NFL Suspends Bucs QB Jameis Winston for 3 Games

Dr LBC

5 hours ago, OleXmad said:

But if he does get suspended 6 games, 1 million dollar fine and the bucs 1st rounder sounds like the perfect NFL overreaching punishment.

Don't see why the NFL would be taking the Bucs 1st rounder. This is Jameis Winston thing, not a Tampa Bay organizational thing.

3 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I guess i'll finally admit that he may be too much trouble for the return he brings on the field.

This is the only incident since he got in the league though and at this stage, all it is is him not notifying the league he was suspended by Uber. It could, admittedly, be much worse. 

Some of the stuff at FSU seems like it was just an immature kid making bad decisions. That’s easy to say in hindsight because he’s not done anything like that since.

As for the main off the field issue from his FSU days, I’d do some research on that one before taking a view on it. 

11 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

This is the only incident since he got in the league though and at this stage, all it is is him not notifying the league he was suspended by Uber. It could, admittedly, be much worse. 

Some of the stuff at FSU seems like it was just an immature kid making bad decisions. That’s easy to say in hindsight because he’s not done anything like that since.

As for the main off the field issue from his FSU days, I’d do some research on that one before taking a view on it. 

If I take a stance on something, chances are I have done plenty of research on it, that's my opinion on it, and it is what it is. I get it, you're a Bucs fan and you are hyper sensitive about your franchise QB, that's fine, I'm just talking from my perspective of a guy who was willing to trade two first round picks for him, I'm kinda happy it didn't happen because what he's done on the field and all the "minor", "technical" things he gets himself into doesn't add up for me, that's all. Basically, I thought he would have done more than what he's done up until this point in his career.

Carry on

21 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

If I take a stance on something, chances are I have done plenty of research on it, that's my opinion on it, and it is what it is. I get it, you're a Bucs fan and you are hyper sensitive about your franchise QB, that's fine, I'm just talking from my perspective of a guy who was willing to trade two first round picks for him, I'm kinda happy it didn't happen because what he's done on the field and all the "minor", "technical" things he gets himself into doesn't add up for me, that's all. Basically, I thought he would have done more than what he's done up until this point in his career.

Carry on

He's improved his completion percentage and lowered his INT percentage every year. Which is impressive given we have the most down field passing offense in the league. His biggest problem right now is the fumbles. He holds the ball too long sometimes and he refuses to give up on any play.

18-27 isn't a good career record. But he had four or five game winning drives last year that the defense squandered in the last few minutes. Most notably, the three play 90 yard drive we gave up to Buffalo. Or the fourth down offsides that kept Carolina's drive alive.

It's frustrating that he didn't come in and immediately set the league on fire. The hype was real. We all saw Gruden's QB Camp. We all saw his Heisman season at FSU. There was never been any doubt about his abilities. It's all just been a matter of putting it all together. And until the last quarter of last season, he never really had. And we won't know if that'll carry over until he plays another game.

59 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Carry on

A fair view.

He has steadily improved as a passer, though he was held back by an injury to his throwing shoulder last season. His velocity was way down and he wasn’t able to fit the ball through tight windows like he normally would.

He didn’t adjust and kept trying to do the same things, resulting in some pretty horrible looking picks. That’s on him.

Theres also the argument about the development trajectory of a QB who comes out as an RS sophomore. I don’t think it’s reasonable to expect the same development trajectory as a RS senior or even a RS junior.

Right now, I agree, you’d be glad you didn’t trade two first rounders for him, but there’s still plenty of time for that to change.

The point about research wasn’t specifically aimed at you, more a general point. There seems to be a lot of people drawing conclusions on that incident without looking into the full situation, or thinking critically about the facts.

The improvements on field when he came back from his shoulder injury were IMO legit.   If that OL is improved I’d be really optimistic on a big surge this year.    Why I picked Tampa as one of the 5 teams to make the playoffs who missed this year in the Main Forum thread.  

If its 1 game then my feeling above doesn’t change.  Obv if it’s 3+ different story.  I do think he’s a sneaky fantasy pick because now at drafts people will devaluate the missed time (even though if it’s only 1-2 games WW guys can fill in and get 80-90 percent for a week or 2).   

Frankly it’s an overreaction to even give 1 game.  But this is the mess the CBA got the NFLPA into (they agreed to it so they have to live with it - for now).  

7 hours ago, Buc Ball said:

but with someone who was also in the Uber saying that he was in the back seat

There's no way to tell what exactly happened and there are a ton of money-grabbers out there, but one of his cronies covering for him doesn't exactly make me cross this allegation off the list.

5 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

The guy is a multimillionaire.  What's he doing calling Uber for a ride?  LOL.  Some of these guys just aren't too bright, but then we've known this for a long time.  

I know, jump in a private jet, or better yet, do what a lot of these NFL guys do and drive drunk.

Winston has done a lot of stuff people can legitimately be critical of. Getting an Uber after a night out isn’t one of them.

Archived