Jamies Winston Suspended First Three Weeks

REDandPEWTER

33 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

its really sad here that fans on this board are supporting winston. As the Segment I posted above, he’s had too many chances. His apology was putrid and not caring. 

The posts here by some are trying to find “loop holes “ in statements that make Jameis look somewhat innocent and “not as bad”. How can anyone root for this scum under center? 

I don't remember any posts from anyone supporting him in this case.

And forgive us for taking everything you type with a grain of salt. You've been anti-Jameis since the beginning, only popping in to denegrate and (seemingly) celebrate every mistake he's ever made, both on and off the field.

46 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Cover ups happen all the time. 

Your evidence?

47 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

The rape kit confirmed his dna so where she was drugged. 

No one has claimed the two of them didn’t have sex. Toxicology reports confirmed the accuser was not drugged.

51 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Throw in the fact Darby was a witness and Winston denied the allegations against him. They both denied them this time and they were caught lying. The credibility is gone and this almost confirms it. 

Do you believe that Chris Casher is also a liar?

53 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I find it saddening that people here still believe he didn’t rape Kinsman. So naive because he was found “not guilty” yet don’t believe anything the victim says. And to be unbelievably naive to say “why would someone cover it up “ or “why would someone lie about that” etc. Not everyone has a moral conscious. Some in Florida state love football they protect players, etc. Darby lied to back his friend up twice. 

Winston was not “found not guilty”. Winston was never charged because the DA didn’t have a case.

56 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

There is more support for Kinsman after this guilty incident of Jameis Winston. The nfl was able to find his story false which should make more people question the credibility of what happened at Florida state. Yet some here don’t ? 

Why did Kinsman settle the lawsuit with Winston with no cost to Winston? The legal proof required for civil cases is much lower than for criminal cases. 

You don’t know what happened definitively. I don’t know what happened definitively. All we can do is base our views of the accusations on the facts that are available in the public domain. 

Read from the sources, do your own research and form your own opinion. If you want others to form your opinions for you, by all means, continue with ESPN.

29 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

This is a battle that s not worth fighting.  It doesn't matter from a legal stand point there were no charges.  It doesn't matter that a retired Chief Justice of the State Supreme court who was agreed upon by both parties was presented by testimony for both sides and found her testimony no more believable then hers.  I appreciate your efforts.

My views have not changed.  The NFL is more concerned about PR.  I m  no lawyer, but I m assuming Credible and Consistent doesn't equal truthful beyond a shadow of doubt. If it did, I highly doubt the Winston statement would have an apology not admitting guilt.  He league would not okay his statement, It would be naive to think the league wasn't involved in his statement.

IMO, for what s it's worth, NFL investigations are based upon principles of street justice.  Since  it appears one side without due process appears like a pretty good account  that s enough fact not absolute, but enough to punish.  Article 47 allows the league to set such a standard, and the NFLPA were idiots for signing off on it.  So the PA can huff and puff, but has no league leg to stand on.  

Finally, I remember Ray Lewis , a double murder, and a missing suit.  At the time, I was in the street justice crowd, he has to be guilty,  but what I realized if I wanted due process when there was a question whether I broke the law (something as simple as a traffic violation), it would be hypocritical of me to deny due process because obviously someone elses brush with the law is way more serious.  Btw, Ray Lewis is in the HOF.  @bucsfan333 is right, time does heal wounds for the majority of people.

That’s a sensible view. 

You have to put your faith in the justice system and let due process play out. If there are things in the justice system which you disagree with, take appropriate action.

There will inevitably be things that don’t get reported by the media and other details that get picked apart by everyone. The media’s goal is to attract views to its content, hence the sensationalist headlines and the rise of clickbait. All the facts don’t necessarily have a place.

It comes down to whether you want to form your own opinion on something, or let someone else do your thinking for you. I know which I prefer.

59 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I don't remember any posts from anyone supporting him in this case.

And forgive us for taking everything you type with a grain of salt. You've been anti-Jameis since the beginning, only popping in to denegrate and (seemingly) celebrate every mistake he's ever made, both on and off the field.

Celebrate? Lol. Sorry for my disliking of a guy who just got nabbed again of another sexual misconduct. I guess I should give him a third or fourth chance huh ? 

13 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Celebrate? Lol. Sorry for my disliking of a guy who just got nabbed again of another sexual misconduct. I guess I should give him a third or fourth chance huh ? 

You've been the proverbial "hater" since well before this incident.

1 minute ago, REDandPEWTER said:

So I’m a hater Bc he’s proved me right? I’m not following. 

How do you argue in circles so effectively? Like, you lose an argument so you change the subject to move on to something else. It's astounding, really.

Like I said at the beginning: you've been anti-Jameis since before we even drafted him. And you only come in to post when he makes a mistake; be it on the field or off the field. So forgive the rest of us for taking everything you say about him with a grain of salt.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

How do you argue in circles so effectively? Like, you lose an argument so you change the subject to move on to something else. It's astounding, really.

Like I said at the beginning: you've been anti-Jameis since before we even drafted him. And you only come in to post when he makes a mistake; be it on the field or off the field. So forgive the rest of us for taking everything you say about him with a grain of salt.

SO again , you’re calling me a hater for being honest? And correct? 

“When he makes a mistake” lol. No. That’s not a mistake. That’s a crime.  A filthy disgusting crime. 

This is a pathetic argument. When you back up a statement with cold hard facts, you’re a “hater”. Unbelievable. You all continue to make excuses for a guy who’s not only a below average qb, but a human piece of trash as a human. When he told little kids “women are meant to keep quiet, polite”. “ oh he just misspoke, he’s young and does a lot for the community. “ 

when he chased down a ref “ oh that’s just his competitive spirit”. When he starts a fight with Latimore from the sidelines “ oh it’s just him being young he’s only 23” 

and now this “ oh it was two years ago. He’s been a model citizen since and stopped consuming alcohol “ 

?

When you back up a statement with cold hard facts, you’re a “hater”. Unbelievable. You all continue to make excuses for a guy who’s not only a below average qb, but a human piece of trash as a human. 

1) You have literally quoted no facts.

2) No one is making excuses for him. 

3) Work on your comprehension skills.

6 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

1) You have literally quoted no facts.

2) No one is making excuses for him. 

3) Work on your comprehension skills.

Lol you’re pathetic. Go back to supporting this guy. 

Makes me wonder where people’s morals are. Football or society. 

On this note, I highly doubt winston would or should be allowed to work with children in the community now that they see him for who he is. 

9 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Lol you’re pathetic. Go back to supporting this guy. 

Makes me wonder where people’s morals are. Football or society. 

On this note, I highly doubt winston would or should be allowed to work with children in the community now that they see him for who he is. 

Haha, and now you’ve resorted to throwing insults because you can’t actually form a decent argument.

It defies belief that some people are this dense...

5 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

Haha, and now you’ve resorted to throwing insults because you can’t actually form a decent argument.

It defies belief that some people are this dense...

Lol. I believe every thing I’ve ever posted, I was “a hater”. I think I posted this thread and got backlash until it became true. Lol talk about dense. 

I can post anything and it’ll be refuted with “loop hole comments” to back him up because he’s a football player. 

Lol. I believe every thing I’ve ever posted, I was “a hater”. I think I posted this thread and got backlash until it became true. Lol talk about dense. 

I can post anything and it’ll be refuted with “loop hole comments” to back him up because he’s a football player. 

You jumped to conclusions, so people pointed out there wasn’t sufficient evidence for you to base those conclusions on, other than your underlying prejudice...

Archived