Bell contract 2018

3rivers

25 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I was really disappointed to read this morning that Bruce Irvin rejected a contract offer by the Pittsburgh Steelers to join the Atlanta Falcons. I honestly don't even understand this move by him because the Atlanta Falcons have pretty much no chance in hell of making the playoffs

That play the style defense that got him his big contract. 

27 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I was really disappointed to read this morning that Bruce Irvin rejected a contract offer by the Pittsburgh Steelers to join the Atlanta Falcons. I honestly don't even understand this move by him because the Atlanta Falcons have pretty much no chance in hell of making the playoffs

its his hometown team, also rejected a better offer from the Pats.

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

So there’s a report that Bell and his agent think they’ve found a loophole that he could sit out the year and still have to be treated as a 3rd time tagged player. Will be interesting to see what they think they’ve found. 

5 hours ago, skywlker32 said:

Anyone believe this? Or is this Kaboly fishing for click-bait for his new job?

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

So there’s a report that Bell and his agent think they’ve found a loophole that he could sit out the year and still have to be treated as a 3rd time tagged player. Will be interesting to see what they think they’ve found. 

I have no doubt that Le'Veon Bell in his agent believe that they have found a loophole and I have no doubt that he will end up being wrong. I really do hope that he gambles on that in frankly part of me hopes that he loses that gamble the Pittsburgh Steelers franchise tag him again he signs the franchise tag and they treat his stupid behind Farrah first round pick

The alternative is that the Steelers say screw it no matter what and don't use the traditional track tag on him and instead put the transition tag on him and then the best offer that he gets made by another team is less than half of what he was offered by the Steelers. And if I were the Steelers I'd let him sign for less than 1/2

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

Wonder if we would get a comp pick this upcoming season if he technically didn’t play for us. 

So I was listening to the terrible podcast with Dave Ryan and David Todd and they were talking about the confusion in the CBA agreement. The confusion is whether or not this year should he hold out all season and not sign the franchise tag counts as a season according to the franchise tag there for requiring us to pay the 30-year amount should we want to attack him again. I'll be honest if they decide that it does count then in the next CBA they need to do away with all franchise tags except for the transition deck because I'm sorry but while yes I agree there are some areas where the team has too much control the crap that Le'Veon Bell is pulling gives a player's way too much Leverage. The best case scenario here is that Le'Veon Bell take the risk in all day out all season only to find out that it does not count as a season. And I don't think that this is what Kevin kolbert would do but if that is the way it plays out personally I would franchise tag in at 14 and a half million dollars again. If he wants to hold out again it'll cost in two seasons of his career

there will be a Le'Veon bell rule in the next CBA, I hope bell and his agent a going to get the recognition they deserve. No way colbert offers bell the $25M tag next year. Bell won't play for the steelers , that's what I am expecting. It's over,  let both sides move on.

9 hours ago, August4th said:

guessing steelers are looking for a upgrade over chick?

He's a back up and  ST, and I can't see them having Irvin as a ST. Maybe they would make a roster spot to keep both, I don't know how they would change the roster, maybe a DL would get inactive instead because it's difficult to add another player with he active roster limited to the number of players. 

Considering Chickillo has got more of dupree's snaps than I expected, maybe the steelers were looking for a future legit replacement for dupree. If Adeyini gets activated and gets dupree's snaps, that should seal the fate for the 5th year option for dupree.

I don't get the narrative that the Steelers would be interested in re-signing him if the tag were 14.5 million.  Conner has been one of the best RB's in the league. It wouldn't make sense to try and sign him even if he DIDN'T alienate his teammates and the organization in the process. Considering he did, its obviously time for both to move on

Archived