Bell contract 2018

3rivers

42 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Oh i understand I just thought it was funny an article talking about that xame out yesterday. Its just another tidbit to the overdramatic diva queen path he has taken.

I always had the feeling that he was waiting for the deadline and this other BS was to try to get the FO to break. 

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Let me not talk to my team at all but put all my information into cryptic tweets that I will even make sure I sometimes lie in. 

This dudes a winner. Teams are going to be running out the door to sign him. 

If he shows up, I don't really know how you can give him more than 5 carries or so a game.  Would Bell being on the bench actually hurt his value more than just sitting out all year?  I'm honestly not sure.  This holdout could not have played out worse for him

Just because it is so true..

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2804597-leveon-bells-holdout-has-become-a-historic-disasterfor-leveon-bell

Le'Veon Bell must have been hoping he would have an Emmitt Smith-style holdout.

Smith held out of Cowboys training camp for a new contract after winning his second straight rushing title and the first of three Super Bowl rings in January 1993. The Cowboys played hardball and tried to replace the future Hall of Famer and all-time rushing leader with a fourth-round rookie named Derrick Lassic. They even force-fed Lassic the ball when Smith skipped the first two games of the regular season, as if to prove a point.

The Cowboys proved a point, all right. They scored a total of 26 points in back-to-back losses. Charles Haley blew his stack in the locker room after the second loss, shouting, "We're never gonna win with this f--king rookie!"

Jerry Jones then flew to Atlanta personally to bring Smith back to the Cowboys and make him the NFL's highest-paid running back for the princely '90s sum of $13.6 million over four years.

Maybe if Bell had returned after two weeks, when the Steelers were 0-1-1 and James Conner was coming off a bad game in the Chiefs loss, the story of his 2018 season would be all paychecks and obsequiously purring employers.

But Bell decided to hold out past the point of diminishing returns and common sense.

So instead of a Haley trashing his replacement and pounding the lockers for his return, Bell's teammates have moved on.

"I love playing with Conner," left tackle Alejandro Villanueva said, per Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "I don't have anything to say about Le'Veon. I don't even know what shape he is in right now."

Bell has passed up $8.6 million and counting to ride his Jet Ski and watch the market for his services crash

Extending the holdout this long has been a tragic miscalculation by both Bell and his agent, who—based on Jesse Washington's profile in The Undefeated—appears to be using Bell's contract to advance a philosophical/sociopolitical cause, which, while laudable, is a little too broad to be shouldered by one client.

Archived