Bell contract 2018

3rivers

15 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

I'd say they've added more than "two OGs" to the OL but admittedly we're talking more about potential and we all know how that can go. Also, the OL Coach they hired has had his struggles so that plays a big part too. As far as the Defense, I don't think the Steeler Defense will be definitively better.  If we don't score 30 I think there is a good chance we lose. Given the 2 question marks I noted, adding Bell would make them a tough team to beat IMO. 

A question I put to fans in the area are which Colts would you want on your team.   The Colt would replace and existing player.  Hooker is the only player on that entire defense that you might take over any Steelers.  The Colts drafted 4 LBs this year.  My guess is at least 2 of those start.  They have no CBs.  They traded their best DL (Henry Anderson).

1 minute ago, jebrick said:

A question I put to fans in the area are which Colts would you want on your team.   The Colt would replace and existing player.  Hooker is the only player on that entire defense that you might take over any Steelers.  The Colts drafted 4 LBs this year.  My guess is at least 2 of those start.  They have no CBs.  They traded their best DL (Henry Anderson).

And that's fine. Yeah, I'd rather have the Steelers Defense but the Steeler Defense sucks too.  A healthy Luck, a decent OL AND Bell would make the Steelers and Colts a comparable team IMO. A Playoff team that puts up yards/points but is let down by their Defense. That is my only "point". 

18 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Sorry, but this is exactly why Andrew Luck is overrated. You say he literally carried them but completely ignore the fact that they held the Bengals and the Peyton Manning LED Broncos to a combined 23 points.

Andrew Luck is a good quarterback. Overrated doesn't mean bad... But since coming into the league, fans have inflated his actual accomplishments... Kind of like you just did.

I didn’t inflate his accomplishments. 

Anyone who knows anything knows that the Colts w/o Luck are a 4-12 team, which is pretty much what they were in the year between Manning and Luck. The difference being is last year they traded for Brissett who was a heck of a lot better than the QBs they went with in 2011.

In 2014 Luck threw for 4,761 yards & 40 tds

In 2016 he threw for 4200 yards with 31 tds in 15 games

Again, w/o him last year they were one of the 5 worst teams in the NFL; he’s not overrated. Just his presence alone takes the Colts from one of the 5 worst teams in the NFL to a playoff team.

14 hours ago, Chieferific said:

And that's fine. Yeah, I'd rather have the Steelers Defense but the Steeler Defense sucks too.  A healthy Luck, a decent OL AND Bell would make the Steelers and Colts a comparable team IMO. A Playoff team that puts up yards/points but is let down by their Defense. That is my only "point". 

agree, but do the colts have a decent OL?  My memory says they were not good but are they decent? I still maintain that the OL makes the RB more successful   than the RB can on his own.  

9 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

agree, but do the colts have a decent OL?  My memory says they were not good but are they decent? I still maintain that the OL makes the RB more successful   than the RB can on his own.  

They've tried to improve. Let's see if it works out. And yes, the OL makes the RB. But a good RB makes the OL. They go hand in hand. The better the RB, the more he can do with a bad OL. The better the OL, the more they can do with a bad RB. Having a good OL and a good RB? That really makes a team hard to beat. We have/won't have that. 

5 hours ago, 3rivers said:

Colts have a horrible Oline.  The line allowed 58 sacks last year. For conparison, the Bengals allowed 41 sacks last year.   The Colts have improved by 1 very good OG.  If they move to average it will help them.

2 hours ago, jebrick said:

Colts have a horrible Oline.  The line allowed 58 sacks last year. For conparison, the Bengals allowed 41 sacks last year.   The Colts have improved by 1 very good OG.  If they move to average it will help them.

That was so last year...

The Colts starting center and 2016 1st round pick, Ryan Kelley, was hurt last year and missed 9 games. That’s a main reason why their OL was so bad last year. This year they drafted the best OL in the draft this year in Nelson and took Braden Smith in round 2 who could also be a starter next to Jack Mewhort are RT.

Players is take from the Colts to put on the Steelers are:

1. Ty Hilton over Juju Smith (Smith goes to the slot)

2. Quenton Nelson over Ramon Foster

3. Eric Ebron over Jesse James

4. Malik Hooker at starting FS

20 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I didn’t inflate his accomplishments. 

Anyone who knows anything knows that the Colts w/o Luck are a 4-12 team, which is pretty much what they were in the year between Manning and Luck. The difference being is last year they traded for Brissett who was a heck of a lot better than the QBs they went with in 2011.

In 2014 Luck threw for 4,761 yards & 40 tds

In 2016 he threw for 4200 yards with 31 tds in 15 games

Again, w/o him last year they were one of the 5 worst teams in the NFL; he’s not overrated. Just his presence alone takes the Colts from one of the 5 worst teams in the NFL to a playoff team.

Yes, you did inflate his accomplishments... And I showed exactly how you did that.

I already said Andrew Luck is a good QB... and yes, without him the Colts are atrocious... but that's the vast majority of teams without a good QB. Your insistence to put him on a pedestal is exactly why he is overrated... And why he's been overrated since he came into the league, even if he is a good QB.

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Yes, you did inflate his accomplishments... And I showed exactly how you did that.

I already said Andrew Luck is a good QB... and yes, without him the Colts are atrocious... but that's the vast majority of teams without a good QB. Your insistence to put him on a pedestal is exactly why he is overrated... And why he's been overrated since he came into the league, even if he is a good QB.

I didn’t put him on a pedestal. You just think I did. That’s not my problem. 

He did carry the team. Again w/o them, they don’t make the playoffs - see last season. 

I didn’t say something crazy like he’s the best qb in the league or better than Ben or anything. That would be wrong and putting him on a pedestal that he doesn’t deserve. 

The fact is the Colts are night and day as a team when he’s on the field. That’s obvious just looking at the records. That’s facts.

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That was so last year...

The Colts starting center and 2016 1st round pick, Ryan Kelley, was hurt last year and missed 9 games. That’s a main reason why their OL was so bad last year. This year they drafted the best OL in the draft this year in Nelson and took Braden Smith in round 2 who could also be a starter next to Jack Mewhort are RT.

Nelson alone could make this formidable, but lets see how they work as a unit as that is the most important for OL.  Maybe bell goes to the colts next year after they draft another top OL prospect and has a great career. Wait and see, but until the colts OL is consistency and plays well, they are still what I would say not quite the OL that Bell has here with munchak and co. For me OL is first, the RB . The RB can't make the OL, but the OL can help make the RB's career . 

19 hours ago, jebrick said:

I think the Colts will win 6 games this year.  Look at their schedule and run down the numbers.  Tell me where they are getting the other 2-3 wins?

In the NFL nothing is guaranteed, sometimes teams steal a game here or there they shouldn’t win. It’s likely they don’t get to .500, but if Luck plays like he did a few years ago they have a chance to win at least 8.

2 hours ago, 3rivers said:

Nelson alone could make this formidable, but lets see how they work as a unit as that is the most important for OL.  Maybe bell goes to the colts next year after they draft another top OL prospect and has a great career. Wait and see, but until the colts OL is consistency and plays well, they are still what I would say not quite the OL that Bell has here with munchak and co. For me OL is first, the RB . The RB can't make the OL, but the OL can help make the RB's career . 

How many top OL prospects do you need on an nfl OL?

Currently they have 3 first round OL (LT, LG & C) and two 2nd round OL (RG & RT) on their roster.

Pure talent wise, their starting 5 has more talent on it - at least coming out of the draft - than just about every team in the league.

The Browns have had a lot of 1st and 2nd round picks.  The key is the right picks.  Constanzo is playing LT and he should be at RT but they have no one to replace him.  I would have thought the Colts would have gone after Hubbard because of the total suck-a-tude they have there.  Their RG is another guy that would be a backup on most other teams.

How many times have you guys watched the Colts play?  I have to watch them a lot.

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

#1 WR Hilton for #1 WR Brown.  you making that move?  Or are you saying that Hilton is the 3rd best WR on his team?

Nelson for Foster.   That would work

What has has Ebron done in 4 years in the league?  You are just looking at names.  Jack Doyle is the better TE on the Colts.  If you rank Doyle as the #1 TE and James as the #1 TE.

I would take Doyle over McDonald.  Not sure about James.

And Hooker for Davis.  The one everyone would take.

Archived