Which Team(s) Got Worse This Offseason?

JaguarCrazy2832

The Seahawks. The Chiefs, who will miss Alex Smith for at least half the season. The Bengals have improved on paper, but then again shouldn't have been as bad as they were last year--I think Lewis is simply lost in the wilderness, leadership-wise. The Cowboys could surprise, but they could also disappoint. Big time. 

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

Isn't this the obvious answer? http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/NE

No one wants to bet against history, but if we're talking about the roster on paper, no one else's looks weaker year to year. Tom Brady playing at GOAT-level will mask most of that, but they are incredibly reliant on a 40+ not having a regression.

That team certainly has some flaws but that OL could be really really solid next season. And they will have one of the best rushing attacks in the league. Barring Brady completely falling apart, that team will win 11+ games once again. 

On paper, I’d go Seattle.

I think Buffalo downgrading from Tyrod, losing 3 starting offensive linemen, starting LB in Brown, and still sort of lacking the bonafide edge rusher, puts them in the conversation. I like Murphy and they added two young potential contributors in the first round, but compared to most teams, I think they regressed. 

NE regressed on paper, I think. McCourty is likely a downgrade at corner. Wynn/Brown might be able to equal Solder (who had a down year in 2017) but they haven’t proven it yet. Sony needs to prove he can do it before being deemed a lateral move from Lewis. Edelman’s back (sort of) but Cooks is gone - that’s an upgrade if Edelman weren’t suspended or coming off an injury. Amendola’s replaced by Matthews/Mitchell/Berrios, but again, they’re not as proven in NE. The surefire upgrades have been on the defensive front 7, adding Clayborn, Rivers, Shelton, and two young LBs to the group. NE has potential with their replacements, but you can’t really give them that benefit until they prove it on the field. 

Two that immediately come to mind are the Seahawks and the Patriots.

The Bills are choosing to do a refresh so I don't know if you can count them exactly. Many teams seem stagnant, but no else really just flat out seems worse off.

10 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That team certainly has some flaws but that OL could be really really solid next season. And they will have one of the best rushing attacks in the league. Barring Brady completely falling apart, that team will win 11+ games once again. 

The OL and running game are where two of their biggest losses of talent occurred though.... Solder and Lewis are probably the best players they lost (Butler was at least replaced by McCourty.) Waddle isn't bad and Michel could be good, but definite drop offs from Solder and Lewis.

3 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

The OL and running game are where two of their biggest losses of talent occurred though.... Solder and Lewis are probably the best players they lost (Butler was at least replaced by McCourty.) Waddle isn't bad and Michel could be good, but definite drop offs from Solder and Lewis.

But they added Trent Brown and drafted Isaiah Wynn to the OL. Brown has question marks in the run game, but is absolutely one of the best pass protectors in the game. He is superior to Soldier in that regard.

There won't be any drop off from Lewis to Michel. Sure Michel is a rookie, but rookie RBs don't need time to adjust like other positions. Michel/White/Burkhead is a damn good trio. And you also have Hill who may be able to give you something as well. 

So yeah, I think OL and run game wise they are going to be damn good. Fair to question their defense and weapons on the outside though. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But they added Trent Brown and drafted Isaiah Wynn to the OL. Brown has question marks in the run game, but is absolutely one of the best pass protectors in the game. He is superior to Soldier in that regard.

There won't be any drop off from Lewis to Michel. Sure Michel is a rookie, but rookie RBs don't need time to adjust like other positions. Michel/White/Burkhead is a damn good trio. And you also have Hill who may be able to give you something as well. 

So yeah, I think OL and run game wise they are going to be damn good. Fair to question their defense and weapons on the outside though. 

Yeah the offensive line should be awesome and Michel is easily the best RB prospect they drafted in a LONG time. 

People also need to realize Butler played pretty bad last year, McCourty was better than him and he’s far cheaper and Gilmore is more in tune with the system than he was last year. 

Also defensively they are getting Hightower back and added Shelton who should help the pass rush be more aggressive. Also Derek Rivers will have a chance to show if he’s worth it. 

The biggest hit they took where they didn’t adequately replace was probably at WR with Cooks and Amendola gone. But they are getting Edelman back this year and added Matthews and Britt. But they were already loaded there anyways. The key for the Pats this year will be to generate more of a pass rush. 

Offensively they are fine. Defense will be the question 

16 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

One of the teams that came to mind for me was Washington. I dont like the QB trade-off and losing Fuller sucks too. 

The Redskins added the most prolific passer last season & winner, a top 10 rookie RB in which they did not have in D. Guice, not 1 but 2 potential rookie studs along the d-line in Payne & Settles to go with Allen.

Fuller is pretty good, but lets all not act like we traded Darrell Green here. He still has a lot to learn.

Not only did the Skins not get worse, I expect them to be in the Playoff hunt this season. Providing they can stay healthy.

Archived