Raising the Barr even higher!

swede700

I would have picked Richardson over Barr early in the season but I have soured on Richardson if it means major money to keep him.  I still like him as a pass rusher but man does he get rode out of his gap when it comes to run defense and that is a huge problem.  While Barr has played better as the season has progressed.

3 hours ago, vike daddy said:

With Barr in the final year of his career, the team will face a decision on whether to either franchise tag him, negotiate a long-term deal or let him walk in free agency. The salary cap is expected to rise once again, giving some flexibility to the cap-strapped Vikings. Still they will have to make decisions on whether to re-sign Sheldon Richardson or work on an extension for cornerback Trae Waynes.

I don't think it's smart to sign him if he's in the last year of his career.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Barr finally realized he’s playing for a contract. He was a beast on Sunday. 

I feel that he's been playing injured for a while.  However I truly think Barr's impact isn't always best measured at point of impact plays (Tfl, sacks, int. Etc), but in how he sets others up for big plays.

Still nice to see him make the slash plays the last couple weeks

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

In a December sit-down with the Star Tribune, Barr said he personally got involved in contract negotiations, only to quickly eject.

The Vikings’ offers were “not really what I had expected,” Barr said.

The Vikings could take control of the contract of the four-time Pro Bowl player Tuesday, but it seems an unlikely action given the cost, the team’s salary cap situation and the front office’s history with the franchise tag. A two-week window has opened for teams to use the one-year franchise or transition tags, which the Vikings last placed on linebacker Chad Greenway in 2011 before agreeing to a long-term deal before the start of that season. The deadline is 3 p.m. on March 5 to apply the tag.

There are no indications the two parties are close or yet reengaged on an extension, with the last public comments coming from Barr when he said, “I could be anywhere,” before the Pro Bowl.

http://www.startribune.com/no-signs-that-anthony-barr-is-close-to-signing-with-vikings/506021112/

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

I do think he's going to be sadly surprised at the marketplace for his services.  But, if someone does give him big money (which I'm not sure is going to be the case), good luck to him...I wish him well.  

From insiders that I’ve read on Twitter, it sounds as if the Vikings were offering Barr something close to what they gave Kendricks, While Barr thinks he’s worth edge rusher money. 

I can’t see someone giving Barr edge rusher money, especially since he’s never shown the ability. 

It'll be interesting to see if he would take the Vikings offer after he finds out it’s close to what others would be willing to pay. Or if he’d sign with someone else to save his pride. 

• Like 1

On 21/02/2019 at 6:51 PM, vike daddy said:

ben8646

🤔🤔🤔 you do know that the #Vikings are 4-3 D not 3-4? they are basically set at DE but they need sidelines to sideline LB & not a 6'4" 274 lbs 3-4 OLB 

Yes. There's also the fact that the Ravens run a two-gap defence, which is typically built around containment rather than pursuit.