Bell contract 2018

3rivers

13 hours ago, 3rivers said:

2 topics I am tired of are :

1. replacing shazier/ how the D fell apart after he got hurt.  Our schedule also was more difficult after that, many don't bring that up for some reason . 

2. we can't win SB without Bell

Last I checked neither of those players won SB's , and  other teams found ways to win without. While these players were great, the team must move on and find other ways just as other teams do. This is almost like a tail chasing , not quite as absurd as "finding the the next LT", but similar. Did BB keep trying to find another LT and design his D around that? 

I would trade 2 RD2 picks and then some players for Peterson, preferably burns and dupree. If we trade RD1 pick, that might seem logical since we can't draft RD1 on D anyways, takes the pressure off colbert. Cards don't need dupree and I doubt anyone would want burns. Do you think anyone would take burns? I can't believe ereck  flowers got signed, so there is a chance:o

Forgive me for chuckling when I read YOU are tired of a topic. So you only need to replace players that have won SBs? That doesn't make sense. Replacing Shazier is absolutely necessary. He was the starting ILB. Even if the scheme changes, Bostic isn't the answer. The point I was (trying) to make is, according to the Cards PP is not available. Even if that wasn't true, PP would be a high commodity and the Steelers are not usually players in that scenario. OTH, Bucannon is available (or will be). Now I think you'll run into the same problem as far as the Steelers' ability to sign/trade for him but at least it appears he's available. Your new obsession needs to find another home. IMO of course. 

13 hours ago, 3rivers said:

2 topics I am tired of are :

1. replacing shazier/ how the D fell apart after he got hurt.  Our schedule also was more difficult after that, many don't bring that up for some reason . 

2. we can't win SB without Bell

Last I checked neither of those players won SB's , and  other teams found ways to win without. While these players were great, the team must move on and find other ways just as other teams do. This is almost like a tail chasing , not quite as absurd as "finding the the next LT", but similar. Did BB keep trying to find another LT and design his D around that? 

I would trade 2 RD2 picks and then some players for Peterson, preferably burns and dupree. If we trade RD1 pick, that might seem logical since we can't draft RD1 on D anyways, takes the pressure off colbert. Cards don't need dupree and I doubt anyone would want burns. Do you think anyone would take burns? I can't believe ereck  flowers got signed, so there is a chance:o

Youre the same guy who endlessly obsessed over our OLine and James Harrison for like 3 or 4 years straight and created thread after thread about those two topics.

Now you at least have a slight taste of how some of us felt about your obsessions.

As for the topic themselves....

1.   The D was largely built around what they could do with Shaziers speed.    There are alot more issues with this defense than just missing Shazier, but losing him not only weakened HIS position, but also made our entire LB corps and safeties more vulnerable.

2.  Ive only seen a few clowns claiming this, and most of them are non-Steeler fans who dont watch enough Steelers to know what they are talking about.

Ya know, I wasnt against LeVeon trying to get as much money as possible or even sitting out a bit.

But the dude is a punk and I have no respect for him anymore.

It warms my heart knowing how many millions he is ultimately going to lose out on between the money he is forfeiting this year and the money he is costing himself on his next contract.   No one is going to pay him the money he wants...he will be lucky to even make the $14.5m per year the Steelers offered.   Id be scared to offer him much in guarantees given everything we know about the guy.

Guy is completely unprofessional.     Cant wait until he is off the team.   Let someone else deal with his headache.    Wouldnt be shocked after he gets paid if he isnt nearly as good as he once was and focuses heavier on his terrible rap career.

4 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Ya know, I wasnt against LeVeon trying to get as much money as possible or even sitting out a bit.

But the dude is a punk and I have no respect for him anymore.

It warms my heart knowing how many millions he is ultimately going to lose out on between the money he is forfeiting this year and the money he is costing himself on his next contract.   No one is going to pay him the money he wants...he will be lucky to even make the $14.5m per year the Steelers offered.   Id be scared to offer him much in guarantees given everything we know about the guy.

Guy is completely unprofessional.     Cant wait until he is off the team.   Let someone else deal with his headache.    Wouldnt be shocked after he gets paid if he isnt nearly as good as he once was and focuses heavier on his terrible rap career.

out of all the acts of being unprofessional, the one that  I found to be least acceptable was showing up just before the playoff game. That really caught me by surprise, never thought that would have happened .

Ryan Clark today said at this point, the Steelers as a team have moved on from Bell, have built team chemistry, mentioned Conner's production. He also said at this point Bell is more of an issue for the media, not the Steelers.

I am jebrick and I approve this message.

9 minutes ago, warfelg said:

https://theundefeated.com/features/steelers-leveon-bell-agent-adisa-bakari-knows-the-struggle/

in a tweet that hat had this article someone (a non-Steelers fan) summed it up best: Bell’s agent sounds like a con artist. 

Haha I like that. I have had a theory then when this is all said and done, Bell fires his agent because it doesn’t work out the way he wanted and then his agent comes out and says that none of this was his idea and all came from Bell....but I like the con artist thing better. 

My favorite part of the article is his quote of a “once in a generation” type of talent....which is funny....because there are already two better players at the style that Bell plays the position. 

2 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

Haha I like that. I have had a theory then when this is all said and done, Bell fires his agent because it doesn’t work out the way he wanted and then his agent comes out and says that none of this was his idea and all came from Bell....but I like the con artist thing better. 

My favorite part of the article is his quote of a “once in a generation” type of talent....which is funny....because there are already two better players at the style that Bell plays the position. 

Once in a generation. Except for Gurley, Johnson, Hunt, Barkley....I think he meant once in a draft. 

8 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

Which 2 are better? If I go by the way bell played last year, it could be said 3 players maybe 4 (Gurley , DJ, Kamara, and Barkley). Kamara isn't as good at blocking, but the rest of his game makes up for it.  McCoy when healthy can't be left out that's for sure but he is a bit older now if that matters

I can respect the idea of a player holding out but if they are under too much influence from their agent and the agent is a megalomaniac, then too bad for the foolish player.  With the salary cap, I don't agree with QB's getting as much as they do especially since they don't get hit and will have careers many years more  based on the lack of wear and tear.  RB's are the opposite and should get compensated more earlier since the facts are their careers are over quite early but Bells agent could be going too far with that view. I am looking forward to seeing how much interest Bell gets for the price he commands,  because I just don't see the value there. He isn't a WR2 either, that is something the media hypes and should not be repeated. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Interesting tidbit, Bell took out a "loss of value" insurance policy on himself for next offseason in case the Steelers place the transition tag on him or, more likely in case he realizes his decision making made him worthless to other teams.

Not to nitpick but this is a common insurance for soon to be free agents to get. It protected them for is they get injured. 

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Not to nitpick but this is a common insurance for soon to be free agents to get. It protected them for is they get injured. 

Oh i understand I just thought it was funny an article talking about that xame out yesterday. Its just another tidbit to the overdramatic diva queen path he has taken.

Archived