Where Does Atlanta Finish in NFC South?

footbull3196

Where does Atlanta finish in the NFC South?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Where does Atlanta finish in the NFC South?

I'm a little concerned about them.  Their offense clearly dropped off in 2017 without Shanahan and Ryan went from 38 TDs and 7 INTs to 20 TDs and 12 INTs.  They still piled up a good amount of yards but their offense seemed to be visibly laboring with every drive

And they had a good amount of luck in their favor.  Some examples of that:

- the ending to the lions game (though I'll admit I thought that was still an awesome stand by their defense when it was all said and done)

- the Jets missing 2 field goals in their 5 point loss to the Falcons

-getting to face the Cowboys backup left tackle instead of Tyron Smith and racking up 6 sacks with 1 player alone as a result

-Blair Walsh missing a field goal to tie (though it can be argued that's a moot point because the game is already tied if the Seahawks don't stupidly decide to run a fake field goal at the end of the half instead of take the 3 points)

- The questionable unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on Sean Payton that iced that game (although I will definitely give them credit for that endzone interception)

- the Bucs missing a field goal at the end of the game that would have sent it to overtime

I think they actually have a bit more going for them defensively this year than on offense.  I don't think they'll fare well in their division.  I have them finishing last in the NFC South at 6-10

8 minutes ago, VanS said:

I have the Bucs winning the division next year.  Panthers being the second playoff team from the division.

Falcons and Saints will be fighting over 3rd and 4th place.

Image result for statler and waldorf laughing gif

Really not sure. It will be a full season battle between Atlanta, New Orleans and Carolina for the division. They're all that good and can certainly all beat each other. Tampa Bay will be closer but not quite with these three yet.

The NFC South has been a really exciting division to watch the last couple of seasons. Will be the same this time around. 

6 hours ago, Elky said:

Image result for statler and waldorf laughing gif

Are you new to the NFL?  Cause I don't know what would be funny about what I posted.  We see teams go from worst to first every year.  In particular, the NFC South has been notorious for this.  I love what Tampa Bay did in the draft.  I had them rated along with the Chargers as having the best draft.  I could see the Bucs draft class having a similar impact to what the Saints 2017 draft class had on New Orleans.  Remember at this time last year, it would have been laughable to suggest the Saints were gonna win the division.  But yet they did it.  

I think the Bucs are setting up to be this year's Jaguars.  They got a lot of hype last year in the off-season but fizzled out in the regular season.  Same thing happened to the Jags in 2016.  Then in 2017 they had little to no hype in the off-season but yet had their best season in a decade.  I think the same thing will happen to Tampa Bay.  They'll survive not having Winston for those first 3 games.  I could see them going 2-1.  Once Winston is back, I think he has his best season as a pro.  

I really like Tampa Bay this year.  I think they're set for a big season.

1 minute ago, VanS said:

Are you new to the NFL?  Cause I don't know what would be funny about what I posted.  We see teams go from worst to first every year.  In particular, the NFC South has been notorious for this.  I love what Tampa Bay did in the draft.  I had them rated along with the Chargers as having the best draft.  I could see the Bucs draft class having a similar impact to what the Saints 2017 draft class had on New Orleans.  Remember at this time last year, it would have been laughable to suggest the Saints were gonna win the division.  But yet they did it.  

I think the Bucs are setting up to be this year's Jaguars.  They got a lot of hype last year in the off-season but fizzled out in the regular season.  Same thing happened to the Jags in 2016.  Then in 2017 they had little to no hype in the off-season but yet had their best season in a decade.  I think the same thing will happen to Tampa Bay.  They'll survive not having Winston for those first 3 games.  I could see them going 2-1.  Once Winston is back, I think he has his best season as a pro.  

Starting 0-3 won’t help.

Probably 2nd, maybe 1st. I'd still put New Orleans ahead of them but I think Atlanta is better than Carolina this year. Carolina tends to perform poorly in even numbered years lately and I suspect they'll be on the outside looking in this year. Tampa will be firmly entrenched in the basement. 

3 hours ago, VanS said:

Except not really...The Saints had a great offense and a HOF QB and everyone knew they were literally an AVERAGE defense away from being a contender.

Bucs are not even close to a few players away from contending. QB sucks, running game sucked, defense sucked.

25 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Except not really...The Saints had a great offense and a HOF QB and everyone knew they were literally an AVERAGE defense away from being a contender.

Bucs are not even close to a few players away from contending. QB sucks, running game sucked, defense sucked.

The Saints had 3 straight 7-9 seasons.  There weren't many people thinking they would win the division last year.  In fact, I was one of the few people who was high on them and it was mainly because I loved their draft class.  Remember Alvin Kamara was my guy.  I expected the sort of impact he made.

Tampa Bay has a lot of talent.  They simply underachieved last year.  At this time last off-season they were the trendy team people were picking to win that division if it wasn't the Falcons.  I'm just betting on them living up to their off-season hype from last year THIS YEAR.  We'll see who is ultimately right.

Archived