Which Team(s) Got Worse This Offseason?

JaguarCrazy2832

12 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I agree about the Chiefs being boom or bust. I like their potential but I just fear their defense is going to be bad and Mahomes is going to throw a ton of interceptions and its going to either be shootouts or get ugly in games. On the flip side, I do think the upside is higher because of Mahomes not being afraid to stretch the field and take some chances. The Chiefs are going to be fun to watch though. I am rooting for them because I like Mahomes. Other than Watson, Mahomes was my favorite QB in that draft class.

Do you guys consider Eric Berry coming back from injury an addition?  While Peters, Johnson & Hali have moved on, with Fuller & Hitchens added and Berry back I don't see them dramatically worse on D.

16 minutes ago, jvmillion83 said:

Do you guys consider Eric Berry coming back from injury an addition?  While Peters, Johnson & Hali have moved on, with Fuller & Hitchens added and Berry back I don't see them dramatically worse on D.

I considered Berry. I know he is great but will he be enough to cover up other inefficient areas on the defense? If I’m not mistaken, the Chiefs poor rushing the passer last season. 

18 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

The Chiefs got worst to me. I was thinking about this yesterday talking to my friend. The Chiefs defense was bad last year and it got worst losing Peters. I can see the defense being ranked at the bottom in alot of the major categories. The one key category in particular which is points allowed. They are going to give up a ton of points. On the flip side, they lost Alex Smith who at least took care of the ball. I really like Mahomes, but he will turn the ball over alot just from him being inexperienced in the NFL combined with his playing style of taking too many risks. So when you have a defense that will give up a ton of yards and points combined with a QB who will turn the ball over alot, thats not a good recipe for success. I dont think the Chiefs make it to the playoffs this upcoming season and i know for most people they are the trendy pick to make it back to the playoffs. It wouldnt shock me if they finished 3rd if not flat out last in their own division.

Good points. I have SD winning that division, and Denver finishing second (with a Wild Card).

17 hours ago, jvmillion83 said:

Having a lockdown CB like Peters would allow Berry to shadow the #2 CB. While Fuller is a good young CB he isn't particularly proven on the outside. 

10 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

so do you think case the ace can keep up his strong form or do they do it in spite of him?

Honestly Keenum overall was pretty mediocre last year. If he can play like that again, Denver has a  realistic chance at making the playoffs.

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Honestly Keenum overall was pretty mediocre last year. If he can play like that again, Denver has a  realistic chance at making the playoffs.

Yea 8 games with 0-1 TDs isn't exactly exciting but on the flip side there were several games where it was best for them to not let him throw

14 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Seattle has to be up there now that Chancellor is gone

Seattle was up there even before Chancellor was gone.  They lost Sheldon Richardson after paying a second round pick to get him, Michael Bennett, Jimmy Graham, Richard Sherman and Paul Richardson.  They replaced them with your average head scratching Seattle draft that hasn't really worked out for them in the last five years and a feel good reuniting of the Griffin brothers.  It's entirely possible they're going to be at the bottom of the NFC West although I may be overestimating the Cardinals ability to climb out of a divisional basement. 

On 6/24/2018 at 9:05 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

One of the teams that came to mind for me was Washington. I dont like the QB trade-off and losing Fuller sucks too. 

I dont think it was much of a tradeoff..Kirk Cousins came up short time and time again, at least Smith will wait til the playoffs to not be good enough.I think they overpayed for him, but not really sure what other teams were in on Smith, so hard to really know.

Smith is gonna put up great stats, Dak and Him are gonna have two very boring games this year for the Cpt. Checkdown title. But it can help build drives for sure.

Like most years the Skins will be in a lot of games. They are a ways off from competing with the upper echelon of the NFC.
But a fast start, some other teams have injuries they could get into a wildcard spot maybe.
If they were in the AFC I'd say you could easily argue they could ascend to 4th/5th  best...but in the NFC they are 9-14.

i think the skins moves this offseason are being underrated because they have the stink of "the redskins did it so it must be bad given they're an inept organisation" 

and while that's generally true, i think that this year they could well surprise people... but they'll still miss a playoff spot because of how deep the nfc is imho

I have nothing against the Raiders from a talent standpoint. Their roster is good. Gruden though could set that franchise back. I’m not a fan of the hire. I’m not a fan of bringing people years into retirement our of it. Brand new stadium in Las Vegas and they need to be moving forward. 

13 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Its been an embarrassment what the SEA front office has done to support Russ Wilson in his prime years.

How many times do you have to watch your franchise talent get stone cold stunnered in every game before you make a serious effort to stop it.

They have made a serious effort to stop it.  The Seahawks has drafted offensive with two of their top three picks all but one year since Wilson was drafted.  The problem isn't effort, the problem is they're just not very good at stopping it.  Whatever magic they used to be able to get mid to late round draft steals early in Pete Carroll's tenure as Seahawks head coach has completely worn off. 

On 7/1/2018 at 12:28 PM, jvmillion83 said:

Johnson and Hali weren’t really loses on the field, they were pretty terrible last year actually.  The front 7 should be much improved from last year, talent wise, on paper for now at least.  

The secondary will need the Front 7 to be dominant in order for the secondary to succeed.  Fuller and Nelson are the only 2 CB’s I trust, our coaches really like Will Redmond and Keith Reiser but they have no game experience. 

Ron Parker is a big loss, versatile safety who played off of Eric Berry, well, when healthy.  Had a down year last year, maybe he aged, or Berry just made that big of a difference.  I don’t have much confidence in our 2nd/3rd Safety spots.  Daniel Sorensen is a solid reserve, but shouldn’t be starting.  Eric Murray didn’t progress much last year, and Armani Watts is just a rookie. 

Archived