NFL Suspends Bucs QB Jameis Winston for 3 Games

Dr LBC

12 hours ago, Buc Ball said:

This is the only incident since he got in the league though and at this stage, all it is is him not notifying the league he was suspended by Uber. It could, admittedly, be much worse. 

Some of the stuff at FSU seems like it was just an immature kid making bad decisions. That’s easy to say in hindsight because he’s not done anything like that since.

As for the main off the field issue from his FSU days, I’d do some research on that one before taking a view on it. 

The guy is still very immature. How about the time he started a fight between Mike Evans and Marshon Lattimore because Lattimore was treating him like a JV QB?

9 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

The guy is a multimillionaire.  What's he doing calling Uber for a ride?  LOL.  Some of these guys just aren't too bright, but then we've known this for a long time.  

The chances of your Uber driver being hot are much higher than the odds of your limo driver being hot. That’s Winston-arithmetic for ya. 

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

There goes the Rapist vs. Rapist storyline that they had going for them.

Yep....Ben has been raping the Browns for years, so there really is no defending him.  :ph34r:

4 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

This is actually something serious a person said 

Do you think it's a wise practice for an NFL quarterback to be standing around on the sidewalk outside of a bar waiting for an Uber driver to show up?  I don't.  Seriously. 

7 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

While I don't disagree that any sort of agent or business manager might strongly recommend this direction, look at this guy up to this point - he's basically been Teflon since his Freshman year at FSU. Rape charges, theft charges, general stupid actions on campus and no major punishment outside of a few suspensions. 

Getting away with it over and over and over again lends itself to an air of invincibility, and I wouldn't be shocked in the least if Winston thinks he could beat this rap, too.

Winston was never charged with rape. Based on the evidence that’s out there in the public domain, in this case, there’s a strong argument that there was nothing to get away with.

Now if we’re arguing whether FSU or the local police dealt with the incident appropriately, then I think that’s a pretty definitive no, but a bad police investigation doesn’t necessarily mean he was guilty and could have impacted his chance to fully clear his name in the case.

That aside, he did some stupid stuff at FSU that proves he was very immature, but nothing that has repeated since he was drafted.

He tries too hard at times and puts himself out there. That gets you to the cringeworthy “eat a W” chat.

54 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Do you think it's a wise practice for an NFL quarterback to be standing around on the sidewalk outside of a bar waiting for an Uber driver to show up?  I don't.  Seriously. 

What’s the difference between standing around waiting on an Uber and standing around waiting on a limo?

Why can’t you just wait inside for your Uber?

Archived