NFL Suspends Bucs QB Jameis Winston for 3 Games

Dr LBC

33 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So Darby was lying when he initially said there were three people in that uber ride? Seems like they were possibly trying to pin it on the third person…. who now we know was Banks who is serving time for rape. But because Banks is trying to appeal, no way he could take the fall for Winston here. Um yeah, not good at all. 

But how does the league only suspend him six weeks here? It's either he committed the crime or not. Should be six games or nothing. The league looks just as bad as Winston/Darby here. Well, maybe not Winston if he did commit the crime but bad nonetheless. 

This is all a mess with all these leaks and journalists sharing bits and pieces. I hope the NFL releases everything soon.

48 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So Darby was lying when he initially said there were three people in that uber ride? Seems like they were possibly trying to pin it on the third person…. who now we know was Banks who is serving time for rape. But because Banks is trying to appeal, no way he could take the fall for Winston here. Um yeah, not good at all. 

But how does the league only suspend him three weeks here? It's either he committed the crime or not. Should be six games or nothing. The league looks just as bad as Winston/Darby here. Well, maybe not Winston if he did commit the crime but bad nonetheless. 

Yeah but the thing is is this. Has the league's image really been hurt over this? I mean you gotta dig to find the info about this. It was never big news. The mainstream media is only talking about it now because he was suspended. I think it's petty. Winston was never even charged with a crime. This is a witch hunt IMO.

12 minutes ago, steadypimpin said:

Yeah but the thing is is this. Has the league's image really been hurt over this? I mean you gotta dig to find the info about this. It was never big news. The mainstream media is only talking about it now because he was suspended. I think it's petty. Winston was never even charged with a crime. This is a witch hunt IMO.

Well, I don't think they ever denied something happened, just that it wasn't Winston since there were three people in the car and the uber driver was confused. But now it comes out that Winston was indeed by himself in the car. And if you think this is a witch hunt and it didn't happen, then he shouldn't be suspended any games. The league will need to release information on what they found during their investigation. 

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well, I don't think they ever denied something happened, just that it wasn't Winston since there were three people in the car and the uber driver was confused. But now it comes out that Winston was indeed by himself in the car. And if you think this is a witch hunt and it didn't happen, then he shouldn't be suspended any games. The league will need to release information on what they found during their investigation. 

Ok but ultimately if he was never charged a crime then what's the point to get deeper into this? I hate when the NFL tries to be judge jury and executioner. It makes no sense if this whole thing is over.

1 hour ago, steadypimpin said:

Seems like one of those witch chase and shoot em ups.

Hey, maybe he can be president some day.

You don't have to be found guilty or even charged, happens all the time in the NFL. Since Roethlisberger was brought up he is another example. He was accused and suspended without ever having been found guilty in a criminal case and he settled with the alleged victim(s) before it went to civil court but the stigma is still there.

Like it or not the NFL conducts their own investigations and determines their own punishment. It probably isn't changing anytime soon.

29 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Like it or not the NFL conducts their own investigations and determines their own punishment. It probably isn't changing anytime soon.

It won't until maybe the new CBA. Maybe the new commish would have a more democratic approach instead of holding all the power.

'Cause right now it's all up to Goodell.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

...but mainly, he likes raping women in bathrooms.The Browns are just a fun side piece

...but in reality, only one of the two has actually been proven....over...and over....and over....

I understand the anger though.   You're very close to the victim.  :/

30 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

It won't until maybe the new CBA. Maybe the new commish would have a more democratic approach instead of holding all the power.

Well the only way a new CBA would change anything is if the owners want a change. I know we like top pretend like the players have a say but they are powerless. Players really can't sacrifice 1/3 of their career salary on average (1 year) and what would really need to be 2 years to really gain leverage and at that point the NFL would probably just ride the draft to restock teams and wait for individual players to leave the union which many would do, so yeah, we'd have to have the owners agree to it with or without a new CBA and new commissioner.

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

...but in reality, only one of the two has actually been proven....over...and over....and over....

I understand the anger though.   You're very close to the victim.  :/

I'm not angry. I don't have a daughter in the Pittsburgh area so I'm good for right now.

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But how does the league only suspend him three weeks here? It's either he committed the crime or not. Should be six games or nothing. The league looks just as bad as Winston/Darby here. Well, maybe not Winston if he did commit the crime but bad nonetheless. 

I don’t think Darby was necessarily lying. The statement he released didn’t say he was in the Uber for the full time - people just assumed. I’m sure the league would have been quick to establish that when taking his statement.

What the Bucs need to do now is establish how reliable Banks’ statement is. It does seem to tie in with the Uber driver’s story that Winston was alone with the Uber driver at some point.

I’m also surprised the league didn’t speak to him as I think that would have helped them reach a more solid verdict on what happened.

It’s another instance of poor judgement from Jameis for him to be hanging about with a guy awaiting trial for rape, particularly a few months after the civil case relating to his accusation was settled.

The thing that looks worst is that there’s clearly evidence contradicting his version of events and his explanation of what happened. Thing is, if you didn’t do anything wrong, why not be open about the fact that you were in the Uber alone with the driver for part of the trip? 

As a result of appearing to be caught in a lie, he’s lost the case in the court of public opinion. That gives the NFL reason enough to suspend, before we even establish whether or not he did it. If he did, he should be looking at a much longer suspension

3 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

A more democratic approach sounds great, but I'd settle for a dictatorship that was just competent at least.

Archived