Where Does Atlanta Finish in NFC South?

footbull3196

Where does Atlanta finish in the NFC South?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Where does Atlanta finish in the NFC South?

25 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Except not really...The Saints had a great offense and a HOF QB and everyone knew they were literally an AVERAGE defense away from being a contender.

Bucs are not even close to a few players away from contending. QB sucks, running game sucked, defense sucked.

The Saints had 3 straight 7-9 seasons.  There weren't many people thinking they would win the division last year.  In fact, I was one of the few people who was high on them and it was mainly because I loved their draft class.  Remember Alvin Kamara was my guy.  I expected the sort of impact he made.

Tampa Bay has a lot of talent.  They simply underachieved last year.  At this time last off-season they were the trendy team people were picking to win that division if it wasn't the Falcons.  I'm just betting on them living up to their off-season hype from last year THIS YEAR.  We'll see who is ultimately right.

I need to see what version of Matt Ryan we're working with, but probably 2nd unless the D takes another noticeable step forward. The Saints OL is trending toward Dallas/Philly level, so it's gonna be tough to top NO.

5 hours ago, VanS said:

I think the Bucs are setting up to be this year's Jaguars.  They got a lot of hype last year in the off-season but fizzled out in the regular season.  Same thing happened to the Jags in 2016.  Then in 2017 they had little to no hype in the off-season but yet had their best season in a decade.  I think the same thing will happen to Tampa Bay.  They'll survive not having Winston for those first 3 games.  I could see them going 2-1.  Once Winston is back, I think he has his best season as a pro.  

I really like Tampa Bay this year.  I think they're set for a big season.

Except TB is nothing like Jacksonville. Jacksonville made their jump because:

a.) 25% of their schedule was against Tom Savage/dead last offensive line and Jacoby Brissett/25th ranked offensive line (OL rankings per PFF).

b.) The difference between Gus Bradley and Doug Marrone is night and day.

Neither of these benefits apply to TB. Dirk Koetter is still the coach and he's not very good. Not only do the other NFC South teams have top 10 QBs, all 3 teams finished in the top 10 of PFF's offensive line rankings.

What makes you think they'll go 2-1 with Ryan Fitzpatrick against @NO (where TB has only won once when the Saints slumped from 2012-2016), Philly and Pittsburgh? Pittsburgh I can see an upset, but I don't see how they win against the other 2.

I love what Tampa Bay did in the draft.  I had them rated along with the Chargers as having the best draft.

No one cares how you rated their draft. Their draft could end up being a total disaster for all we know. If their draft picks hit immediately like NOLA, good for them. For now, however, draft picks are too much of an unknown commodity to use as a reason why a team will improve.

I think they win the division. They disappointed last season in a big way IMO, and are going to come out of the gate strong this season methinks. Not sure how anyone plans to stop their offensive weapons...they've got a ridiculous amount of talent on that side of the ball. And then they have a defense that is built to play with a lead.

Also, Jameis Winston, Cam Newton, and Drew Brees might get injured.

8 hours ago, Elky said:

Except TB is nothing like Jacksonville. Jacksonville made their jump because:

a.) 25% of their schedule was against Tom Savage/dead last offensive line and Jacoby Brissett/25th ranked offensive line (OL rankings per PFF).

b.) The difference between Gus Bradley and Doug Marrone is night and day.

Neither of these benefits apply to TB. Dirk Koetter is still the coach and he's not very good. Not only do the other NFC South teams have top 10 QBs, all 3 teams finished in the top 10 of PFF's offensive line rankings.

What makes you think they'll go 2-1 with Ryan Fitzpatrick against @NO (where TB has only won once when the Saints slumped from 2012-2016), Philly and Pittsburgh? Pittsburgh I can see an upset, but I don't see how they win against the other 2.

No one cares how you rated their draft. Their draft could end up being a total disaster for all we know. If their draft picks hit immediately like NOLA, good for them. For now, however, draft picks are too much of an unknown commodity to use as a reason why a team will improve.

Last year they went 2-1 with Ryan Fitzpatrick as the starter for 3 games while Jameis Winston was out with a shoulder injury.  He's by no means a good QB but Fitzpatrick is serviceable as a spot starter.  With regard to the opponents they play, they do get 2 of those games at home and they did beat New Orleans in the season finale last year.  

The big mistake a lot of people make is they think what happened last year has bearing on what will happen this year.  For example, at this time last year, two trendy teams most people had meeting in the Super Bowl was the Dallas Cowboys and Oakland Raiders.  Both teams had great seasons in 2016.  Cowboys were carried by a couple of rookies to the best record in the NFL so every thought they would only get better in year 2.  And Oakland was rolling until Derek Carr got injured so a lot of people were thinking that with him coming back they were one of the favorites to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.  As we know both teams didn't even make the playoffs let alone challenge for a Super Bowl.

There's no guarantee any of the teams you mentioned will be as good this year as they were this previous year.  The NFL is ever evolving. 

They were 2-2 with Ftizpatrick last year. What teams did he beat? The lowly Jets and Dolphins. That's a care cry from the Super Bowl champs. One of the most talented teams in the league who won their division last year with a HoF QB, and the team to win the most Super Bowls in NFL History who also won their division last year.

8 hours ago, Danger said:

They were 2-2 with Ftizpatrick last year. What teams did he beat? The lowly Jets and Dolphins. That's a care cry from the Super Bowl champs. One of the most talented teams in the league who won their division last year with a HoF QB, and the team to win the most Super Bowls in NFL History who also won their division last year.

Who were the two losses against?

The Saints won the division, despite being beaten by Tampa in week 17. NO had more to play for than the Bucs in that game, so we showed we can beat them when it matters.

I doubt we go to New Orleans and win, but Koetter has an excellent record in game 1, regardless of the opposition. 

19 hours ago, Buc Ball said:

Who were the two losses against?

The Saints won the division, despite being beaten by Tampa in week 17. NO had more to play for than the Bucs in that game, so we showed we can beat them when it matters.

I doubt we go to New Orleans and win, but Koetter has an excellent record in game 1, regardless of the opposition. 

Sorry man, but the Bucs are bad until they prove otherwise. They were horrible last year and they are missing their starting QB for 3 games.

Archived