Jump to content
REDandPEWTER

Jamies Winston Suspended First Three Weeks

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

The below paragraph , I’ve been warned not to go personal on so I’m going to avoid getting into it. All I know is I have friends who have integrity that would not put themselves in that scenario. 

The below paragraph doesn’t say Darby was in the Uber for the whole ride. The statement he publicly released is likely not going to be everything he told the NFL. It’s a PR statement, not a full statement that provides the detail that some very simple questions from an NFL investigator would have brought out.

Darby makes a statement of fact about his time in Uber and then offers an opinion. 

Since you still refuse to answer a hypothetical question, there are two possible conclusions:

1) You would cover for a friend, or;

2) You, like pretty much anyone else, wouldn’t cover for your friend, but you inexplicably believe that someone you’ve never met doesn’t possess the same morality as you, on a basis only known to yourself. That’s a very extreme position to take.

Until the NFL provides more detail, the only certainty we have is that Winston didn’t report he had been banned from Uber and that Darby apparently wasn’t in the taxi for the full ride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

The below paragraph doesn’t say Darby was in the Uber for the whole ride. The statement he publicly released is likely not going to be everything he told the NFL. It’s a PR statement, not a full statement that provides the detail that some very simple questions from an NFL investigator would have brought out.

Darby makes a statement of fact about his time in Uber and then offers an opinion. 

Since you still refuse to answer a hypothetical question, there are two possible conclusions:

1) You would cover for a friend, or;

2) You, like pretty much anyone else, wouldn’t cover for your friend, but you inexplicably believe that someone you’ve never met doesn’t possess the same morality as you, on a basis only known to yourself. That’s a very extreme position to take.

Until the NFL provides more detail, the only certainty we have is that Winston didn’t report he had been banned from Uber and that Darby apparently wasn’t in the taxi for the full ride.

Haha so you’re still a winston homer? Just remember he’s been suspended at every level of football he’s played at. 

And if you really want to know. Covering for a “friend” who commits such an act only puts you in the same situation to ruin your career/life by lying. So no I wouldn’t do that Bc then why would you want to be associated with such low of a person to commit such a disgusting act? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Haha so you’re still a winston homer? Just remember he’s been suspended at every level of football he’s played at. 

And if you really want to know. Covering for a “friend” who commits such an act only puts you in the same situation to ruin your career/life by lying. So no I wouldn’t do that Bc then why would you want to be associated with such low of a person to commit such a disgusting act? 

I don’t know what I’ve said to imply that. All I’ve done is offered viable alternatives to your close minded argument.

What information do you have that isn’t in the public domain that has lead you to the conclusions that Darby is lying and that you definitively know what has happened in the Uber?

I’m not really sure the “fact” that Winston has been suspended at every (every?) level of football has to do with whether he’s guilty in this case. 

Why do you believe that Darby would lie to cover for a friend?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

I don’t know what I’ve said to imply that. All I’ve done is offered viable alternatives to your close minded argument.

What information do you have that isn’t in the public domain that has lead you to the conclusions that Darby is lying and that you definitively know what has happened in the Uber?

I’m not really sure the “fact” that Winston has been suspended at every (every?) level of football has to do with whether he’s guilty in this case. 

Why do you believe that Darby would lie to cover for a friend?

You’re being naive in implying that Darby “told the nfl he wasn’t in the car the whole ride” when the public statement that we have evidence of him saying is he was in the car and did not witness anything. So what you’re basically saying is darby changed his story from November ? And if he did change the story, it makes winston look really bad  

basically to summarize, either Darby got caught lying for Winston or he changed his story. Neither favor Jameis  

 

Edited by REDandPEWTER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

You’re being naive in implying that Darby “told the nfl he wasn’t in the car the whole ride” when the public statement that we have evidence of him saying is he was in the car and did not witness anything. So what you’re basically saying is darby changed his story from November ? And if he did change the story, it makes winston look really bad  

basically to summarize, either Darby got caught lying for Winston or he changed his story. Neither favor Jameis  

 

Darby made a statement of fact, then offered an opinion that he was “confident nothing happened”. 

How do you know he didn’t tell the NFL that he wasn’t in the Uber the whole time? A basic question an investigator would ask is whether he and Winston got out at the same point. 

Darby’s PR statement isn’t his statement to the NFL. Undoubtedly his statement to the league would contain more detail and he’d likely be required to answer questions as he gave his statement. That’s just him giving more detail to assist the investigation and it doesn’t necessarily follow that he lied or mislead anyone. 

He said Winston was in the back with him. What proof do you have that he wasn’t in the back when Darby was in the Uber?

Anyone with a basic understanding of English can tell that his statement to the media implies that he either wasn’t awake for the full time or that he wasn’t in the Uber for all of the journey. After all, why would he merely be “confident nothing happened” if he was there the entire time?

It really is incredible how insistent you are that Darby would lie to try to cover up an alleged sexual assault. What has Darby done for you to conclude that he’d lie about that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

Darby made a statement of fact, then offered an opinion that he was “confident nothing happened”. 

How do you know he didn’t tell the NFL that he wasn’t in the Uber the whole time? A basic question an investigator would ask is whether he and Winston got out at the same point. 

Darby’s PR statement isn’t his statement to the NFL. Undoubtedly his statement to the league would contain more detail and he’d likely be required to answer questions as he gave his statement. That’s just him giving more detail to assist the investigation and it doesn’t necessarily follow that he lied or mislead anyone. 

He said Winston was in the back with him. What proof do you have that he wasn’t in the back when Darby was in the Uber?

Anyone with a basic understanding of English can tell that his statement to the media implies that he either wasn’t awake for the full time or that he wasn’t in the Uber for all of the journey. After all, why would he merely be “confident nothing happened” if he was there the entire time?

It really is incredible how insistent you are that Darby would lie to try to cover up an alleged sexual assault. What has Darby done for you to conclude that he’d lie about that?

xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few considerations going through my head:

As much as I like Jason Licht and the way he has built this team, if Winston doesn’t work out, he’s gone. 

Hindsight is 20/20 and while I was on the Mariota train, character alone would have made him the better pick. Statistically on the field there hasn’t been a huge difference. Who knows what different coaching would have done for each players decelopment though.

If the organization does entertain getting rid of Jameis or having a backup plan, Bridgewater would be a very good backup/bridge option.

To our knowledge, there is no proof that Jameis did anything, just the Commish and Article 47. If Glazers supported Jameis after allegations came out with one of their wives on field talking with him pre game, I would tend to think that with no evidence and a suspension, nothing in their mind changes.

IF Jameis did do it (we may never know) this was 2+ years ago. People do change and mature, this didn’t happen yesterday. However if/when something else happens, no matter how small, I’ll 100% be on the cut Jameis train with Tom Jones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big Ben got 3 games for an incident not involving police investigation.  How much of a past Ben had before the suspension who knows.  Something to keep in mind going forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Buc Ball said:

Darby made a statement of fact, then offered an opinion that he was “confident nothing happened”. 

How do you know he didn’t tell the NFL that he wasn’t in the Uber the whole time? A basic question an investigator would ask is whether he and Winston got out at the same point. 

Darby’s PR statement isn’t his statement to the NFL. Undoubtedly his statement to the league would contain more detail and he’d likely be required to answer questions as he gave his statement. That’s just him giving more detail to assist the investigation and it doesn’t necessarily follow that he lied or mislead anyone. 

He said Winston was in the back with him. What proof do you have that he wasn’t in the back when Darby was in the Uber?

Anyone with a basic understanding of English can tell that his statement to the media implies that he either wasn’t awake for the full time or that he wasn’t in the Uber for all of the journey. After all, why would he merely be “confident nothing happened” if he was there the entire time?

It really is incredible how insistent you are that Darby would lie to try to cover up an alleged sexual assault. What has Darby done for you to conclude that he’d lie about that?

You’re contradicting yourself man. You’re basically staying his PR statement and his statement to the nfl are complete opposites. So then why would he say something completely different to the nfl? 

And again, he backs his boy winston in to the media. Yet, contradicts himself to the nfl by stating he “believes nothing happened but wasn’t in the car the whole time” 

is it also a coincidence that Darby seems to be around winston in every accusation stating he “didn’t do it” 

come on man. There is skepticism to this story from winston and Darby. You just don’t want to believe it Bc it means our season is done before it started. 

Edited by REDandPEWTER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

You’re contradicting yourself man. You’re basically staying his PR statement and his statement to the nfl are complete opposites. So then why would he say something completely different to the nfl? 

And again, he backs his boy winston in to the media. Yet, contradicts himself to the nfl by stating he “believes nothing happened but wasn’t in the car the whole time” 

is it also a coincidence that Darby seems to be around winston in every accusation stating he “didn’t do it” 

come on man. There is skepticism to this story from winston and Darby. You just don’t want to believe it Bc it means our season is done before it started. 

The only thing I get from this post is that you have no idea what the word “opposite” means.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lil' Shorty said:

A few considerations going through my head:

As much as I like Jason Licht and the way he has built this team, if Winston doesn’t work out, he’s gone. 

Hindsight is 20/20 and while I was on the Mariota train, character alone would have made him the better pick. Statistically on the field there hasn’t been a huge difference. Who knows what different coaching would have done for each players decelopment though.

If the organization does entertain getting rid of Jameis or having a backup plan, Bridgewater would be a very good backup/bridge option.

To our knowledge, there is no proof that Jameis did anything, just the Commish and Article 47. If Glazers supported Jameis after allegations came out with one of their wives on field talking with him pre game, I would tend to think that with no evidence and a suspension, nothing in their mind changes.

IF Jameis did do it (we may never know) this was 2+ years ago. People do change and mature, this didn’t happen yesterday. However if/when something else happens, no matter how small, I’ll 100% be on the cut Jameis train with Tom Jones.

The thing is winston went through one big investigation for assault in Florida state that only he and the victim know. 

Only less than a year after that accusation he shouts obscene comments degrading women which led to suspension against Clemson. 

He is now under scrutiny for the same thing , again. 

On the field, he starts fights while being in the sideline. Shows tremendous immaturity and has played so erratic and emotional. 

Yet, Bc this incident happened in 2016, it’s ok to give him another chance to mature and grow from this? That’s just letting him get away with it all. Again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sure hope the league has the courage to release the results of the investigation.  Elliott was suspended for 6 games under Violation of the Conduct Policy for all evidence accumulated (testimonies, forensic evidence, etc) that the lead investigator who was female recommended Elliott should receive zero games.  

Rumor is Winston will be suspended for 3 games even though it is already leaked a key witness s testimony "didnt hold water".  Interesting times indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

The thing is winston went through one big investigation for assault in Florida state that only he and the victim know. 

Only less than a year after that accusation he shouts obscene comments degrading women which led to suspension against Clemson. 

He is now under scrutiny for the same thing , again. 

On the field, he starts fights while being in the sideline. Shows tremendous immaturity and has played so erratic and emotional. 

Yet, Bc this incident happened in 2016, it’s ok to give him another chance to mature and grow from this? That’s just letting him get away with it all. Again. 

Thank you for your contribution to this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as the team goes, it will be interesting to see how good our depth and off-season additions really are. Jameis hasn’t been the end all for this team to this point as hoped for when he was drafted. This upcoming season will be interesting for many reasons, but above all, I really just want to get back to the playoffs. Give me something to cheer for!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×