Jamies Winston Suspended First Three Weeks

REDandPEWTER

9 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I just hope this suspension is based on concrete facts as opposed to unlimited power of Article 47. I guess we ll find out soon enough.

If there's proof of any wrongdoing, I'd have to assume something happens to Darby, right? He would have publicly lied to cover up a crime.

But I feel like there would have been a lawsuit already if there was evidence.

7 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

If there's proof of any wrongdoing, I'd have to assume something happens to Darby, right? He would have publicly lied to cover up a crime.

But I feel like there would have been a lawsuit already if there was evidence.

I really dont know.  The conduct policy as we know gives so much autonomy for Goodell to do anything he sees fit.    Why some investigations can be wrapped up in a few weeks, while others take over 6 months is mind boggling.

This is bull****. No criminal wrongdoing and Ronald Darby in the car too. So does he get suspended or just Jameis cuz it’s Jameis? Wonder if it was Darby’s Uber if Jameis is still getting suspended. First 4 games is so critical to this season and the NFL might just tank it for us. Fitz magic I guess. Dude is gonna have hella weapons and an improved defense.

17 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Sounds like Darby wasn't in the car for the whole ride.

well, the league can let Darby go without punishment  because of this.  Interested to see what findings of fact were discovered with passenger 3 (if one) and ultimately if Winston and the driver were alone if there was more then just he said, she said.

59 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I just hope this suspension is based on concrete facts as opposed to unlimited power of Article 47. I guess we ll find out soon enough.

I want to get the details of the report. Did they find something that was in favor of the victim? 

The only thing i want to know is why winston just didn’t tell the Bucs? Everyone knows the baggage he entered this league with and Bucs still took a chance on him. If you’re inncocent why not get in front of it? It makes me question his innocence here  

3 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I want to get the details of the report. Did they find something that was in favor of the victim? 

The only thing i want to know is why winston just didn’t tell the Bucs? Everyone knows the baggage he entered this league with and Bucs still took a chance on him. If you’re inncocent why not get in front of it? It makes me question his innocence here  

Was he told why his account was suspended? If not, there's no reason to feel compelled to tell anyone.

30 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Was he told why his account was suspended? If not, there's no reason to feel compelled to tell anyone.

The league tends to leak info on these suspensions that give credence to their decision.  As more info filters out,  holes  in the investigation materialize.  Will it happen again?  I dont know.  It s just a slippery slope using a measurement other then the legal process in regard to guilt or innonence, IMO.

6 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Sounds like Darby wasn't in the car for the whole ride.

So presumably the third person wasn’t either?

And presumably Winston got out and got in the front after Darby had been dropped off?

6 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I genuinely don’t think there was any reason to tell the Bucs his Uber account got suspended, especially since he received a general email and nothing specific.

You can literally get suspended from taxi companies for anything. Drop some food? Banned. Someone is sick in the back? Banned. Don’t turn up for a fare? Banned. It’s massively at the driver’s discretion since they’re the one feeding the story back.

I agree that you probably wouldn’t notify them if you were guilty, but if you genuinely did nothing wrong and you get banned from a taxi company, you probably wouldn’t think twice about it. I know I wouldn’t.

10 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Tried getting the accurate info but it doesn’t say in detail what uber told him. But I mean you’re telling me he didn’t have an idea?

darby not being in the car the whole ride makes it even more suspicious. 

May take is this: darby had a female companion as the third person in the car and Winston was in the front seat. 

4 hours ago, Buc Ball said:

So presumably the third person wasn’t either?

And presumably Winston got out and got in the front after Darby had been dropped off?

I don’t believe at one point this video he says winston got out from the backseat to the passenger seat. 

11 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

This is bull****. No criminal wrongdoing and Ronald Darby in the car too. So does he get suspended or just Jameis cuz it’s Jameis? Wonder if it was Darby’s Uber if Jameis is still getting suspended. First 4 games is so critical to this season and the NFL might just tank it for us. Fitz magic I guess. Dude is gonna have hella weapons and an improved defense.

Let’s be real here. Darby’s been at Winston’s side in every altercation Winston’s accused of. He’s Winston’s friend. Is he really a reliable witness sticking up for him? 

There are many in nfl circles that probably don’t believe he’s the most mature or innocent person in his Florida state days (winston). 

The nfl is all about protecting themselves from screwing up like they did with ray rice. All the league needed to do was find any sort of misconduct. From the video posted, they found a hole in Darby and Winston’s story with his boy not being in the car the whole ride. Could have found evidence or text messages or a video that shows winston in the front seat. He denied he rode in the front seat. 

Archived