Jamies Winston Suspended First Three Weeks

REDandPEWTER

1 hour ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Again I repeat, why should contract extension and Jameis Winston be in the same sentence? 

I really doubt we'll even consider it before the end of the season. And that's only if he balls.

I need to write I have no clue which side ended the business arrangement between Winston and his agents.  However, I will write agents are usually responsible more then just contract negotiations.  In Winston s case just like Elliott last season, it will be about image repair.  As Auman s unofficial poll suggests, there is an opportunity with the right steps to have the vast majority of the public forgive and/or forget.  There will certainly always be a segment who will never forget.  Booger McFarland was right in an earlier tweet posted, Jameis is at a cross roads and it s all up to him.  

There will always be the Tom Jones out there.  I chuckled when he wrote Laker,  Raven, or Steeler fans really didn't enjoy  their teams success because of their stars baggage.  Really?  Hmm, how about the end of the Steelers/Cards Super Bowl.  I dont recall ESPN, Dan Patrick, or SI write one piece how the Santonio Holmes TD reception needs an asterisk behind it because of the guy who threw the ball.  Isnt Kobe working for ESPN right now?  Dont get wrong, I m all social awareness, but let s tap the brakes a little that somehow murder or sex crimes werent that big of a deal back in the day.  They were back then as they are today.

So, basically, it's ok because everyone else does it. 

Let's point out all the bad things so many other athletes have done in the past to justify Jameis' actions. 

He's actually not that bad of a guy. 

11 hours ago, Caaddy24 said:

So, basically, it's ok because everyone else does it. 

Let's point out all the bad things so many other athletes have done in the past to justify Jameis' actions. 

He's actually not that bad of a guy. 

It’s any scenario some here will bring up to make themselves feel better while rooting for this SOB when he comes back. “Winning will erase this from people’s memories” 

So many fans on the comment section of joebucsfan.com have gone stating they won’t renew their season tickets this year. 

On the field, everyone outside this fan base sees how clearly flawed and below average he is as a player. Off the field , they think he’s a scum bag. Even executives and scouts on other teams around the league did not have the best to say about him.   

yet our fan base seems to see something others around the league don’t ? 

Damn... same thing over and over and over again... we know we know like fourteen pages ago what's up.

It's like someone is just trying to get their post count up. Isn't there a rule somewhere regarding that?

Sad because everyone isn't pounding their chests and smashing their keyboards in anger. 

19 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

Damn... same thing over and over and over again... we know we know like fourteen pages ago what's up.

It's like someone is just trying to get their post count up. Isn't there a rule somewhere regarding that?

Sad because everyone isn't pounding their chests and smashing their keyboards in anger. 

Sad that some here still support a sexual predator. 

Lol. Anyway in all seriousness. I cannot control what ownership or the front office decides. I’m a Bucs fan. Will I be wearing a Jameis jersey or pounding my chest for why you should support him, no. But I am a Bucs fan and I want this team to succeed. It’s complicated I guess. At the end of the day, I hope Jameis turned his life around a year back when he says he dropped alcohol etc. And I mean that for more reasons than just football.

I respect the fans who are so frustrated they gave up their season tickets or won t support the team.  Where I get confused is when these fans state these actions until Winston is no longer on the team.  The Glazers have shown a clear pattern of giving players a shot at redemption.  From Michael Pittman, to Jeremy Stevens, and now Winston.  I dont know the Glazers and as much as some local reporters tend to state they have a relationship with the Glazers, nobody truly knows their rational.  Simple as a business decision or their life outlook is based on religious faith like Tony Dungy.  Whatever the reason, the pattern is clear.  

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

I respect the fans who are so frustrated they gave up their season tickets or won t support the team.  Where I get confused is when these fans state these actions until Winston is no longer on the team.  The Glazers have shown a clear pattern of giving players a shot at redemption.  From Michael Pittman, to Jeremy Stevens, and now Winston.  I dont know the Glazers and as much as some local reporters tend to state they have a relationship with the Glazers, nobody truly knows their rational.  Simple as a business decision or their life outlook is based on religious faith like Tony Dungy.  Whatever the reason, the pattern is clear.  

But didn’t he already have his shot at redemption? I mean the resume at Florida state was damning to a lot in nfl circles. 

Its funny how some view this as him getting a “second chance “ 

where fans like me, there’s a pattern here. One where in any normal circumstance, someone would be fired or in jail for this type of behaviors (see my plural). It’s unacceptal how he is going to make 7 -8 figures while his resume is filled with disgusting and inhumane acts. 

6 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

But didn’t he already have his shot at redemption? I mean the resume at Florida state was damning to a lot in nfl circles. 

Its funny how some view this as him getting a “second chance “ 

where fans like me, there’s a pattern here. One where in any normal circumstance, someone would be fired or in jail for this type of behaviors (see my plural). It’s unacceptal how he is going to make 7 -8 figures while his resume is filled with disgusting and inhumane acts. 

The Glazers by their actions are showing everyone that they are giving Winston another shot.  You can be disgusted at Winston, not even going to debate it.  You have less disgust for an ownership which has shown a clear pattern of giving players another chance when domestic issues arise?  Or less disgust with a league who trots out a Personal Conduct Policy that is definitive they are tough on domestic violence and Article 47 gives them unlimited power to punish yet brokers deals?  I highly doubt the league is interested in cutting a player a break because frankly they are interchangeable parts by the nature of the sport.  The continued growth of the bottom line of the sport suggests the disgust isnt overly high.  

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  It sure seems like the league is right. The only consequences of their collective actions (League office Owners, NFLPA) is for outraged fans to post on social media and express their displeasure, but give me football in September.  The argument this will eventually catch up to them.  I guess anything is possible, but if a business keeps revenues growing it sure seems like they are accomplishing their first objective.  When does it catch up with them?  Next year, 5 years, 10 years, 50 years?  I guess time will tell, but come September my bet is all non outraged fans and a vast majority of outraged fans will be watching football.  The NFL (league office, Owners, NFLPA) as a whole is counting on it.

40 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

The Glazers by their actions are showing everyone that they are giving Winston another shot.  You can be disgusted at Winston, not even going to debate it.  You have less disgust for an ownership which has shown a clear pattern of giving players another chance when domestic issues arise?  Or less disgust with a league who trots out a Personal Conduct Policy that is definitive they are tough on domestic violence and Article 47 gives them unlimited power to punish yet brokers deals?  I highly doubt the league is interested in cutting a player a break because frankly they are interchangeable parts by the nature of the sport.  The continued growth of the bottom line of the sport suggests the disgust isnt overly high.  

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  It sure seems like the league is right. The only consequences of their collective actions (League office Owners, NFLPA) is for outraged fans to post on social media and express their displeasure, but give me football in September.  The argument this will eventually catch up to them.  I guess anything is possible, but if a business keeps revenues growing it sure seems like they are accomplishing their first objective.  When does it catch up with them?  Next year, 5 years, 10 years, 50 years?  I guess time will tell, but come September my bet is all non outraged fans and a vast majority of outraged fans will be watching football.  The NFL (league office, Owners, NFLPA) as a whole is counting on it.

that the glazers stand by him after he not only did such a disgusting Thing, but that he was under investigation and was exonerated in December 2014 I believe? So 15 months after you’re exonerated for rape you go out and do this? The Bucs reportedly spent 1 million dollars in winstons background check and failed to interview the witness. In a way, that shows what Licht and glazers are all about. Then Winston basically proves every executive and coach/scout and GM who made such brutal comments and evaluations of him as not just a football player, but as a poor leader and character, right. And some have come out and spoke anonymously stating this. 

Walterfootball reported he had a “shady 2018 offseason “ so far. And if you want I can repost the quote but it’s on one of these pages. Walt also said the same things on doug Martin and josh freeman and Raheem Morris about their off the field behaviors and was proved right. So he’s got sources around the Tampa area, probably more so Charlie Campbell so it’s credible as he’s been right several times before. 

Go over to the JBF website and you’ll see fans in the comment section more displeased than I am that we’re keeping this buffoon. 

And I’ve also lost respect for the league. The NFL not wanting to go through the “legal process and costs “ of an appeal like Elliot’s made them broker a deal for 3 games? It’s disgusting Goodell. Rueben Foster gets two? 

Tom Brady gets 4 games for apparently leaking air out of footballs. That shows what the nfl stands for I guess. Leak the air out of footballs is a more severe crime than raping/assaulting women or beating them up ? 

The league is pathetic. 

1 hour ago, REDandPEWTER said:

And I’ve also lost respect for the league. The NFL not wanting to go through the “legal process and costs “ of an appeal like Elliot’s made them broker a deal for 3 games? It’s disgusting Goodell. Rueben Foster gets two? 

Tom Brady gets 4 games for apparently leaking air out of footballs. That shows what the nfl stands for I guess. Leak the air out of footballs is a more severe crime than raping/assaulting women or beating them up ? 

The league is pathetic. 

I 've written before I respect everyone s right to an opinion.  You are clearly disgusted.  Are you disgusted enough not to watch the Bucs and the league going forward?   IMHO, everyone involved in the league will play this shell game (including media) for the pursuit of the dollar until they 're bottom line is effected.  If the truly disgusted are still willing to support the product then what motivation is there for everyone in the league to change?  I m just not sure fans venting on fan forums but continue to watch the games  or network talking heads denouncing a player when the company they work for has a billion dollar TV contract to showcase the league s product seems slightly hollow.  ESPN certainly has hired talking heads with questionable pasts.  Maybe they believe in redemption, I don't know.

I m not being critical of whatever path someone chooses.  Just my observations.  I certainly understand and respect that a good amount of people don't share or agree with my observations.   FWIW, I m not in the overly disgusted crowd. 

17 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Sad that some here still support a sexual predator. 

I've never been butthurt so I'm not trying to convince the internet how bad of a guy Winston is like you are. He did it he's scum like everyone on this board has said multiple times but you just have to keep pounding away how inferior everyone is because they aren't up 24/7 crying like you are. I'd smack the **** out of you if you talked to me like this in person. You're an idiot and always have been. Keep up the good fight though if it makes you feel better fool.

14 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

I've never been butthurt so I'm not trying to convince the internet how bad of a guy Winston is like you are. He did it he's scum like everyone on this board has said multiple times but you just have to keep pounding away how inferior everyone is because they aren't up 24/7 crying like you are. I'd smack the **** out of you if you talked to me like this in person. You're an idiot and always have been. Keep up the good fight though if it makes you feel better fool.

Lol fighting words? Listen child, I’d love it if you were to ever in person lay a hand on me. Watch your mouth because you’re talking about hitting someone. 

Spineless POS

Archived