Laken Tomlinson extended by 49ers

49erurtaza

17 hours ago, detroitlions72003 said:

He brought the Lions Front office into it. Hes a Vikings fan. He doesn't know what a good front office even looks like.

Image result for feelings hurt gif

Dude stop crying. You are embarrassing yourself. The Vikings are a better franchise than the Lions right now. You can hand your hat on them winning 3 of the last 4, but it doesn't mean the Lions are in a better place right now.

17 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

You are hell bent on keeping this discussion on anything but the actual topic, aren't you?

What do you think about this move the 49ers made? 

I think hes a very average offensive lineman who is getting paid for his 1st round pick status and unfulfilled potential. However, not that it matters in the sense of the signing, he was always a stand up person and player in his time in Detroit so good for him to get that kind of money. The PTBNL hasn't been picked for Detroit in next years 5th round so no way to truly know how to feel about the original trade made to get him to the niners right now.

3 hours ago, detroitlions72003 said:

I think hes a very average offensive lineman who is getting paid for his 1st round pick status and unfulfilled potential. However, not that it matters in the sense of the signing, he was always a stand up person and player in his time in Detroit so good for him to get that kind of money. The PTBNL hasn't been picked for Detroit in next years 5th round so no way to truly know how to feel about the original trade made to get him to the niners right now.

I think the deal was fair. That was about the going rate for former first round picks who had kind of busted out for their original team (Cam Erving being another notable one that was moved that off season for similar compensation). I know that @IDOG_det thought he could be better in SF than he was in Detroit, so it kind of made sense all the way around. I don't think that there was any problem with the trade from Detroits end, even if that fifth rounder yields really nothing in return. He wasn't going to do anything in Detroit, and quite possibly would have been cut. At least you guys got something for him. I feel like the 49ers are about to do something very similar with Joshua Garnett and trade him for a late round pick this off season before the season starts. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I think the deal was fair. That was about the going rate for former first round picks who had kind of busted out for their original team (Cam Erving being another notable one that was moved that off season for similar compensation). I know that @IDOG_det thought he could be better in SF than he was in Detroit, so it kind of made sense all the way around. I don't think that there was any problem with the trade from Detroits end, even if that fifth rounder yields really nothing in return. He wasn't going to do anything in Detroit, and quite possibly would have been cut. At least you guys got something for him. I feel like the 49ers are about to do something very similar with Joshua Garnett and trade him for a late round pick this off season before the season starts. 

Yeah I get that and I understand the trade. Tomlinson wasn't a Quinn pick so it was much easier to get rid of him. Just another bad pickup by Mayhew's regime sadly but hoping he turns into something in San Francisco. Always good to get something for what they think is nothing.

Archived