Most underrated player on your team

SteelKing728

18 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

For the Browns its a toss up between Boddy-Calhoun and Duke Johnson. Duke Johnson is a full time opportunity away from being Devonte Freeman.

For the Broncos it is Justin Simmons who I believe will be considered a top tier FS in the mold of Harrison Smith next season.

#boldpredictions

BBC is a good one. He's quietly been one of the better NBs in the league.

Ogbah is another one, although he still has more to prove, IMO. Many had us taking Bradley Chubb to pair with Garrett, seemingly forgetting that we already have Ogbah. He's one of the best run-stopping DEs, and has shown flashes of being a good pass rusher - albeit an inconsistent one. Garrett and Ogbah hardly got the chance to play together last season, so it'll be fun to watch how they'll do this year.

On the Patriots: Jacob Hollister is an elite special teams guy and respectable tight end.

I think Phillip Dorsett could be a lot better for the Patriots this year. Based on Dorsetts speed, pedigree being a recent first round pick, and his tendency to make catches on important down and distances last season when TB12 trusted him, I think Dorsett is underrated. I still see a lot of Pats fans writing him off as not makig the team. Anything is possible, but I believe Belichick will give Dorsett every opportunity to prove himself after trading Jacoby Brissett straight up for him.

On 6/26/2018 at 8:59 AM, Danand said:

For the Ravens, I nominate Anthony Levine. He played his best this year where he got more action in Ravens dime packages. He is the most versatile player on the Ravens roster and has for years been one of the NFL's best special teams players. This year he could see his role get smaller as 2. year player Chuck Clark could eat into Levines snaps on defense.

This is a good one.  I'd like to nominate Marlon Humphrey as another guy.  Lattimore got a ton of shine last year, and deservingly so, but Humphrey showed out as well.

DR-oSvyWkAEsJK2.jpg

ux4p7lqx3zzz.jpg

3 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

@sp6488 I'm surprised to see no mention of TreDavious White on that rookie stat. Humphrey's has been a bit overlooked I agree. Great corner.

Yeah I didn't know Humphrey was any good. I thought he looked kinda dookie his rookie season from what I had heard...I didn't really pay attention to him, but those numbers look pretty darn good to me. And he was a young rookie at that. He has the physical tools to be elite.

I think for the Ravens it's gotta be either Brandon Williams or Sam Koch.

Brandon Williams is one of, if not the best nose tackle in the NFL yet almost nobody talks about him in that regard.

Sam Koch, if not for Johnny Hekker, would be the best punter in the NFL (and probably is the best punter at pinning teams) yet I rarely see him talked about in that regard.

I'll throw in Will Fuller as well. He's nowhere near Hopkins in terms of ability, but his speed? I'd absolutely consider him top 3 in terms of downfield threats, the damage he was doing with Deshaun Watson was unreal - nearly two TDs a game, 28.7 yards per TD reception. 

If Watson and Fuller stay healthy, they're going to obliterate some secondaries.

Andrus Peat for the Saints. Bruiser in the run game and a really good backup when we need him to play LT. Watching him and Armstead wreck shop on the left side of the line is a thing to behold.

Ryan Ramczyk was really overlooked because of the other two Saints rookies this year. He started all 16 games and played well at both LT and RT, even with a hip injury that caused him to miss a lot of the OTAs and rookie minicamp

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:51 AM, MikeT14 said:

Chris Thompson or Morgan Moses probably.

Yeah, I came in here to say Chris Thompson. People know of him but I don't think they really know how talented he really is. Every time the ball was in his hands, something good happened. 

Marvin Jones for the Lions. Guy was so freakin good last year, but I don't think many people realize that. Maybe he's overshadowed by Tate, but I'd argue that Jones is better and imo, I think he'll improve more and more as his career progresses. A late bloomer, kind of.

1 hour ago, ManeLine said:

Marvin Jones for the Lions. Guy was so freakin good last year, but I don't think many people realize that. Maybe he's overshadowed by Tate, but I'd argue that Jones is better and imo, I think he'll improve more and more as his career progresses. A late bloomer, kind of.

Yeah, Jones is nice.  I'm hoping Doctson has a similar career arc. 

10 hours ago, ManeLine said:

I loved Marvin Jones in Cincinnati and our offense really went to crap after he left. We matched the offer the Lions made but he wanted the opportunity to become the #1 option in an offense and that wasn't going to happen alongside AJ Green. I'll always be a fan of his.

He's the type of the receiver who isn't as physically dominant or athletically gifted as most #1 receivers are, yet he maximizes the most of all the opportunities and targets he receives. He's really similar to Antonio Brown in that respect. The dude just gets it done with sheer will, smarts, technique and savvy. 

Harrison Smith for the Vikings. He's been an elite safety for years, had an all-time great season for a safety last year, and is routinely passed over for Pro Bowl votes. He was only voted as the 46th best player in the NFL by his peers. He might be a top 5 defender in the entire NFL and does not get the recognition that he deserves.

Archived