Raising the Barr even higher!

swede700

Here’s the full breakdown of the contract:

1. Signing bonus: $13 million.

2. 2019 base salary: $2.9 million, fully guaranteed.

3. 2020 base salary: $10 million, guaranteed for injury at signing and fully guaranteed on the third day of the 2020 league year.

4. 2021 base salary: $12.3 million, $7.1 million of which is guaranteed for injury at signing and fully guaranteed on the third day of the 2021 league year.

5. 2022 base salary: $12.4 million.

6. 2023 base salary: $14.9 million.

7. 2021-2023 per-game roster bonuses: $31,250 per game, up to $500,000 per year.

The deal also includes up to $3 million in escalators based on sacks from 2020 through 2023.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/14/15-9-million-fully-guaranteed-for-anthony-barr/

21 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Go ask the New England Patriots how they won their most recent Super Bowl.  Running the football and playing good defense.  That is also what the Ravens did with a pretty sub bar QB this year and they still got to the Playoffs.  That is also what Seattle did Chicago to a certain degree, Buffalo did it two years ago for a Playoff run, Dallas is trying to do it, Washington did it this past year and Indianapolis did as well leading to the playoff run.  Granted the Patriots, Colts and Seahawks all have better QBs than our crap QB so that helps as well.

Cousins isn't crap. He's good but not great.

Otherwise you nailed it.

20 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Reminds me of a friend of mine who finally settled down in Minny after growing up an Air Force brat in a dozen places. "I know so many people that have moved away," he told me once, "and said they were never coming back. They move to California, they move to Florida thinking it's going to be better. And it's better for a while, but then they meet the people and most of them come back." xD

54 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Reminds me of a friend of mine who finally settled down in Minny after growing up an Air Force brat in a dozen places. "I know so many people that have moved away," he told me once, "and said they were never coming back. They move to California, they move to Florida thinking it's going to be better. And it's better for a while, but then they meet the people and most of them come back." xD

Moving back to Florida in a couple weeks to live next to the ocean. Too many taxes in MInnesota. Going to settle in St Augustine and decide where I'll live after my lease is up.

• 5 weeks later...

When the agent for Vikings free agent linebacker Anthony Barr got on the phone to tell his client about a five-year, $75 million deal with the Jets, it was supposed to be a celebration. But Barr didn’t see it that way, with immediate hesitation that led him to back out on the deal a day later and return to the Vikings.

Agent Ryan Williams told ESPN that he could sense Barr’s lack of enthusiasm over what appeared to be a winning lottery ticket. “He said, ‘I feel like I just made the worst mistake of my life,'” Williams said.

Because the negotiations happened during the tampering window, Barr couldn’t sign anything anyway until Wednesday. So after the Jets made their offer, which seemed agreed upon, Barr’s second thoughts led his agent to ask the Vikings for a last-ditch chance to keep one of their defensive cornerstones, which came in that Monday night. Tuesday would be decision day.

“I was up for all morning, just looking at my ceiling, just looking for a sign,” Barr said. “Talking to everybody, trying to figure something out. . . . I was trying to convince myself of something I knew that in my heart didn’t feel right, and I think if you follow the heart, I can live with the results.”

It’s not that Barr’s doing poorly with the Vikings, signing a five-year deal with $67.5 million, with $33 million in guarantees. It’s $1.5 million a year less than he’d have made in New York, but that didn’t stop a family celebration that included margaritas, tacos, and tears.

“It happened the minute he said I’m going to go back to Minnesota,” his mother Lori said. “There were tears. It was pure elation — relief, appreciation, feeling valued, feeling reconnected. Just a range of emotions but mostly just sincere happiness that he was getting to go back to where he got to start it all and be with the people he loves to be with, with the organization, in a city he really enjoys and has now become his second home. It just really made waiting and not knowing worth it.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/14/anthony-barr-said-he-had-to-follow-the-heart-back-to-minnesota/

I hope Anthony takes it to another level...because of this situation, I now have a whole new respect for him as a person.  I always appreciate people who place a higher priority on where they're playing and who they're playing for, rather than the money.  For me in my life, yes I chase money to a certain extent, but you could pay me all the money in the world and if I don't like where I'm working, I'll take a little less to go somewhere else.   

Archived