Where Does Atlanta Finish in NFC South?

footbull3196

Where does Atlanta finish in the NFC South?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Where does Atlanta finish in the NFC South?

On 7/14/2018 at 9:53 PM, jvmillion83 said:

Let's not forget the first three weeks where these circumstances could've swung the other way to prevent a 3-0 start

-Week 1- Jordan Howard dropping a catch at the 1

Week 2- Packers had both starting tackles inactive

Week 3- Golden Tate TD overturned

Week 1, that was luck

Week 2, Falcons dominated them from start to finish.

Week 3, wanna bring up the 2 tipped INTs that the Lions defense had that bounced off receivers hands? Falcons won in spite of an unlucky day.

20 hours ago, Raves said:

I'm sorry, I think Matt Ryan is better than the average NFL QB, but he's not even close to the same tier as the best QBs of this generation.  Unless we are thinking of a different group of QBs which might be the case.  Like at what year of QBs entering the league are you choosing the cutoff?

There's the 2000-2006 group which has Brees, Brady, Palmer, Eli, Roethlisberger, Rivers, etc, then Ryan's generation (because he's 7 years younger than that group) is the 2007-2011 drafts with Stafford, Flacco, Bradford, Cam. It's not as good as the 2000-2006 group, but he's still one of the best QBs of his generation.

5 minutes ago, scar988 said:

There's the 2000-2006 group which has Brees, Brady, Palmer, Eli, Roethlisberger, Rivers, etc, then Ryan's generation (because he's 7 years younger than that group) is the 2007-2011 drafts with Stafford, Flacco, Bradford, Cam. It's not as good as the 2000-2006 group, but he's still one of the best QBs of his generation.

I guess that's where I was getting a little confused as pretty much everyone in the earlier list, outside of Eli/Palmer, I'd put above Ryan, and I'd probably take playoff Eli over regular season Ryan.  I forget, where is Rodgers, Russell, etc in those timelines?  I can't remember and don't feel like looking it up.

Saints and Panthers I both see doing well this year

But Falcons I expect to be right there with them, right now I'd say #3 seed

3 questions/worries I have for them

1) Does Julio stick to his guns and hold out? They go Eagles, Panthers and Saints to open the season. Without Julio opening the running game they could start off 0-3 pretty easily even if he was there. But him not being there for those big games and getting the blame could cause a rift into the season. ANd if he comes back and they don't pay him there's a rift there too. 

2) Steve Sarkisian progression as a playcaller, he has a lot at his disposal. Great running attack, one of the best WR corps in the league, and a pretty solid to good QB in Matty Ice. 
If he can't improve and continues to hold back this team they are going to struggle against good teams. And the room for drama arises as he becomes an obvious problem for the team.

3) Dan Quinn, not as much meat to this but we have seen RA RA coaches acts wear thin on teams after a couple of years. Quinn always runs the risk of that stuff falling on deaf ears as players get jaded. If Sark's offense brings the team down and things aren't going well..it could combust with guys not buying in on Quinn anymore.

On 7/17/2018 at 3:07 PM, Kiltman said:

Saints and Panthers I both see doing well this year

But Falcons I expect to be right there with them, right now I'd say #3 seed

3 questions/worries I have for them

1) Does Julio stick to his guns and hold out? They go Eagles, Panthers and Saints to open the season. Without Julio opening the running game they could start off 0-3 pretty easily even if he was there. But him not being there for those big games and getting the blame could cause a rift into the season. ANd if he comes back and they don't pay him there's a rift there too. 

2) Steve Sarkisian progression as a playcaller, he has a lot at his disposal. Great running attack, one of the best WR corps in the league, and a pretty solid to good QB in Matty Ice. 
If he can't improve and continues to hold back this team they are going to struggle against good teams. And the room for drama arises as he becomes an obvious problem for the team.

3) Dan Quinn, not as much meat to this but we have seen RA RA coaches acts wear thin on teams after a couple of years. Quinn always runs the risk of that stuff falling on deaf ears as players get jaded. If Sark's offense brings the team down and things aren't going well..it could combust with guys not buying in on Quinn anymore.

1) Julio will be there for Training camp. This is a non-story.

2) Ryan is a good-to-great QB. Not a "Solid to good" QB. Sarkisian should be better with Greg Knapp helping him gameplan and after a year in the offense after having never coached a WCO before.

3) the players adore Quinn. If the Rah rah runs off. It won't be this year. Especially not with the defense continuing to take strides over the past three seasons.

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

1) Julio will be there for Training camp. This is a non-story.

2) Ryan is a good-to-great QB. Not a "Solid to good" QB. Sarkisian should be better with Greg Knapp helping him gameplan and after a year in the offense after having never coached a WCO before.

3) the players adore Quinn. If the Rah rah runs off. It won't be this year. Especially not with the defense continuing to take strides over the past three seasons.

1) Hadn't seen any news, what changed

2) I agree, bit of a misphrasing. Will be interesting to see how they do, certainly have the tools

3) Your D has been getting more and more solid yea, I think it's a risk any coach like that faces in a circumstance where the fruits of labor aren't tangible...like you gotta win early and then you get away with it. 

I like the Falcons team, and they will be successful
In my head it's just, of the 3 teams/QBs...who do I most want to face in a must win game. And now I'd pick the Falcons instead of the Saints and Panthers
But they still are gonna be a top 10 NFC team unless something goes really wrong.

Archived