Most underrated player on your team

SteelKing728

By our own fans it would probably be Ricardo Allen or Robert Alford on defense and on offense im thinking Andy Levitre or Ryan Schraeder

But the fans of other teams i would say Grady Jarrett is the most underrated and not known for how good he really is at DT.

On 6/27/2018 at 10:58 PM, DoleINGout said:

@sp6488 I'm surprised to see no mention of TreDavious White on that rookie stat. Humphrey's has been a bit overlooked I agree. Great corner.

White should definitely be on that list; it has to be an oversight on their part for that table. There is no reasonable criteria that would exclude him.

But, it definitely seems like Humphrey was weirdly overlooked in terms of being a first round corner from that class who already is already playing at a top-tier level.

Chris Jones. Our defense had it's struggles last year, but he was pretty spectacular. Really disruptive for a 3-4 DE. 6.5 sacks, 4 forced fumbles, 7 deflections, and an INT. Our second best defender last year behind Houston.

On 6/29/2018 at 11:38 PM, FalconFan13 said:

By our own fans it would probably be Ricardo Allen or Robert Alford on defense and on offense im thinking Andy Levitre or Ryan Schraeder

But the fans of other teams i would say Grady Jarrett is the most underrated and not known for how good he really is at DT.

I feel like most people appreciate how good Jarrett is. Maybe I'm wrong, but I wouldn't hesitate to call him a superstar DT.

I'm seeing a lot of names on here of guys that aren't really underrated (at least by me). Maybe I'm crazy, but do people really not think Chris Jones, Grady Jarrett, and TreDavious White are superstuds? I kinda thought those guys were no-brainers.

At this point, I’m tempted to say Stephon Gilmore. Plenty of people questioned the signing (myself included) and were given their confirmation early in the season when he was committing penalties, miscommunications, and then an injury. But in the second half of the season he really came on and looked like a real piece to the secondary, outplaying incumbent Malcolm Butler in the process. Still needs to earn that contract, but if he stays on track from where he finished then itll be fine with me. 

Other than that, I’d suspect David Andrews/Shaq Mason, two interior linemen coming off very, very good seasons. 

Patrick Chung probably gets underrated around these parts even after his downish 2017. He’s been one of the most important players on defense since he returned from his Philly stint (to that point in his career, he was mediocre).

20 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I feel like most people appreciate how good Jarrett is. Maybe I'm wrong, but I wouldn't hesitate to call him a superstar DT.

My friend he don't even usually get mentioned in the top 10 to 15 DT's at times on most sites sadly.  Thats why i said he is underrated by those who don't do as much research as we do.  Even on this site i think only 1 person listed him in their top 10 and he got questioned about it :D

22 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I'm seeing a lot of names on here of guys that aren't really underrated (at least by me). Maybe I'm crazy, but do people really not think Chris Jones, Grady Jarrett, and TreDavious White are superstuds? I kinda thought those guys were no-brainers.

I got criticized in the Comparisons forum for listing Chris Jones as an above average player. Otherwise I wouldn't have thought anyone didn't know how good he was.

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

I got criticized in the Comparisons forum for listing Chris Jones as an above average player. Otherwise I wouldn't have thought anyone didn't know how good he was.

Hahaha, I know you're talking about me.

I guess I hold that opinion because I know of the older Chiefs players who are/were very good on the defense, and I got the vibe that Jones was sort of riding their coattail. I'll take your word that he's better than that!

On 6/27/2018 at 9:41 PM, DoleINGout said:

On the Patriots: Jacob Hollister is an elite special teams guy and respectable tight end.

I think Phillip Dorsett could be a lot better for the Patriots this year. Based on Dorsetts speed, pedigree being a recent first round pick, and his tendency to make catches on important down and distances last season when TB12 trusted him, I think Dorsett is underrated. I still see a lot of Pats fans writing him off as not makig the team. Anything is possible, but I believe Belichick will give Dorsett every opportunity to prove himself after trading Jacoby Brissett straight up for him.

I'll add JC Jackson to the list. Most don't know this guy because he is an undrafted rookie but he is starting for the Pats. Underrated because of a freshman season court case that was dismissed. His reputation was damaged but as far as talent goes he is probably a first round pick. Not that people should know who he is yet but regardless of that he is criminally underrated, (no pun intended).

On 6/26/2018 at 8:13 AM, SmittyBacall said:

Honestly, at this point it's Andy Dalton. He's in the bottom third in every Top 32 QBs list around here, which is just unfair. He has his limitations, but If you give him a clean pocket he's great. He proved that with his MVP-runnerup season in 2015. And this is coming from someone who's not a huge fan of his either.

He's rated poorly around here because he's just not very good. 1 out of 7 seasons he cracked the 100 mark in passer rating.

In the playoffs he's put together passer ratings of 51, 44, 67, 63 while throwing for 1 TD and 6 INTs in 4 losses. That's pathetic

When AJ McCarron was forced into playoff action in 2015, he delivered a 68 rating - something Dalton has yet to achieve

Sorry, no sale on Dalton being under-rated or treated unfairly.

On 6/28/2018 at 11:29 AM, Darth Pees said:

I think for the Ravens it's gotta be either Brandon Williams or Sam Koch.

Brandon Williams is one of, if not the best nose tackle in the NFL yet almost nobody talks about him in that regard.

Sam Koch, if not for Johnny Hekker, would be the best punter in the NFL (and probably is the best punter at pinning teams) yet I rarely see him talked about in that regard.

I considered mentioning Brandon Williams, but ultimately decided not to use him as an example or selection because of his contract (meaning I assume he's recognized as a top guy generally) and his mention in the Top-10 DT/NT thread over in Comparisons.

Archived