Jamies Winston Suspended First Three Weeks

REDandPEWTER

I think we can all agree that we just want the Bucs to win and the thought of blowing up the QB position again with so much of the team in place is utterly sickening and painful. I also think I speak for everyone that when I say having a face of the franchise who is also your team leader be someone who assaults women on and off cannot happen. (Not saying Jameis did or did not do anything, just making a statement.)

I can’t imagine what is going through Licht, Koetter and co. minds right now. 

If Jameis did do this, or it looks like he did, the fan base will not be able to get behind him any more and idk what the owners will do with the front office and team because of it, but it will not be anything leading to a Super Bowl or playoffs soon.

Part of my concern, Kwon has voiced support of Jameis. If Jameis is this bad guy, as the “team leader” his character is seemingly polluting the moral compass of the team and possibly further. That. Can’t. Happen.

Will Grier 2019? Mortgage the future?? But who will the coach and GM be... *begins sad chuckle*

If Jameis comes back and wins nine or 10 games, everyone will forget about this. It is what it is. Winning fixes everything. Remember Big Ben's bathroom incident? I didn't until I saw it brought up again today, comparing it to this.

If we have another losing season, gotta imagine we're taking a QB in the first round. Can't have a guy with two nationally televised sex crime accusations that loses you games. And at this point, there's only so much 'potential' left to hope for.

It's kinda ****ed. But that's what happens.

3 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

If Jameis comes back and wins nine or 10 games, everyone will forget about this. It is what it is. Winning fixes everything. Remember Big Ben's bathroom incident? I didn't until I saw it brought up again today, comparing it to this.

If we have another losing season, gotta imagine we're taking a QB in the first round. Can't have a guy with two nationally televised sex crime accusations that loses you games. And at this point, there's only so much 'potential' left to hope for.

Pretty much this.

On the basis of what the Steelers did with Roethlisberger, I don’t see us moving on from Winston over this incident, but he’s hanging by a thread. Another season of not living up to his potential will see him off the roster for 2019.

The Bucs will need to establish whether there are any other incidents out there that they should know about. If there are, he might not even make camp.

7 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Here’s the other thing to consider. What about the backlash the Bucs will get from the community? Sponsors? They won’t want to be associated with a franchise that took a risk on a guy who had so many question marks coming out. 

I don’t think winning or losing comes to mind right now. This is a serious matter that the league and franchises have received a ton of flack for not taking it seriously. Look at San Francisco’s. John lynch has not resigned Eric Reid yet is holding on to Reuben Foster ? That’s outrageous if you ask me. 

“If he wins 9 games and people will forget about this “ is not something that should be said. Why would you forget about this? He’s under investigation again and this time it’s not looking to go his way. Which will make a lot of people think, did he get away with it back at FSU? Darby was his star witness there too. 

3 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

“If he wins 9 games and people will forget about this “ is not something that should be said. Why would you forget about this? He’s under investigation again and this time it’s not looking to go his way. Which will make a lot of people think, did he get away with it back at FSU? Darby was his star witness there too. 

Because that's what happens. Remember Dante Stallworth killing someone while drunk driving? He went to the Pats and everyone forgot. Big Ben is another example. Winning makes everything else obsolete.

I'm not saying it's right. Especially if Jameis did do something wrong. But that's the nature of the business. Unless a video pops up of him doing it, nobody will care if he wins games.

57 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Because that's what happens. Remember Dante Stallworth killing someone while drunk driving? He went to the Pats and everyone forgot. Big Ben is another example. Winning makes everything else obsolete.

I'm not saying it's right. Especially if Jameis did do something wrong. But that's the nature of the business. Unless a video pops up of him doing it, nobody will care if he wins games.

The majority of the people will forget quickly.  There will always be a few die hards who will never forget.  The league just needs to release its findings at this point.  This bits of information will not allow the league to put this to rest, which it ultimately wants to be done before training camps open.

The fact that we have to have the same discussion again on Jameis Winston regarding sexual misconduct is extemely sad, humiliating and down right horrible. 

I’m very interested to see how Jason Licht and the glazers respond. They were under a lot of scrutiny with selecting Jameis. Now the same baggage he entered the league with has come to haunt them. Jason Licht has always said “admit to your mistakes and move on.” 

Bucsb_logo.gif Buccaneers QB Jameis Winston suspended for 3 games (personal conduct): 5/10 Disaster Rating 
Jameis Winston has been suspended for three games, stemming from an incident with an Uber driver where he allegedly groped her. This occurred back in March 2016, yet Winston is finally being penalized for it now. 

Call me crazy, but I don't think this is a big deal for this season. Maybe I feel that way because I know that Winston has been doing shady things off the field during this spring, which is why I recently predicted that Tampa would have the worst record in the NFL in 2018.”

http://walterfootball.com/disastergrades.php#ixzz5JIVQJ8vQ

i wonder what info Walt and Charlie have on this clown that he’s done this spring? They’ve usually been right before. 

I would really have to hate to throw out a lot of Bucs merhandise if this is true. His resume is clouded with sexual misconduct. 

I dont want to get personal but I’m a strong advocate against sexual assault/DV. Nfl teams and the league have seem to not take it as seriously in general. 

1 hour ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I would really have to hate to throw out a lot of Bucs merhandise if this is true. His resume is clouded with sexual misconduct. 

I dont want to get personal but I’m a strong advocate against sexual assault/DV. Nfl teams and the league have seem to not take it as seriously in general. 

Except the NFL suspends (and takes away hundreds of thousands of dollars) from players with no regard of the law.

3 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Except the NFL suspends (and takes away hundreds of thousands of dollars) from players with no regard of the law.

And guilty people walk away free countless times when they should be paying for it. 

Not every incident has a video (see ray rice). There are other pieces of evidence that is pretty telling. No one wants to believe that though. 

Archived