown when he pressured Wilson, who had Tyler Lockett on a deep ball. Additionally, he “set up” the offense for its first points of the game with a strip sack deep in Seahawks territory.

Voted Clay as the most important, am voting Kevin King for the second most important.  We need him to look like a consistent, competent starting CB, something he did not do last year.  He looked good at times and bordered on awful others. 

We need consistency from him if he's going to be taking the significant step as our #1 CB.  

I've been hoping for a few years now that Clay wouldn't be so important to the Packers defense, especially at his age. Nothing against, Clay. But need some new blood at pass rusher and it hasn't came to fruition. Hopefully Biegel et al takes a huge unexpected jump.

I went with Mo actually. He's on a prove-it deal and Mike Daniels is going to command a ton of attention. Can Mo use that to his advantage? If so, there's no reason why he shouldn't have at least 7 or 8 sacks this year barring injury.

Not exactly a player, but Pettine. If he can come up with some new schemes, make the players more responsible for their actions, and hold them accountable for mistakes on the field, and, most importantly, improve the communication on the defense so everyone knows their role and does their job, this could return the defense to the upper echelons of the league. 

18 minutes ago, Golfman said:

How does one select a player who isn't guaranteed a starting spot as the most important defensive player. 

Choose other and then name the player you'd like to select.

4 minutes ago, Apex said:

Choose other and then name the player you'd like to select.

It's seems by the original post, already drew the conclusion King was most important and we need to select the second. Just a query and perhaps I missed the vote on the most important. 

Again, just not sure how anyone can see a guy who may not start as the most important defender. Keep in mind, I hope he starts and blows up big in year two. It's very premature for me. 

Archived