Sign in to follow this  
ET80

Take a look at my JOHNSON!

1 hour ago, brooks1957 said:

Given the fact that Greg Robinson was not cut just the other day - he had been unsigned for a while - I am sure the discussion among the coaches was to determine if he could be a better option than Rod Johnson in the near future. Since Greg was signed and Tod was cut, there is your answer.

Given that the Texans didn't sign Robinson and did sign Johnson when he became unavailable shows their preference is pretty obvious too.

Puh-TAY-toe vs. puh-TOT-toe.

As I said before, it is all a matter of evaluation and projection by professionals in both front offices. Since I am not smart enough to definitively say one is right and the other is wrong - we can revisit this in a year and we will have a pretty good clue to the proper answer.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So it’s just a coincidence that every time a front office changes the roster had massive turnover?

How did this staff determine Johnson’s ability?  They haven’t even put on pads yet he was hurt all last season.

Perhaps he was lazy in meetings and such. 

17 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Perhaps he was lazy in meetings and such. 

Maybe.

It would seem an odd move to replace him with a guy with a history of reporting to camp overweight if laziness were the issue though.

Posted (edited)

He's got high hips, which makes it harder to squat and sit in your stance to absorb power. He's a terminal waist bender who lunges all day long. All the ingredients for a bad lineman.

He can't handle speed. Can't handle power. And he can't handle speed converted to power. Other than that, he's great.

Edited by Fatgerman

27 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

He's got high hips, which makes it harder to squat and sit in your stance to absorb power. He's a terminal waist bender who lunges all day long. All the ingredients for a bad lineman.

He can't handle speed. Can't handle power. And he can't handle speed converted to power. Other than that, he's great.

You’re going to have to specify, Johnson or Robinson?

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So many opinions about his play without seeing him play for the Browns...

I get his technique sucked in college, but that’s why he was a late round pick. 

Based on these comments you’d think players can’t develop.  Just because Browns players don’t doesnt mean the rest of the league doesn’t manage to do it.

That is exactly what every scout does with every draft prospect ever. 

Players can an do develop but it doesn't mean anyone should care that were cut this guy. The chances are still extremely slim he amounts to anything.

I don't know about everyone else but I sure as **** didn't form my opinion of him after we drafted him. If it were up to me I wouldn't have even had him on my draft board.

53 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

That is exactly what every scout does with every draft prospect ever. 

They try to determine who may or may not be good before making an investment.  In this case the investment has already been made, why not wait a few months and see if it paid off?

Players can an do develop but it doesn't mean anyone should care that were cut this guy. The chances are still extremely slim he amounts to anything.

I get that.  Chances are slimmer that Stephenson or Robinson do either.  Only one of those guys still has the benefit of youth and inexperience.

I don't know about everyone else but I sure as **** didn't form my opinion of him after we drafted him. If it were up to me I wouldn't have even had him on my draft board.

People saying he sucks are basing that opinion off of the tape of a 20 year old kid from 2 years ago.  All I’m saying is I’d have taken a longer look to see if that’s still the case, it wouldn’t have cost anything.

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

They try to determine who may or may not be good before making an investment.  In this case the investment has already been made, why not wait a few months and see if it paid off?

I get that.  Chances are slimmer that Stephenson or Robinson do either.  Only one of those guys still has the benefit of youth and inexperience.

People saying he sucks are basing that opinion off of the tape of a 20 year old kid from 2 years ago.  All I’m saying is I’d have taken a longer look to see if that’s still the case, it wouldn’t have cost anything.

I'm just saying it doesn't really bother me we cut him now or later.

They are all terrible. None of them will make the team unless we have injuries before final cut down day. Even then I don't think Dorsey will just sit on his hands with out current tackle situation.

Dorsey has it all under control. Joe Thomas is the next Desmond Harrison. Trust me on that, guys.

1 minute ago, NudeTayne said:

Dorsey has it all under control. Joe Thomas is the next Desmond Harrison. Trust me on that, guys.

I think you might have that qɐɔʞʍɐɹps.

37 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I'm just saying it doesn't really bother me we cut him now or later.

They are all terrible. None of them will make the team unless we have injuries before final cut down day. Even then I don't think Dorsey will just sit on his hands with out current tackle situation.

I don’t disagree, I just don’t think the idea that “we cut him because he’s awful” argument doesn’t hold water, he’s an absolute unknown at this point.

I also think the tackle issue is slightly overblown. Coleman is an average starter, so was Hubbard last season.  Drango can fill in in a pinch and Harrison has loads of potential. 

Looking back to last season after Thomas went down, there went many times I thought “damn our tackles are killing us”.  I think they’ll provide acceptable play, enough to win with anyway.

52 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

I think you might have that qɐɔʞʍɐɹps.

...what is this witchcraft...

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

...what is this witchcraft...

I think he must have been holding his phone upside down or something when he posted, idk.