NFL Suspends Bucs QB Jameis Winston for 3 Games

Dr LBC

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

There's no way to tell what exactly happened and there are a ton of money-grabbers out there, but one of his cronies covering for him doesn't exactly make me cross this allegation off the list.

Ronald Darby has a lot to lose if he’s caught lying about this though.

I guess it depends on whether you believe Darby would lie for his friend about something this serious.

2 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

I know, jump in a private jet, or better yet, do what a lot of these NFL guys do and drive drunk.

Winston has done a lot of stuff people can legitimately be critical of. Getting an Uber after a night out isn’t one of them.

I guess if it were me, I would arrange for a private limo.  That way there would be no issues with the driver, and no possibility of being left out on the street corner waiting for a ride - especially for a semi-celebrity in a strange city.  Then again, I don't drink either, so I don't have to worry about making poor decisions in an inebriated state.

1 minute ago, Buc Ball said:

I guess it depends on whether you believe Darby would lie for his friend about something this serious.

I 100% believe Darby could lie about something this "serious." Some of these NFL players and celebrities...aka big name personalities...just don't get it. They don't care and feel like there are no consequences for anything they do. So do I think Darby--or ANY NFL players--would be capable of lying? Absolutely I do.

It's impossible to take a stance on an issue like this with zero evidence to dispute either side, so I won't do that. But having a lifelong friend and teammate give you an alibi doesn't hold any water to me.

If this were Cam Newton being accused of this, people would be much less likely to believe it. The fact that it's Jameis, who has a history of being a horrendous moron, makes it much more believable. It's not necessarily fair nor should it hold up in court or the NFL league office, but I'm not giving Jameis the benefit of the doubt and just brushing this away like some false accusation...which it very well could be.

7 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I mean, the NFL suspended Ezekiel Elliott 6 games for a DV issue that was cleared by the Columbus police, with documented evidence that his ex was trying to ruin his career, lied about it, and photographic evidence that Zeke wasn't even at the location of the alleged incident when it took place. Throw in 4 games for Brady being probably generally aware of the possibility of footballs being tampered with, and you have Roger Goodell and the NFL penal system in a nutshell.

Yep Jameis is screwed. 

9 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I mean, the NFL suspended Ezekiel Elliott 6 games for a DV issue that was cleared by the Columbus police, with documented evidence that his ex was trying to ruin his career, lied about it, and photographic evidence that Zeke wasn't even at the location of the alleged incident when it took place. Throw in 4 games for Brady being probably generally aware of the possibility of footballs being tampered with, and you have Roger Goodell and the NFL penal system in a nutshell.

I will never understand why the general NFL populace was happy with the outcome of Brady v. NFL. In practice, it legitimized all future sham suspensions. To be fair, I have less than zero pity for Zeke Elliot, given that he exposed a woman in public completely against her will. But if people were really interested in legitimate, law enforcement limited outcomes to NFL investigations, they had their time to speak up and generally applauded the NFL.

Schefter made a good point today.  If he takes the suspension this year, he loses a bit over 100k cause his base pay is like 725k.  If he appeals and it goes to next year, he could lose a LOT more money as his base pay will be 21 mil.

For that reason alone, he probably won't fight it.

13 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Schefter made a good point today.  If he takes the suspension this year, he loses a bit over 100k cause his base pay is like 725k.  If he appeals and it goes to next year, he could lose a LOT more money as his base pay will be 21 mil.

For that reason alone, he probably won't fight it.

This would assume that he's smart and logical. That's a mighty big assumption.

Archived