REDandPEWTER

Jamies Winston Suspended First Three Weeks

Oh geez relax guys. Winston is already going to set the Bucs back 7-8 years. Let's not let him cause this much rift between the fans too. 

I will continue to watch the Bucs, while rooting against Winston (like I've done from the day he was drafted). Yes because I hate him, but also because I know it will be better for the team and organization once he's gone. 

42 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

Oh geez relax guys. Winston is already going to set the Bucs back 7-8 years. Let's not let him cause this much rift between the fans too. 

I will continue to watch the Bucs, while rooting against Winston (like I've done from the day he was drafted). Yes because I hate him, but also because I know it will be better for the team and organization once he's gone. 

At least you're honest. 😂

54 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Something interesting to consider

When the Glazers do cut ties with Winston, money will not be a major factor, especially over on field performance.  They have a long history of paying head coaches starting with Gruden. On a lesser scale, they extended Jay Hayes and fired him a month later.  IMO, Florio is bringing up an issue not even in the top 5 that would cause the Glazers to jettison Winston.

44 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

When the Glazers do cut ties with Winston, money will not be a major factor, especially over on field performance.  They have a long history of paying head coaches starting with Gruden. On a lesser scale, they extended Jay Hayes and fired him a month later.  IMO, Florio is bringing up an issue not even in the top 5 that would cause the Glazers to jettison Winston.

From a football perspective, the glazers are horrible owners. They have no football IQ. I know this thread is on the Jameis suspension , but they’ve made quick decisions ( Lovie Smith hiring) with out the proper research. 

My opinion but the glazers won’t ever give the city of Tampa a championship or ever be relaxant until new ownership takes over, if it ever happens. I believe it when the JBF guy’s state they have a hard time finding good coaches. 

OMG I can come back and post now.  Not that any of you missed me but I've missed discussing the bucs with you all

@bucsfan333 I'll be posting more now.

tenor.gif?itemid=5536415

Only thing  I want to say on this topic though.....

I do believe the man has changed dramatically since when the incident took place.  It doesn't change much football wise or anything else for that matter, but as he is a human being it is something. 

3 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Auman said those agents rep guys already on the team. So it should be quick and easy.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Auman said those agents rep guys already on the team. So it should be quick and easy.

I agree, it s not a surprise that well known agents are trying to gain Winston as a client.  I got a chuckle when it was first announced Winston was changing agents and there was a question on who would want to represent him.  I get the emotion behind people s opinion on Winston, but the possibility of an agent losing clients because of signing Winston was at best remote, IMO.  

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

I agree, it s not a surprise that well known agents are trying to gain Winston as a client.  I got a chuckle when it was first announced Winston was changing agents and there was a question on who would want to represent him.  I get the emotion behind people s opinion on Winston, but the possibility of an agent losing clients because of signing Winston was at best remote, IMO.  

I think it's a balancing act that the agents have to determine how much they want to risk their own reputation when gaining someone like Winston as a client.  

Winston has done a tremendous amount of work for the community and has transformed himself from his days at FSU and even his early time in the NFL.  I think that helps anyone justify taking him on as a client. 

3 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

I think it's a balancing act that the agents have to determine how much they want to risk their own reputation when gaining someone like Winston as a client.  

Winston has done a tremendous amount of work for the community and has transformed himself from his days at FSU and even his early time in the NFL.  I think that helps anyone justify taking him on as a client. 

The agents he parted ways with were baseball guys, I believe. He's eyeing a new contract. Makes sense that he'd opt for guys more versed in NFL contracts.