Bell contract 2018

3rivers

10 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

At this point , what do you think another team would offer in a trade for draft picks ion somehow the teams and bell came to an agreement?  

Not enough to be worth it.  Tobert would want at lest a 3rd since that's what there's a good chance the compensatory system would give us anyways.

42 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Not enough to be worth it.  Tobert would want at lest a 3rd since that's what there's a good chance the compensatory system would give us anyways.

The idea of a 1st or even a 2nd is not  going to happen then?  I thought this would be the range at one time, but lately I am doubting the RD2 pick.  What a waste this has been, and I think if he does return he won't be effective either. 

5 hours ago, August4th said:

we can't be the only people seeing how out of shape bell is atm and how's acting off the field. Other teams have to be taking notes on this, so I think we would get a 4th at most right now for bell. also think his value goes down by the week

I thought this too, especially if we aren't down 21-0 i the first and can run a balanced offence , Connor will get the yards and TD's. 

11 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Were any current players invited to his "Album" release party the other day?

Not that I know of.  He burned his bridge.  Sounds like AB is the only one 'there' for him and that's cuz Bell was 'there' for AB to get paid.

19 hours ago, 3rivers said:

The idea of a 1st or even a 2nd is not  going to happen then?  I thought this would be the range at one time, but lately I am doubting the RD2 pick.  What a waste this has been, and I think if he does return he won't be effective either. 

No.  His value right now is 0.  It's been 0 since July 16th.  As soon as that deadline to extend him passed no team will touch him.  Why trade for him when he'll be a FA soon?

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

No.  His value right now is 0.  It's been 0 since July 16th.  As soon as that deadline to extend him passed no team will touch him.  Why trade for him when he'll be a FA soon?

It really kills me that people don’t understand this yet - specifically actual professionals in the media. You are trading for a locked in tender, not a player who is open to negotiation. 

If he won’t play for us, a team that he has played with, knows, and has succeeded in...why in the world would he play for someone else? 

On 2018-09-22 at 12:14 PM, Dcash4 said:

It really kills me that people don’t understand this yet - specifically actual professionals in the media. You are trading for a locked in tender, not a player who is open to negotiation. 

If he won’t play for us, a team that he has played with, knows, and has succeeded in...why in the world would he play for someone else? 

better weather/dome, field, and possibility  to actually get the deal he stands for. He has made it clear what he expects, so if a team trades for him, they know what it will cost to keep him. 

now the question is, what do you think we get in return? With burns probably benched, could there be a CB in this trade? If it is a draft pick, what are you expecting?

I'd be fine with a 3rd round pick. That's likely how much we'd get for him in regards to a comp pick. Just get him off the team.

I usually wish players well when they leave here, but not him. I don't wish him to get injured or anything, but I hope he fails as miserably at football going forward as he will in his crappy music career.

There needs to be some sort of risk/reward type with this deal. The rental tag thrown around is a buncha mularkey as that diminishes his value. When he is not a rental. You can sign him before March - and you know his demands - if you have cap room and a bunch of these teams have $40m+ in cap room. Hell if he was iffy on playing he could take out insurance for a career ending injury like Marcus Lattimore did, and he never played again, so he could collect on the insurance. Think Anthony Kim as well.

I'll go Oakland. Carr. Cooper. Bell. He balances out that offense instead of a power run scheme guy like they have with Beast Mode where they're getting 3 YPC. He gives them a checkdown option out of the backfield. Chills out the fans going buckwild for Mack Mania. They can get that ship going in the right direction on a quick turn around this year maybe make the playoffs and have the building blocks in place and still have two 1st rd picks next year. 

All I ask is for the 2020 Bears 1st rd pick. This is conditional of course. If he doesn't re-sign with Oakland then this pick reverts to a OAK 2019 3rd rd pick. This is fair for both teams. Pittsburgh gets upside in a conditional trade. Oakland gets a player that fits their scheme and if they choose to re-sign him they have a franchise player

On 2018-09-22 at 11:12 AM, warfelg said:

if a GM is delusional (sounds familiar?) and they need the player to win now and they believe they will sign him for $18M per with $45M guarantee. Again, key word, delusional but stranger things have happened as they say. 

@Money Gruden likes power football and he already has 2 good RB's. But if it happens, why not xD

Archived