Bell contract 2018

3rivers

10 hours ago, JLambert58 said:

Would love to see Bell get his salary reduced.   Justice served.  

the problem with this is what if he decides to not play as well or possible fumble a game away? This schedule is difficult, and we might not be able to absorb a loss or two . I would like them to trade him if he really doesn't want to be here, but I doubt anyone will go for it. If we tag him in either scenario, what would we get in return? Is it just whatever the teams agree on?  

Where would you like them to trade him and for who/what picks?

You can sign a tagged player he would just have to sign the tag. He would then be able to be traded I believe. First of all I believe this is going to end up being another orchestrated business decision by the Pittsburgh Steelers. They already knew this entire situation that is playing out was going to play out because Bell warned them. They had an opportunity to trade Bell and I am certain so they would have been able to get a good deal from someone. I dont believe he is going to make it through the season healthy. And when he doesnt and he walks, theyll get a 3rd round comp the following year.  A really late 3rd round pick for the leagues best RB....good job FO.

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

You can sign a tagged player he would just have to sign the tag. He would then be able to be traded I believe. First of all I believe this is going to end up being another orchestrated business decision by the Pittsburgh Steelers. They already knew this entire situation that is playing out was going to play out because Bell warned them. They had an opportunity to trade Bell and I am certain so they would have been able to get a good deal from someone. I dont believe he is going to make it through the season healthy. And when he doesnt and he walks, theyll get a 3rd round comp the following year.  A really late 3rd round pick for the leagues best RB....good job FO.

this along with how they think dupree is going to break out, are examples that I question the FO. I like some of the moves they have made, but these higher profile decisions aren't as good and I hope the FO eventually runs out of patience. The problem is , If bell isn't here, and say connor gets hurt, then we have a problem at RB. What RB's got cut that you would like to bring in?  Samuels looked decent, but that was vs reserves in preseason.  League compensation for a franchise player would be nicer if it was a late RD2 pick, especially if the player turned down 2 contracts that at the time were the highest for a RB. Just my thought for the bargaining table for the next CBA;)

1 hour ago, August4th said:

I think Bell reports on Wednesday .. also think he will be inactive week 1

About what I'm thinking.  Show up Tuesday at the end of the day, get the physical and all of that done, participate in walkthroughs (basically), and don't really practice.

Archived