Bell contract 2018

3rivers

2 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I'll be shocked. I'm not opposed to it though.

Sounds like they are doing it to get a trade and it's an 'agreement' between Bell, the Steelers, and the NFL to let this happen.

Honestly would we be shocked to see a team do something as stupid as the Bucs signing him to a big deal, trade us Kwon Alexander and a pick for Bell?

5 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Sounds like they are doing it to get a trade and it's an 'agreement' between Bell, the Steelers, and the NFL to let this happen.

Honestly would we be shocked to see a team do something as stupid as the Bucs signing him to a big deal, trade us Kwon Alexander and a pick for Bell?

Don't you dare get my hopes up.

Just when I thought Peter Schrager couldn't get any dumber. He's actually buying the BS that Bell is doing this for the future of RBs. What a joke. Glad that this is over for this season. Keep painting yourself as the victim Bell while not being man enough to let the Steelers and your teammates know what you are doing. Love the tweets from him years ago talking about how he's not in it for the money and that people who are like that don't have their heart in the game. Such a hypocrite.

11 minutes ago, Livewire said:

Just when I thought Peter Schrager couldn't get any dumber. He's actually buying the BS that Bell is doing this for the future of RBs. What a joke. Glad that this is over for this season. Keep painting yourself as the victim Bell while not being man enough to let the Steelers and your teammates know what you are doing. Love the tweets from him years ago talking about how he's not in it for the money and that people who are like that don't have their heart in the game. Such a hypocrite.

media is a waste to take seriously.  the guy own the left thought artie burns was going to break out last year and be a legit quality CB. Here we are now and if I had a list of say 5 players that we could do without, burns would be in that list

Bell is breaking down doors?    Ha...we moved on without a hiccup.    If anything,  he hurt RBs long term IMO.  Some team might be dumb enough to pay him a ton of money,  but unless Bell is amazing next year,  he won't have accomplished much aside from losing a ton of money by not playing this year. 

3 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Bell is breaking down doors?    Ha...we moved on without a hiccup.    If anything,  he hurt RBs long term IMO.  Some team might be dumb enough to pay him a ton of money,  but unless Bell is amazing next year,  he won't have accomplished much aside from losing a ton of money by not playing this year. 

I  agree with this.  This couldn't have worked out any better for the Steelers.  Bell ended up being one fo the easier players on the roster that they've ever had to replace.  In hindsight I'm sure that they are pretty happy he didn't accept that 70 million dollar deal. 

I’m still a little shocked he is doing this, but now ultimately happy he didn’t come back. 

I have maintained the whole time that if he really wants to get top money, aka Gurley money now, he needed to show up and play at some point, because he needed to produce at a high level. There are too many red flags and with a dip in run production as well as a lack of big plays in 2017, he needed to show he was a consistent performer and force the hand of the money being offered.

One year off isn’t going to change that he has 1500 plus touches and took a dip last year. If anything Connor success will confirm suspicions of red flags against Bell.

I do think it’s funny though, how much better Fitcher has been at organically using Connor and how much more successful our redzone scoring is. Just think of all the on field success Bell could have had....

Bell was offered Gurley money. Gurley didn't get much more in guarantees despite being far cleaner. That was a completely bogus talking point, and remember - Bell's arrogant *** actually compared himself to Mack. He's delusional enough to think some team is going to throw that at him. Like he's Adrian Peterson in his prime playing for a hapless Minnesota team. Bell was never the face of the franchise, and that's the real reason Peterson got what he did. He was all they had and he meant more to Minnesota than he did any other team.

Bell would have earned the same on his contract as Gurley will. It's just stupidity.

And I don't even want to hear about a transition tag. Just let the moron walk at this point.

Archived