Philadelphia Eagles: Dynasty In The Making?

Nex_Gen

22 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

How many super bowls does a team need to win to be a dynasty? 3? 

If so let's bring up this potential talk after they win a second if they ever do. 

Or at least wait until they have consecutive winning seasons.

To be a true Dynasty I'd say 3 in a row, a dynasty traditionally doesn't have an interruption. As far as sports dynasties it's whatever you want.

16 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

To be a true Dynasty I'd say 3 in a row, a dynasty traditionally doesn't have an interruption. As far as sports dynasties it's whatever you want.

I think 3 in a row is rough. I think 3 in 5 years is a dynasty especially in the NFL where winning 2 in 10 year is still almost impossible

4 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I think 3 in a row is rough. I think 3 in 5 years is a dynasty especially in the NFL where winning 2 in 10 year is still almost impossible

Agreed i think 3 in 5 is a good bar anything short of that and you weren't a dynasty. 

24 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Three what in a row? Division titles? You certainly don't mean Super Bowls?

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Agreed i think 3 in 5 is a good bar anything short of that and you weren't a dynasty. 

That's a pretty high bar. Especially in this day and age. 

Categorizing a team as a Dynasty is an interesting concept. I don't think it's enough to win something arbitrary like 3 out of 5. The Giants won 3 world series in 5 years, but I don't know many that categorize that team as a "Dynasty". The two years in between they missed the playoffs altogether, and some of those years they didn't even win their own division. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Categorizing a team as a Dynasty is an interesting concept. I don't think it's enough to win something arbitrary like 3 out of 5. The Giants won 3 world series in 5 years, but I don't know many that categorize that team as a "Dynasty". The two years in between they missed the playoffs altogether, and some of those years they didn't even win their own division. 

It's different for each sport and the context of the era. In basketball you really aren't a dynasty unless you won about 5 in a given period of time.

17 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:
45 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Three what in a row? Division titles? You certainly don't mean Super Bowls?

I mean the true origin of dynasty where a single person or family reined for a long period of time, there wasn't a 3 out of 5 year dynasty. Sports dynasties aren't defined, traditionally thinking, back to back is better than 3 out of 5 if there wasn't a repeat because you held the title for more than one year/term.

11 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

and what would be the negative to that? 

Ehh, it's a descriptive term used only to measure up teams of a certain era or time frame, anyway. There wouldn't be a huge negative, but on the other hand, people are going to go out and declare this or that, regardless. It's a historical stamp.

1 minute ago, TENINCH said:

Right now the NFC is too strong for any dynasties.

You might be right about that. 

Archived