GOAT Sports Movies: GOLF EDITION

MWil23

Which Golf Movie is the GOAT Golf Movie?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which Golf Movie is the GOAT Golf Movie?

• Caddyshack
    • Happy Gilmore
    • The Caddy
    • The Legend of Bagger Vance
    • Tin Cup

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/22/2018 at 11:48 AM

In continuing with the GOAT sports movies (I'll leave baseball open for another day), I figured I'd follow up with Golf, which in all honesty, is possibly the most underrated/best sports movie category. While there aren't as many of them, there are some really good ones. 

Please refer here for the criteria:

Disqualified due to being based on a true story:

The Greatest Game Ever Played

Bobby Jones: Stroke of Genius

The options:

Caddyshack (I and II...while two is awful, it still has some moments. Plus I have to be consistent with the sequel/trilogy/anthology rule)

91akYx3LjfL._SX342_.jpg

Happy Gilmore

220px-Happygilmoreposter.jpg

The Caddy

MV5BNTViZWJhYjgtNDlkNC00MDIyLWFhYjAtNzBk

The Legend of Bagger Vance

91WKrOSFW1L._SY445_.jpg

Tin Cup

220px-Tin_Cup.jpg

1 minute ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Any answer other than Caddyshack is wrong, and you're a bad person for suggesting otherwise.

I'd have to agree, although #2 would be a fun debate between Happy Gilmore, Tin Cup, and The Legend of Bagger Vance. All of them have uniquely different fantastic parts.

2 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

This is like starting a poll to ask whose the best QB in Patriots history is.  Just ask what the 2nd best Golf Movie of all time is...

We don’t need to let this devolve into another Brian Hoyer love fest, let's stay on topic pal.

Tin cup, the reason is Costner plays a role that is more true to life in the world of golf that many don't understand, he was real close a lot of times and then Hollywood had to add stupid crap from time to time but there are guys out there that have phenom golf games but can't get out of their own way and they wind up living odd quirky lives half as a golf pro the other part who knows.

On 6/21/2018 at 11:13 AM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Ban people who answered differently. Use your mod powers for good.

Also, "sports" movie tbh.

Would you stop assuming I can really do anything outside of move stuff from General to anywhere else? 

I'm nothing but a sexy, reasonably adjusted, incredibly charismatic person. I can't BAN anyone.

I think Happy Gilmore and Caddyshack are both 1a and 1b. It may depend on the demographic to who prefers which, but I don't think there's a wrong answer. I personally prefer Happy Gilmore, but I love both movies.

Now that I've said that and initiated the wrath of ET, allow me to make my escape

tenor.gif?itemid=10416741

Archived