Jamies Winston Suspended First Three Weeks

REDandPEWTER

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Welp. I'm sure this won't go over well with some folks. But this seems like a firm stand FOR Jameis.

You have to believe that the Glaziers had a say in drafting Winston, especially given the past accusations at FSU. You have to believe they did their own diligence on the FSU allegation and got to a view they were comfortable on, otherwise, Mariota would have been the pick.

From a football perspective, this could buy the coaching staff another season, barring a complete disaster. Everyone (in the media) has written 2018 off before it’s even started because of the suspension, so if the Bucs do miss the playoffs by a few games, the coaching staff have a ready made excuse.

4 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Based on what I’ve found, the Uber driver’s claim doesn’t appear to amount to sexual assault under Arizona law, so I don’t think local police could pursue it under that legislation mentioned above.

Now if they had the same power to press charges in alleged sexual abuse cases, Winston might catch some charges...

14 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

POwering statement. I’m happy she found the strength to come forward. I feel sorry for any woman who has to through any sort of sexual misconduct. 

This statement is not just incredible, but it shows support for Erica Kinsman and throws a dagger at FSU and the Justice system. Had they got it right their, we wouldn’t be dealing with this today. 

26 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

POwering statement. I’m happy she found the strength to come forward. I feel sorry for any woman who has to through any sort of sexual misconduct. 

This statement is not just incredible, but it shows support for Erica Kinsman and throws a dagger at FSU and the Justice system. Had they got it right their, we wouldn’t be dealing with this today. 

Why do you believe the FSU allegation was covered up? 

Whats your reasons for believing that so many people would conspire to cover up a woman allegedly being raped?

Which version of the accuser’s story do you believe? The one where she says she was drugged? The one where her attacker was of Hispanic origin and between 5’8’’ and 6’4’’? Or the one where the guy you don’t like did it?

1 hour ago, Buc Ball said:

Whats your reasons for believing that so many people would conspire to cover up a woman allegedly being raped?

Which version of the accuser’s story do you believe? The one where she says she was drugged? The one where her attacker was of Hispanic origin and between 5’8’’ and 6’4’’? Or the one where the guy you don’t like did it?

Cover ups happen all the time. The rape kit confirmed his dna so where she was drugged. The fact that the police department and Florida state didn’t act on the accusation immediately as it was one of their top football players. It was poorly handled and that’s how he got away with it  

Throw in the fact Darby was a witness and Winston denied the allegations against him. They both denied them this time and they were caught lying. The credibility is gone and this almost confirms it. 

I find it saddening that people here still believe he didn’t rape Kinsman. So naive because he was found “not guilty” yet don’t believe anything the victim says. And to be unbelievably naive to say “why would someone cover it up “ or “why would someone lie about that” etc. Not everyone has a moral conscious. Some in Florida state love football they protect players, etc. Darby lied to back his friend up twice. 

There is more support for Kinsman after this guilty incident of Jameis Winston. The nfl was able to find his story false which should make more people question the credibility of what happened at Florida state. Yet some here don’t ? 

Blows my mind. 

I love football. I love all sports. But there is more important things. How can anyone support this guy by saying “he better come out and win” or comparing it to “Roethlisberger “ etc. “if he wins, it’ll be forgotten”. Those are putrid statements that should never be spoken of. 

Im disappointed in those who support him and care about how this team performs with or without him. He was drafted under high scrutiny and he only proved the people who questioned his character right. 

Jason Licht and th glazers should be ashamed of themselves. He screwed them over by breaking the trust and million dollar investigation through the draft process when scouting him off the field. 

Yet they continue to support him because they need to win football games? I mean on the field, he hasn’t done much of that either. Off the field he’s a scum bag. Why keep him? 

25 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Throw in the fact Darby was a witness and Winston denied the allegations against him. They both denied them this time and they were caught lying. The credibility is gone and this almost confirms it. 

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

THEn why publicly defend him and state there were three guys in the car? Did he tell the league differently because they found damning evidence that supported the uber driver during his interview? I’ve personally seen the “wanna tell us what really happened” after proving the original statement false all the time. 

2 hours ago, Buc Ball said:

This is a battle that s not worth fighting.  It doesn't matter from a legal stand point there were no charges.  It doesn't matter that a retired Chief Justice of the State Supreme court who was agreed upon by both parties was presented by testimony for both sides and found her testimony no more believable then hers.  I appreciate your efforts.

My views have not changed.  The NFL is more concerned about PR.  I m  no lawyer, but I m assuming Credible and Consistent doesn't equal truthful beyond a shadow of doubt. If it did, I highly doubt the Winston statement would have an apology not admitting guilt.  He league would not okay his statement, It would be naive to think the league wasn't involved in his statement.

IMO, for what s it's worth, NFL investigations are based upon principles of street justice.  Since  it appears one side without due process appears like a pretty good account  that s enough fact not absolute, but enough to punish.  Article 47 allows the league to set such a standard, and the NFLPA were idiots for signing off on it.  So the PA can huff and puff, but has no league leg to stand on.  

Finally, I remember Ray Lewis , a double murder, and a missing suit.  At the time, I was in the street justice crowd, he has to be guilty,  but what I realized if I wanted due process when there was a question whether I broke the law (something as simple as a traffic violation), it would be hypocritical of me to deny due process because obviously someone elses brush with the law is way more serious.  Btw, Ray Lewis is in the HOF.  @bucsfan333 is right, time does heal wounds for the majority of people.

its really sad here that fans on this board are supporting winston. As the Segment I posted above, he’s had too many chances. His apology was putrid and not caring. 

The posts here by some are trying to find “loop holes “ in statements that make Jameis look somewhat innocent and “not as bad”. How can anyone root for this scum under center? 

Havnt read this entire thread but figured I’d throw my 2 cents in.. 

As a die hard Noles and Bucs fan, I can’t in good conscience support him as the Bucs starting QB. I’ve always tried my best defending him and giving him the benefit of the doubt up until this point but now I can’t. I appreciate he is trying to improve by giving up alcohol, etc., but I can’t look past this mistake when he is supposed to be a community leader. I don’t care how much better of a team we are with him as the QB, this is bigger than a game. I’d rather lose all of our games with Fitzpatrick. They need to release him. 

Archived