Laken Tomlinson extended by 49ers

49erurtaza

8 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So he must have improved at least a decent amount after getting trade? I know thats not crazy money but Detroit certainly wasn't interested in keeping him

He was pretty bad in the early part of the year, but much improved in the later part of the year. The big question will be - did he improve because he grew comfortable in the scheme and gelled with the rest of the line, or was his late year improvement imaginary solely based on the introduction of Jimmy G as the starting quarterback and his much quick release / decision making? 

5 hours ago, Forge said:

He was pretty bad in the early part of the year, but much improved in the later part of the year. The big question will be - did he improve because he grew comfortable in the scheme and gelled with the rest of the line, or was his late year improvement imaginary solely based on the introduction of Jimmy G as the starting quarterback and his much quick release / decision making? 

I'll trust Kid Shanny on this one. Must be something there that they saw worth investing in beyond 2018. Having a full-offseason in the scheme will probably benefit him, as he was traded right after pre-season and as you stated, needed to gel with the rest of the line, while also learning the playbook. 

Just now, 757-NINER said:

I'll trust Kid Shanny on this one. They're must be something there that they saw worth investing in beyond 2018. Having a full-offseason in the scheme will probably benefit him, as he was traded right after pre-season and as you stated, needed to gel with the rest of the line, while also learning the playbook. 

Yep, I really don't have an issue with this one much. I like that we got one of the guard spots resolved since both starters were pending free agents next year. He's not great, but we could do much worse (we once had Jordan Devey!). If he's competent, I'm happy and this contract is largely fine, particularly if the 'max' is only 18 million over 3 years. 

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So he must have improved at least a decent amount after getting trade? I know thats not crazy money but Detroit certainly wasn't interested in keeping him

I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock into moves, or decisions, Detroit makes...

7 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

For Jimmy's sake he better hope he is more than average. That quick release is beautiful but you'd think a more aggressive defensive scheme on the WRs would lessen its effectiveness. 

Average is fine to me. Too many teams have black holes on the interior. Average is better than that at least. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Average is fine to me. Too many teams have black holes on the interior. Average is better than that at least. 

"Aaron Donald eats pieces of average for lunch!" Shooter McGavin

Kidding aside I liked him coming out of college, too bad he ended up in SF.

18 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

They still aren't anything impressive though.

Besides week 1, I hope Tomlinson enjoys a lot of success with the Niners.

are u a vikings fan? because im sure ud remember detroit winning 3 of the last 4 vs the vikings.. What exactly have the vikes done except for putting on one of the worst showings in NFC championship history.

Archived