Raising the Barr even higher!

swede700

yeah i was hoping it would be more in the ~$12.5 mil/year range but it's definitely a lot better than matching the jets "edge rusher money" offer to play off-LOS LB.

i had mentally let go of barr already and actually didn't have much of a problem with it. seeing the impact first and second round linebackers have had in recent years made me feel alright with it.

I was just going to say that the Jets are really going to have a vendetta against the Vikings...but then we can always say "Hey, Bill Belichick walked away from us too after accepting a job!  We're brothers in arms!"  :D

8 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I was just going to say that the Jets are really going to have a vendetta against the Vikings...but then we can always say "Hey, Bill Belichick walked away from us too after accepting a job!  We're brothers in arms!"  :D

I was going to say the same thing lol

I haven't commented if I like the signing and what price I like it at:

I think that Barr has become slightly  underrated by some Vikings fans. So I'm glad to not have the hole on defense coming up.
However, I get wanting to fill the holes on the offensive line. I'm not sure that the remaining options, beyond Paradis, ,I'm not sure anyone one else on the offensive line would have required the same amount of money. So I'm not sure if Paradis would end up coming at the same price or if he'd end up costing even more.

When it comes down to it, we'd either have a large need at OL or a large need at LB, depending on where we spent the money. So for that, I hope with the signings as things are going, that the Vikings really do draft a lot of OL.

I’m can’t say I’m super excited about getting Barr back but it’s definitely not bad news. He’s still a good player. I think this helps a lot in regards to what we can do at #18 now. I like other people, kind of already accepted that he was gone to the Jets. But I’m fine with him coming back. Seems like a good dude and is a good player. Maybe Minnesota will try to use him rushing the passer more. 

Archived