The Predator

RamRod

I saw an advanced screening of this last night and my goodness is this a bad movie! I mean, it's "fun" in parts, but as a coherent, well put together film it is a complete and utter failure. I didn't think a Shane Black movie would be this bad, but it's probably the worst film he has ever done, imo. Outside of the terrible discombobulated plot, Olivia Munn's character is easily one of the most non-nonsensical, ridiculous, annoying protagonists I have ever seen. And I have no idea how to feel about the ending.

it's like they want to turn Predator into Starcraft or something lol.

1 hour ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I saw an advanced screening of this last night and my goodness is this a bad movie! I mean, it's "fun" in parts, but as a coherent, well put together film it is a complete and utter failure. I didn't think a Shane Black movie would be this bad, but it's probably the worst film he has ever done, imo. Outside of the terrible discombobulated plot, Olivia Munn's character is easily one of the most non-nonsensical, ridiculous, annoying protagonists I have ever seen. And I have no idea how to feel about the ending.

Hide contents

So you're telling us there will be another one?

On 9/11/2018 at 1:42 PM, RavensTillIDie said:

I saw an advanced screening of this last night and my goodness is this a bad movie!

Ive seen everyone has been disappointed (at the least) at this point. But I heard the first 10+ min are awesome (and then it nose dives) is that true?

27 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Ive seen everyone has been disappointed (at the least) at this point. But I heard the first 10+ min are awesome (and then it nose dives) is that true?

I don't know about awesome, but I guess you could say it presented a premise that seemed really promising, but it quickly went down hill from there.

On 9/11/2018 at 2:42 PM, RavensTillIDie said:

Reveal hidden contents

I saw it last night and you pretty much echoed my sentiments. It has its moments, but those are very short-lived and shrouded in quirky dialog and bad attempts at humor (though there were a few jokes that got a chuckle out of my theater).

2 hours ago, KManX89 said:

I saw it last night and you pretty much echoed my sentiments. It has its moments, but those are very short-lived and shrouded in quirky dialog and bad attempts at humor (though there were a few jokes that got a chuckle out of my theater).

I just heard the joke KMK delivers about a mom, a homeless man, and a circumcision. This movie is going to freaking suck. 

On 7/13/2018 at 6:03 PM, Ozzy said:

What an awful cast, you go from this cast in the original....

Image result for predator cast

To this....

Image result for predator cast

One is totally badass to like the millionth degree, the other is terrible.  Keegan-Michael Key would have been better off spending his time making a movie about Coach Hines than doing this.  Oh but Olivia Munn is in it so some dudes will watch just based on that, she is a bad actress though but like anyone cares...

Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to find a cast in all of Hollywood these days to match that of the original. 

Archived