Raising the Barr even higher!

swede700

11 hours ago, vike daddy said:

color me surprised Barr signs with the Jets. not because it's a non-Viking team but because it's on the opposite coast from where his mother and family lives.

we wish you the best, Anthony.

He'll be back in 3-4 years.  :D

3 minutes ago, Dolmonite26 said:

Really wonder what the price tag was last year for Barr. If it was ~12M per, than this team is going to regret going with Kendricks over Barr imo

No they won’t. Barr plays an important role to the defense, but’s it’s a role that’s replaceable. Otherwise we would have seen the Vikings sign Barr over Kendricks. We would have seen them franchise Barr. 

The team put a value on Barr, and they didn’t move on it. That says a lot. 

1 minute ago, wcblack34 said:

Does anyone on this board think Barr is a Top 10 LB? Top 15? I don’t. So I’m not sad we aren’t paying him like one. 

I think he's clearly in the latter half of the top 10 when he puts his full effort into it...but that's been the problem.  

6 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Does anyone on this board think Barr is a Top 10 LB? Top 15? I don’t. So I’m not sad we aren’t paying him like one. 

If you’re just referring to outside linebackers, then I’d put him in that top 15 range, but if you’re putting him amongst all off the ball lonebackers, then no. 

Just to post it again.

I'm stoked if this is actually the case. I wonder what the terms would be for the Vikings. I have to imagine that it's not that huge a deal. Also what else must be coming down the line for hte Vikings to have freed up the money?

Just now, The Gnat said:

Just to post it again.

I'm stoked if this is actually the case. I wonder what the terms would be for the Vikings. I have to imagine that it's not that huge a deal. Also what else must be coming down the line for hte Vikings to have freed up the money?

Hoping he's taking $3 million/year because he likes Minnesota so much.

• Like 1