NFL Suspends Bucs QB Jameis Winston for 3 Games

Dr LBC

The NFL is still investigating, but this is regarding an allegation form 2016 that he groped a female Uber driver, so it's likely under the Personal Conduct Policy - since the number of games I've heard bandied around is 3 - whereas it would be a larger number (6, I believe) if this we under Domestic Abuse Policy.

Barring an appeal, the first three games of the season that he'd miss would be @ New Orleans, vs Philadelphia, and vs Pittsburgh (MNF).

UPDATE:

Knowing the NFL it's entirely possible he is suspended but it's been almost 2 years at this point, I doubt he gets suspended.

But if he does get suspended 6 games, 1 million dollar fine and the bucs 1st rounder sounds like the perfect NFL overreaching punishment.

9 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Barring an appeal, the first three games of the season that he'd miss would be @ New Orleans, vs Philadelphia, and vs Pittsburgh (MNF).

Wow, that's a brutal stretch to start the season with, even if two of them are at home. 

Apparently they can suspend him for not reporting the incident in a timely way.

So to boil it down, he didn’t report that his Uber account was banned for something “he or one of his party” might have done, so he’s going to get suspended for up to 3 games. That just doesn’t seem at all proportionate. 

On the other hand, if the allegations are true, he should be looking at a longer suspension, but with someone who was also in the Uber saying that he was in the back seat and not the front, I don’t see how the NFL can reach a conclusion on what really happened.

27 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I thought that there might have been a banned substance in all those W's he's been eating 

You're rarely funny, but this one got a chuckle out of me. Keep up the good work!

1 hour ago, Buc Ball said:

Apparently they can suspend him for not reporting the incident in a timely way.

So to boil it down, he didn’t report that his Uber account was banned for something “he or one of his party” might have done, so he’s going to get suspended for up to 3 games. That just doesn’t seem at all proportionate. 

On the other hand, if the allegations are true, he should be looking at a longer suspension, but with someone who was also in the Uber saying that he was in the back seat and not the front, I don’t see how the NFL can reach a conclusion on what really happened.

But that incident (March 13th 2016) occurred before they added the rule to have players report incidents in a timely fashion in December 2016. I'm not entirely sure they can suspend him for a rule that wasn't in effect yet.

8 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

But that incident (March 13th 2016) occurred before they added the rule to have players report incidents in a timely fashion in December 2016. I'm not entirely sure they can suspend him for a rule that wasn't in effect yet.

I mean, the NFL suspended Ezekiel Elliott 6 games for a DV issue that was cleared by the Columbus police, with documented evidence that his ex was trying to ruin his career, lied about it, and photographic evidence that Zeke wasn't even at the location of the alleged incident when it took place. Throw in 4 games for Brady being probably generally aware of the possibility of footballs being tampered with, and you have Roger Goodell and the NFL penal system in a nutshell.

39 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Interesting.

I just read the local media stuff on it and didn’t look into it beyond that.

We’ll see how it plays out, but I’m not optimistic.

Archived