Bell contract 2018

3rivers

55 minutes ago, muncher said:

i hope he doesnt show up at all this year

good one B| the only problem with this is if Connor gets injured, we lack depth unless samuels does well with the first teams other first teams. But I agree, it's time to move on, but next year they will probably sign him anyways. 

1 minute ago, 3rivers said:

good one B| the only problem with this is if Connor gets injured, we lack depth unless samuels does well with the first teams other first teams. But I agree, it's time to move on, but next year they will probably sign him anyways. 

He will show up because he doesn't want to risk getting shown up by James Conner.

2 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

eh, every team in the nfl has the same problem if their starter gets hurt.

if the organization and coaches are doing their jobs, there should be adequate depth regardless.

Just now, wwhickok said:

He will show up because he doesn't want to risk getting shown up by James Conner.

100%, but when he gets hurt, we will see then.  I really wanted bell to miss a few weeks so Connor could get his chance and prove we don't need bell. 

Just now, muncher said:

if the organization and coaches are doing their jobs, there should be adequate depth regardless.

they were counting on bell this season hence the lack of RB depth. Thats the only problem, but if Connor stayed healthy and got a fair chance, we would be good to go.

6 minutes ago, muncher said:

Correction: every team has the same problem if the starter is holding it and the backup gets hurt. 

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Let me ask you guys something. This is based on a highly unrealistic pipe dream. 

How much would Earl Thomas cost on a new contract? 

What would it cost to get him via trade?

I’m guessing 4-5 years at an AAV of roughly $12 mill.

Id guess a conditional 3rd which can be a 2nd based off of how far Steelers go into postseason in the 2018 season.

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Now i ask the obvious because all of that seems reasonable, any chance in hell?

Sounds cliche but your guess as good as mine.

No reason to clear more cap room unless something coming down pipe...they already had $5 mill in cap room for in season crap and emergency signings.

A guess is maybe a Big Ben extension but that usually reduces that years cap hit.

Just now, AlanFanecaFan said:

Sounds cliche but your guess as good as mine.

No reason to clear more cap room unless something coming down pipe...they already had $5 mill in cap room for in season crap and emergency signings.

Ik S isnt necessarily a need but with Burnett injured it could be one. Now I think LB would be a more pressing need but that doesnt mean thats what the FO thinks.

Also...what about WR or TE? (Dez or...idk who is available at TE)

Archived