Jamies Winston Suspended First Three Weeks

REDandPEWTER

We've all been sucked into talking about each other (myself included), but we need to keep the conversation about Jameis and the Bucs. I'm sorry. Let's please move on.

Again, I know this is a tough subject to discuss, both as fans and empathetic people. And there are obviously strong opinions all over the place. And that's good. That's what drives conversation. We should have this discussion. 

If y'all haven't noticed, this is the only place on the site to have this conversation. Keeping the conversation specifically about Jameis and the Bucs will allow us to keep this thread open and able to share our opinions. But we need to be mindful of the rules when we do.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Let's keep stirring the pot.

It looks pretty certain that the Bucs are keeping him at this stage, so this new agent will mainly be responsible for negotiating his extension. 

A more experienced football agent (his old agents were mainly baseball guys) might be what he needs given his position at the moment. 

I wonder who he goes with. All will become clear in 5 days...

21 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

It looks pretty certain that the Bucs are keeping him at this stage, so this new agent will mainly be responsible for negotiating his extension. 

A more experienced football agent (his old agents were mainly baseball guys) might be what he needs given his position at the moment. 

Bigger question is who will represent him, not who he chooses. 

5 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Bigger question is who will represent him, not who he chooses. 

We’ll know in five days - if he’s got someone new by that time, we can probably guess there were a few agents trying to recruit him, or he had someone else lined up all along.

If not, well...

22 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

We’ll know in five days - if he’s got someone new by that time, we can probably guess there were a few agents trying to recruit him, or he had someone else lined up all along.

If not, well...

Ezekiel Elliott had agents after being reinstated, Michael Vick coming out of federal prison had representation.  I think this is a bunch of nothing. I know there is recency bias, but Ray Lewis was a much more passionate topic of discussion, representation  was not a problem for him, he s in the HOF, and the moral compass known as ESPN hired him.  24/7 news cycle.  

1 hour ago, Buc Ball said:

If I was going to put money on it I’d say Drew Rosenhaus.

50 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Because Rosenhaus is a worse human being than winston ? 

They shouldn’t even be thinking of extension right now. 

He seems like kind of a Richard. And it seems like he always gets his guys the biggest contracts.

22 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Again I repeat, why should contract extension and Jameis Winston be in the same sentence? 

Because the Bucs seemingly wont release him, so it’s doubtful they let him walk.

Archived