Jamies Winston Suspended First Three Weeks

REDandPEWTER

Oh geez relax guys. Winston is already going to set the Bucs back 7-8 years. Let's not let him cause this much rift between the fans too. 

I will continue to watch the Bucs, while rooting against Winston (like I've done from the day he was drafted). Yes because I hate him, but also because I know it will be better for the team and organization once he's gone. 

42 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

Oh geez relax guys. Winston is already going to set the Bucs back 7-8 years. Let's not let him cause this much rift between the fans too. 

I will continue to watch the Bucs, while rooting against Winston (like I've done from the day he was drafted). Yes because I hate him, but also because I know it will be better for the team and organization once he's gone. 

At least you're honest. ?

54 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Something interesting to consider

When the Glazers do cut ties with Winston, money will not be a major factor, especially over on field performance.  They have a long history of paying head coaches starting with Gruden. On a lesser scale, they extended Jay Hayes and fired him a month later.  IMO, Florio is bringing up an issue not even in the top 5 that would cause the Glazers to jettison Winston.

44 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

When the Glazers do cut ties with Winston, money will not be a major factor, especially over on field performance.  They have a long history of paying head coaches starting with Gruden. On a lesser scale, they extended Jay Hayes and fired him a month later.  IMO, Florio is bringing up an issue not even in the top 5 that would cause the Glazers to jettison Winston.

From a football perspective, the glazers are horrible owners. They have no football IQ. I know this thread is on the Jameis suspension , but they’ve made quick decisions ( Lovie Smith hiring) with out the proper research. 

My opinion but the glazers won’t ever give the city of Tampa a championship or ever be relaxant until new ownership takes over, if it ever happens. I believe it when the JBF guy’s state they have a hard time finding good coaches. 

Only thing  I want to say on this topic though.....

I do believe the man has changed dramatically since when the incident took place.  It doesn't change much football wise or anything else for that matter, but as he is a human being it is something. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Auman said those agents rep guys already on the team. So it should be quick and easy.

I agree, it s not a surprise that well known agents are trying to gain Winston as a client.  I got a chuckle when it was first announced Winston was changing agents and there was a question on who would want to represent him.  I get the emotion behind people s opinion on Winston, but the possibility of an agent losing clients because of signing Winston was at best remote, IMO.  

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

I agree, it s not a surprise that well known agents are trying to gain Winston as a client.  I got a chuckle when it was first announced Winston was changing agents and there was a question on who would want to represent him.  I get the emotion behind people s opinion on Winston, but the possibility of an agent losing clients because of signing Winston was at best remote, IMO.  

I think it's a balancing act that the agents have to determine how much they want to risk their own reputation when gaining someone like Winston as a client.  

Winston has done a tremendous amount of work for the community and has transformed himself from his days at FSU and even his early time in the NFL.  I think that helps anyone justify taking him on as a client. 

3 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

I think it's a balancing act that the agents have to determine how much they want to risk their own reputation when gaining someone like Winston as a client.  

Winston has done a tremendous amount of work for the community and has transformed himself from his days at FSU and even his early time in the NFL.  I think that helps anyone justify taking him on as a client. 

The agents he parted ways with were baseball guys, I believe. He's eyeing a new contract. Makes sense that he'd opt for guys more versed in NFL contracts.

I mean these agents have to be weary of their reputation signing with him but I’ll get to the footballs perspective. 

Winston has underperformed for a number 1 pick. A QB of his expectations should have made players better yet they go out and get him a ton of talent and he’s extremely inconsistent. I know 4,000 yards in his first two seasons. Yeah yeah. But he hasn’t won games and turns it over a ton. 

Why is he a “hot client” when he’s basically in a make or break year who’s 20 million option is not guaranteed next year? 

If he comes off a sexual misconduct suspension and stinks up the joint like he has, that agent will drop him as fast as the Bucs 

9 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Winston has underperformed for a number 1 pick. A QB of his expectations should have made players better yet they go out and get him a ton of talent and he’s extremely inconsistent. I know 4,000 yards in his first two seasons. Yeah yeah. But he hasn’t won games and turns it over a ton. 

No running game, no protection, no defense. All this equates to having to force things and when he does he gets into trouble 

You can't win games with just a QB and a couple WR's.  Now in the previous year he had 1 WR.  You can't expect a QB new to the league to be Peyton Manning or Tom Brady (Even they have protection and a defense.  They make WR's better bc of the years of experience)

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

No running game, no protection, no defense. All this equates to having to force things and when he does he gets into trouble 

You can't win games with just a QB and a couple WR's.  Now in the previous year he had 1 WR.  You can't expect a QB new to the league to be Peyton Manning or Tom Brady (Even they have protection and a defense.  They make WR's better bc of the years of experience)

Manning threw 28 INTs his rookie year. And had 10 seasons of 14+ INTs. He finished his career ~2.5:1 TD:INT ratio. And he's still one of the best QBs to ever play the game.

Brady won his first three Super Bowls because of Vinatieri and his defense. He was pretty much a 2:1 guy before his amazing 2007 season. His 2007 season was his eighth season.

It takes time.

Derek Carr was an MVP candidate two years ago before crashing and burning last year. Cam's MVP season was ridiculous but he'll never come close to replicating that. It took him five seasons to do it, and he's never come remotely close to doing it in any other season. Brees throws a ton of INTs to go with all his yards and TDs. Matt Ryan is barely over a 2:1 TD:INT ratio for his career, and has never strung together two consecutive seasons remotely close to his 2016 season. 

I'll leave out Rodgers because he's the exception. Dude's #good at football.

I think people see what Brady and Rodgers are doing right now and expect that to be the standard. But those two are so far ahead of everyone else. And it took Brady eight years to get to this point. Hell, Rodgers sat for three years before he got his shot.

Archived