Jump to content
pwny

Ranking the roster - #17

#17?  

8 members have voted

  1. 1. #17?

    • Marqise Lee
    • Taven Bryan
      0
    • Jermey Parnell
    • Josh Lambo
    • T.J. Yeldon
      0
    • Donte Moncrief
      0
    • D.J. Hayden
      0
    • Ronnie Harrison
      0
    • Abry Jones
      0
    • A.J. Cann
      0
    • Austin Seferian-Jenkins
    • Other (please specify)
      0


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
On 6/23/2018 at 1:02 AM, iPwn said:

I just don’t know how you can justify someone who just put together their best year and only got 357 yards and 3TDs as being better than Lee and Moncrief, let alone some of the players at other positions.

There’s an absurd amount of projection going into him to get to that level. Maybe he does get to that point and that would be great, but I don’t think you can really use a couple weeks of underwear practice to properly make that assumption of growth.

We're talking about the 17th best player here. ASJ also isn't JUST a receiving threat. TEs can't be ranked on pure yardage/receiving production. They just aren't often as keyed in as targets as receivers unless we're talking the top end TEs.

I saw Lee top the league in drops and Moncrief also takes a lot of projection as if he won't get hurt like every other year.

Edited by .Buzz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

We're talking about the 17th best player here. ASJ also isn't JUST a receiving threat. TEs can't be ranked on pure yardage/receiving production. They just aren't often as keyed in as targets as receivers unless we're talking the top end TEs.

I saw Lee top the league in drops and Moncrief also takes a lot of projection as if he won't get hurt like every other year.

He is a bigger threat to get in trouble than he is at pancaking a LB...so yea he is just a receiving “threat”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

He is a bigger threat to get in trouble than he is at pancaking a LB...so yea he is just a receiving “threat”

u forget the 2 good blocks he had against for the jets including 1 which he sealed our Best DL Campbell ;)

while he isnt Lewis as a Blocker he certainly is an all-around TE compared to guyz Like Ertz, Julius thomas, ect......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

u forget the 2 good blocks he had against for the jets including 1 which he sealed our Best DL Campbell ;)

while he isnt Lewis as a Blocker he certainly is an all-around TE compared to guyz Like Ertz, Julius thomas, ect......

Thats like saying Lee's hands are great compared to Troy Williamson...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

His Run block was rated 59.9 and his pass blocking a 65.7 by PFF. Those grades aren't impressive seeing as they're out of 100, right? In either case it's not impressive because Ben Koyack was rated a 70.4 is run blocking, which is what we need. Now he was rated a better pass blocker than Mercedes Lewis, but his run blocking was far below (89.1 RB, and 52.4 PB for Lewis). 

 

Side note as well on the first link that you posted. I thought that the first comment was hilarious, although in poor taste. In response to ASJ saying, "I can be best run-blocking, pass-catching TE", 

Quote
paschendale68 says:

Austin is back on the bottle….

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jags said:

His Run block was rated 59.9 and his pass blocking a 65.7 by PFF. Those grades aren't impressive seeing as they're out of 100, right? In either case it's not impressive because Ben Koyack was rated a 70.4 is run blocking, which is what we need. Now he was rated a better pass blocker than Mercedes Lewis, but his run blocking was far below (89.1 RB, and 52.4 PB for Lewis). 

 

Side note as well on the first link that you posted. I thought that the first comment was hilarious, although in poor taste. In response to ASJ saying, "I can be best run-blocking, pass-catching TE", 

 

pff also isnt the end all of be all either because as you know they also sayed cyprien was an ELITE safety when we let him go.   

the Point is hes not completely 1 dimensional receiving  te like Julius was and while hes not the blocker Lewis is(in run-blocking) he is the better receiver. 

the funnier part on that stat is Koyak also had more Run-blocking snaps then  ASJ despite playing appx 250 fewer snaps.  let us not forget that the jets also didnt have that good of back running nor did they have a good offense in general. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

pff also isnt the end all of be all either because as you know they also sayed cyprien was an ELITE safety when we let him go.   

the Point is hes not completely 1 dimensional receiving  te like Julius was and while hes not the blocker Lewis is(in run-blocking) he is the better receiver. 

the funnier part on that stat is Koyak also had more Run-blocking snaps then  ASJ despite playing appx 250 fewer snaps.  let us not forget that the jets also didnt have that good of back running nor did they have a good offense in general. 

Sounds very similar to what I was saying when someone brought up the PFF rushing scores for Dante Fowler. 

More snaps would probably not have been that much of a benefit. Let's say a 5 point increase, that's still less than Koyack. The running back's effectiveness does not impact his individual grade either. Either he beat his man in the situation or he didn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/24/2018 at 10:46 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

He is a bigger threat to get in trouble than he is at pancaking a LB...so yea he is just a receiving “threat”

...

Dude has turned his life around after going through a serious illness. Come on dude.

Edited by .Buzz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

while hes not the blocker Lewis is(in run-blocking) he is the better receiver

I mean do we even really know this to be true? He hasn’t exactly outperformed Marcedes as a receiver despite Lewis primarily being used as a blocker. 

We’re all hoping he takes a huge step forward as a receiver, and word out of camp seems to be that he has. But also it’s entirely possible that  he’s just one of those guys who shows well in underwear practices and he continues to be a 2-300 yard, 3 TD receiver come game time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, iPwn said:

I mean do we even really know this to be true? He hasn’t exactly outperformed Marcedes as a receiver despite Lewis primarily being used as a blocker. 

We’re all hoping he takes a huge step forward as a receiver, and word out of camp seems to be that he has. But also it’s entirely possible that  he’s just one of those guys who shows well in underwear practices and he continues to be a 2-300 yard, 3 TD receiver come game time. 

or maybe he just happened to be stuck in a bad situation.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×