Jamies Winston Suspended First Three Weeks

REDandPEWTER

7 minutes ago, navysaintsfan said:

I'm glad to see fans taking this stance. Dude is a piece of crap. and yes, 3 games is ridiculous. Players get 4 games for PED violations. This dude touched/assaulted another human being. Bucs at the very least need to take a stand and at the VERY LEAST increase the suspension in house. If I am the Glazer's, I would have been telling the GM to get rid of him while he was at the podium.

Also, guys, please understand I have no ill will against your team. I know we are division rivals, but the Bucs are the only team I actually like in the South besides the Saints. I am not wanting horrible things to happen to your team. I felt horrible for the Falcons during the whole Vick situation and then Petrino leaving them high and dry. And I hate the Falcons. I just personally can't stand Winston as a person. I hope you guys make the right call.

I'm 100% with you... it will continue to boggle my mind how many Bucs fans here still defend him. Actually not just Bucs fans here, many friends and people I know that aren't Bucs fans defend him. I've hated him from the start and my intuition has proven correct yet again. Not to boast about it, lol. 

4 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

I'm 100% with you... it will continue to boggle my mind how many Bucs fans here still defend him. Actually not just Bucs fans here, many friends and people I know that aren't Bucs fans defend him. I've hated him from the start and my intuition has proven correct yet again. Not to boast about it, lol. 

Yeah I’m with you. His entire past is sketchy. The way Florida state handled his scandal was more protecting him. Darby and Winston lied about this whole thing back in November. The nfl caught him and backed up the story of the uber driver. Now winston comes out with that statement. 

Makes you think that Darby lies back then. 

There are bigger things than football. I’m with you. Winston needs to go. 

I’m kind of with R&P on the point that Winston’s apology to the Uber driver is some admission of guilt. 2 years is time of someone to change but this is now a pattern.

Idk what the Glazers will do but I doubt it’s mandate to cut him. As messed up as it is, if fan reaction isn’t awful and it doesn’t hurt their bottom line all that much, I think they care more about if Jameis balls out the 13 games he can play this year. If he sucks, then I think he is gone, but if he doesn’t, I think he is kept. Not saying it’s right, just my opinion of how a business operates. Hey do we lose $20M if we cut him since we picked up his option?

I truly wonder if Jason Licht had full autonomy as the GM when Jameis was drafted. If he did I think Licht is screwed. If Lovie made the call and the Glazers like how the rest of the team looks, I bet Licht sticks around, even if Koetter is fired.

16 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I’m kind of with R&P on the point that Winston’s apology to the Uber driver is some admission of guilt. 2 years is time of someone to change but this is now a pattern.

Idk what the Glazers will do but I doubt it’s mandate to cut him. As messed up as it is, if fan reaction isn’t awful and it doesn’t hurt their bottom line all that much, I think they care more about if Jameis balls out the 13 games he can play this year. If he sucks, then I think he is gone, but if he doesn’t, I think he is kept. Not saying it’s right, just my opinion of how a business operates. Hey do we lose $20M if we cut him since we picked up his option?

I truly wonder if Jason Licht had full autonomy as the GM when Jameis was drafted. If he did I think Licht is screwed. If Lovie made the call and the Glazers like how the rest of the team looks, I bet Licht sticks around, even if Koetter is fired.

Under the new cba, all contracts guaranteed money voids if a player is suspended per failed test or violating the conduct policy. 

59 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

So an apology to the driver for his actions and detailed report released doesn’t do it for you? 

My only question is, why did the league not give him six? 

Doesn t do what for me exactly?  Btw, if you read Florio s piece the NFL release wasn t the full report.   In the future, please don t assume or tell me what I should be thinking.  

IMO, the league continues more about PR, which I believe Florio pointed out in this piece.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Pretty well sums up where the process is at.  I still believe he will not be released especially now knowing the official report wont be made public.  Just my opinion.

We’ve got to assume the Bucs have the official report and therefore have more information than all of us.

We’ll never know what evidence there was and we’ve now got to trust the Bucs’ judgement on whether to keep him. I’d expect they’ve looked at the Steelers’ situation with Roethlisberger and the reasons why the NFL offered/agreed a deal.

If they keep him, he’s on his last last chance.

16 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

We’ve got to assume the Bucs have the official report and therefore have more information than all of us.

We’ll never know what evidence there was and we’ve now got to trust the Bucs’ judgement on whether to keep him. I’d expect they’ve looked at the Steelers’ situation with Roethlisberger and the reasons why the NFL offered/agreed a deal.

If they keep him, he’s on his last last chance.

IMO, for what s it worth as a fan which isn t much is all sides- league, organization, Winston, and NFLPA are treading in this murky water of PR and what is legal with state and federal laws.  I dont think it is a big secret major college and professional sports has a lot of grey most times dark corners.  

We ll never know why the NFL didnt suspend Winston 6 games.  I just don t choose to get that upset about it because of what I wrote above. I think the Bucs won t cut him.   If other people want to get upset, I m not going to try and change their opinion.  I just expect the same courtesy if someone doesnt agree with me.  Certainly @Buc Ball I have respected your opinion and responses.

24 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

For what it’s worth, what Winston is alleged to have done isn’t considered “sexual assault” in Arizona. Instead it appears to be “sexual abuse” per Arizona law. Effectively, he hasn’t actually broken that part of the player conduct policy.

Maybe that’s where the difficulty stems from in this case for the NFL and not suspending him for 6 games.

16 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

IMO, for what s it worth as a fan which isn t much is all sides- league, organization, Winston, and NFLPA are treading in this murky water of PR and what is legal with state and federal laws.  I dont think it is a big secret major college and professional sports has a lot of grey most times dark corners.  

We ll never know why the NFL didnt suspend Winston 6 games.  I just don t choose to get that upset about it because of what I wrote above. I think the Bucs won t cut him.   If other people want to get upset, I m not going to try and change their opinion.  I just expect the same courtesy if someone doesnt agree with me.  Certainly @Buc Ball I have respected your opinion and responses.

It makes a difference discussing something this sensitive with people who are actually willing to ground their views in facts. 

You’ve held off from taking a view until the facts are out. To be honest, that’s the only approach anyone reasonable can take. 

Let’s hope Fitzmagic turns up in September.

8 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

It makes a difference discussing something this sensitive with people who are actually willing to ground their views in facts. 

You’ve held off from taking a view until the facts are out. To be honest, that’s the only approach anyone reasonable can take. 

Let’s hope Fitzmagic turns up in September.

From the football side, there is zero reason to start the season with 3 losses, when 2 are at home.  

All indications have been that the Glazers have  known about this suspension for months.  Could they release him?  Sure, but I just don t think they will.  Any suspension was going to get this reaction, I would be surprised if the Glazers are shocked by the blow back the last couple of weeks.

6 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

From the football side, there is zero reason to start the season with 3 losses, when 2 are at home.  

All indications have been that the Glazers have  known about this suspension for months.  Could they release him?  Sure, but I just don t think they will.  Any suspension was going to get this reaction, I would be surprised if the Glazers are shocked by the blow back the last couple of weeks.

Honestly, give it a week and everyone will have something new to be upset about. Sucks. But it is what it is.

32 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

He’d be gone by now I think. The Bucs have presumably had a week to make a decision given when the leak occurred.

As for how we start the season, if our Dline is as advertised and we can actually run the ball, we’ve got a chance.

I find it hilarious that the people who claim Winston is trash are the same people who say he’s ruined the start of our season. Try not arguing both sides of the same coin...

Archived