Most underrated player on your team

SteelKing728

Honestly it feels like Amari Cooper these days. His hands are highly inconsistent, but every other facet to his game is right up there. Most people forget about the production he had his first two years and are writing him off during a season our entire O took a major step back. 

I think Gruden is going to really elevate Cooper's game and remind people of his potential.

For the Browns it's probably Emmanuel Ogbah. He's been very good against the run and the pass before his injury. When he went down, our run game and pass rush significantly decreased. He is the reason I wanted to pass on Chubb (+ he's overrated). I was not an Ogbah fan when the Browns took him, but he's more than exceeded my expectations so far in his young career.

39 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

People go on about Watt and Clowney - reality is that Whitney Mercilius is probably the best defender in that front seven. 

Really? That seems like a stretch, but I haven't watched the Texans nearly as much as you have so I believe you. Just hard to believe that with all the insane hype that Clowney and Watt have gotten. Are you talking about the upcoming NFL season or just in general? Because it'd be very hard to argue that JJ Watt isn't the best player on defense in the entire NFL when he's able to play the game healthy.

I was going to say Ogbah but @BleedTheClock already beat me to it. He's fantastic against the run and a capable pass rusher. He's a solid, albeit perhaps not great/elite DE, and I'd take that 10/10 times from a 2nd round pick. Plus, if Myles is fully healthy, he could even up his sack numbers more as he will have more 1 on 1 opportunities.

For the Packers, I know most around here know whats up, but I have seen way too many top 5 tackle lists that exclude Bakhtiari . On the defensive side of the ball, not many outside of Green Bay talk about big man Kenny Clark. 3rd year as a pro and only 22. Dude improved his game so much last year, there is a lot of excitement for his potential. 

For the Ravens, I nominate Anthony Levine. He played his best this year where he got more action in Ravens dime packages. He is the most versatile player on the Ravens roster and has for years been one of the NFL's best special teams players. This year he could see his role get smaller as 2. year player Chuck Clark could eat into Levines snaps on defense.

Honestly, at this point it's Andy Dalton. He's in the bottom third in every Top 32 QBs list around here, which is just unfair. He has his limitations, but If you give him a clean pocket he's great. He proved that with his MVP-runnerup season in 2015. And this is coming from someone who's not a huge fan of his either.

For Chicago's defense it would be Akiem Hicks. They guy has played absolutely stellar with almost no talent to take pressure off him, fighting off double teams constantly. Even with all the chip blocks and such, I haven't seen a Bears lineman force so many RBs to bounce back into the teeth of the defense or stretch out to the sideline since I have been watching.

For Chicago's offense it is Cody Whitehair. Guy had a few bad snaps early in the season and that is parroted over WAY too much, but with all the snaps he has played he has given up one sack each of the last two years.

Archived