Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
swede700

Raising the Barr even higher!

Recommended Posts

I believe this is actually the first I've heard that they attempted to trade Barr after the last draft.  I could be wrong though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Vikings linebacker Anthony Barr due to hit the open market, the Lions are considered to be the favorite to sign him, according to Connor Hughes of TheAthletic.com.

Per Hughes, the Jets and Vikings also have interest in signing Barr, who should find out when the legal tampering window opens whether the Minnesota offer compares favorably to offers from new teams.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/10/report-lions-considered-the-favorites-to-land-anthony-barr/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eh, I'd rather see him go to the Jets, but I'm confident that the Lions would use Barr wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Eh, I'd rather see him go to the Jets, but I'm confident that the Lions would use Barr wrong.

I agree.  There's nothing that Patricia has done that impresses me at all.  I'll be surprised if he is able to turn them around...and if Barr goes there (which I find highly suspect) I look forward to Dalvin juking him out of his shoes twice a year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having to face Barr would not scare me. 

Quite frankly, I think he’s vastly overrated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a schematic fit, I like Barr in the hybrid defense that Patricia brings with him... but as SemperFeist just said, I wouldn't be scared to go up against him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do find it interesting that when reading through the Twitter feeds of numerous NFL insiders, when they bring up and talk about the “high coveted free agents”, Barr’s name is not among them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Barr gets anywhere near $15M per year I would absolutely love that to be with a team from within the division.

On the other hand, if he gets less than $10M per year I would be annoyed if that wasn't with the Vikings.

If he gets around $12M per year I hope it is with a team outside the division.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

If Barr gets anywhere near $15M per year I would absolutely love that to be with a team from within the division.

On the other hand, if he gets less than $10M per year I would be annoyed if that wasn't with the Vikings.

If he gets around $12M per year I hope it is with a team outside the division.

Eric Kendricks got $10M per year, so I think that is the barr (ha.) that has been set. Personally I think Kendricks is the better player and wouldn't give Barr that much, but I'm sure his agent will be looking for more than that.

The highest paid ILB or 43OLB is Luke Kuechly at $12.4M, and there are only a couple others making in the 10M-11M range. I can't see Barr getting more than 12M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Eric Kendricks got $10M per year, so I think that is the barr (ha.) that has been set. Personally I think Kendricks is the better player and wouldn't give Barr that much, but I'm sure his agent will be looking for more than that.

There was a report about a month or so ago from one of the Vikings insiders that the Vikings have basically had a standing offer for Barr that matches Kendricks’ contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

There was a report about a month or so ago from one of the Vikings insiders that the Vikings have basically had a standing offer for Barr that matches Kendricks’ contract.

That makes a lot of sense. I wouldn't expect the team to pay more than that, but I also would expect Barr to want to see if he can get more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have maintained my gut feeling that they offered Barr the contract that they gave Kendricks.  Once he turned it down, they locked up Kendricks because they cannot afford to let both go.  Barr has been a dead man walking since Kendricks signed that offer sheet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×