Raising the Barr even higher!

swede700

While I was ready to move on from Barr, and I’m not thrilled about giving him that size of a contract. 

If the market dictates that you have to overpay a player, I’d rather overpay the 4x pro bowl linebacker than over pay the mediocre, at best, offensive lineman. 

1 minute ago, VikeManDan said:

Dumb question but would this cancel out for losing Richardson in regard to comp picks?

To my understanding no. It's outside free agents that matter for comp picks. Now, I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure that is the case.

4 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Dumb question but would this cancel out for losing Richardson in regard to comp picks?

nope, and since we re-sign barr we likely won't be able to spend enough on an outside free agent to lose the 3rd/4th round comp pick from losing richardson. 

the only way we would lose out on richardson's comp pick is if we sign as many or more qualifying free agents than the ones we lost (even if they are valued lower).

I really think this Barr kid is the missing piece to our defense. I've heard good things about him and I really think he takes the defense to the next level.

I'm excited to see what he brings on the field. I think he'll fit in well with Zimmer and hopefully he learns the defense quick.

49 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Gnat is correct.  It doesn't impact the comp situation at all, other then potentially losing the comp pick they would have garnered for losing Barr.  Signing Barr is just a re-signing, just like they re-signed Kendricks a year ago.

The only real impact is the potential impact it has on Everson.      

I really hope we take advantage and let Rick and Zim Gamble. Backload these contracts past Cousins deal, try and win now, and gamble on a rookie after Cousins contract. 

I’m fine with a rebuild after a Super Bowl run. I know it’s not what everyone wants to do, but I’m fine with it on a player like Barr.

Archived