Bell contract 2018

3rivers

31 minutes ago, warfelg said:

So, if this went to a lawsuit you are now at what it would be about. He didn’t accrue a year by CBA standards. He didn’t play 6 games. But the NFLPA would say it’s technically the 3rd tag applied by the team, not a reuse of the second. So the court battle would be, does the player need to sign and play on the tag for it to count as being applied. 

The NFL and the Steelers know this would be a long process, have 0 desire to go through that, which is why there could be a back door deal. 

NFL wins by not having a star player sit out even more. Bell wins by getting to be a “free agent”. Steelers win by getting some value for a player trying to circumvent the rules. 

A few insiders are saying how this might not even pay off and there’s teams telling them even if they needed a RB that they are turned off by what has transpired. (I’m guessing the Giants, Vikings, Rams, Chargers, Panthers) and there might be a “non-collusion collusion” in that they don’t talk about it but owners refuse to give him what he wants out of fear more players will pull this. 

I agree with every bit of what you just said.

Y’all should check out Bucky Brooks twitter because he is GETTING OWNED!

He keeps falling back on the good ole “coaches tell me” and resorting to people bringing up numbers with “stop box score watching”. 😂

its so funny to see a guy that’s “smart” and “on the inside” got permed so much after his horrible sub-.500 because of no Bell production. 

He said that DCs told him they had to defend the length of the field more when Bell was there. The response came that Conner has more consecutive 100-yard games, more played of 20+ yards and 30+ yards (aka explosive plays) than Bell did the last two years combined, and the response? “I don’t care what numbers say. Coaches tell me they aren’t worried about Conner.”  

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

He keeps falling back on the good ole “coaches tell me” and resorting to people bringing up numbers with “stop box score watching”. 😂

its so funny to see a guy that’s “smart” and “on the inside” got permed so much after his horrible sub-.500 because of no Bell production. 

He said that DCs told him they had to defend the length of the field more when Bell was there. The response came that Conner has more consecutive 100-yard games, more played of 20+ yards and 30+ yards (aka explosive plays) than Bell did the last two years combined, and the response? “I don’t care what numbers say. Coaches tell me they aren’t worried about Conner.”  

It took me about 5mins to look up the stats that refute his stance. But hey, why do that when you can just listen to what coaches tell you. Further more, just because coaches "aren't worried about Connor" doesn't mean he isn't (more) productive. 

7 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

It took me about 5mins to look up the stats that refute his stance. But hey, why do that when you can just listen to what coaches tell you. Further more, just because coaches "aren't worried about Connor" doesn't mean he isn't (more) productive. 

Yup. If you need a good laugh today. Now he’s claiming the Steelers organization and players are unprofessional for cleaning out his locker and “stealing” his stuff. 

So based on what Bucky says:

- Make comments about being mad he lied: unprofessional

- Don’t talk about a guys who isn’t there: unprofessional

- Have his locker still up like you expect him to be there: unprofessional 

- Clear out his locker when he isn’t there: unprofessional

On top of that, someone tweeted at him that the team boxed up Bells personal items, the players were having fun with team issued stuff like cleats, hats, gloves, sweats. Bucky still said “it doesn’t matter Bell has a right to that stuff as his because it was picked out for him.”

7 minutes ago, August4th said:

funny seeing bucky telling fans they are blinded by the team logo and jersey to give a objective opinion on Bell when he's early is in favor of Bell. said Bell is up there with Barry sanders and Jim Brown lmao

He’s one of those guys that’s pro-player over team no matter what. He’s made comments when players in the drug testing system are cut are being disrespected by teams, he’s supported Tyreke Hill, he’s one of the ones that think there shouldn’t even be a RFA or any tags  

Wanna take a stab at who his agent is?

Also, I want to point out that Bucky Brooks made a PUBLIC CLAIM that the Steelers' players broke the law by stealing Bell's belongings.  He is 100% wrong.  Bell abandoned these items some time last year (when was the last time he was in the locker room?).  He made no attempt to retrieve them.  Any cop will tell you that he abandoned ownership.  It's not the same as a vehicle or car or something like that.  These are virtually insignificant material items that aren't protected (to my knowledge) over this length of time.  

Bell made no attempt to contact the team or organization about these items, proved he didn't care about them, the Steelers players may have acted harsh out of disappointment and anger, but they didn't do anything illegal.

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Also, I want to point out that Bucky Brooks made a PUBLIC CLAIM that the Steelers' players broke the law by stealing Bell's belongings.  He is 100% wrong.  Bell abandoned these items some time last year (when was the last time he was in the locker room?).  He made no attempt to retrieve them.  Any cop will tell you that he abandoned ownership.  It's not the same as a vehicle or car or something like that.  These are virtually insignificant material items that aren't protected (to my knowledge) over this length of time.  

Bell made no attempt to contact the team or organization about these items, proved he didn't care about them, the Steelers players may have acted harsh out of disappointment and anger, but they didn't do anything illegal.

There are reports that the Players were just joking around in front of the cameras. They didn't keep anything. And why would they? They can get all of that stuff for free.

5 hours ago, warfelg said:

and what does bucky  say about Connor being much better vs 8+man fronts?   Bucky should rethink  but he is part of the media that really hyped bell.  

Figured don't lie, but liars can figure. Connor has been better than bell and so has our offence in the RZ, much better 

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I bet Cleveland, Cincy, Atlanta, Baltimore, and Tampa Bay werent worried about Connor...oh wait..

it's too bad Connor was wasted in a few games because we got so far behind because of the burns effect and the trash D. He could be having similar stats as TG but TG didn't have to cope with the butler burns D that wasted a few games.

Bell is more flashy, but not as productive overall. We never had a RZ even close to what it is now, maybe Haley  is to blame, maybe Connor is more of a threat in the run and that opens up the pass.  Bell relies of jukes and more time, but in the RZ there is less space and that is counterproductive more often than outside the RZ

10 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

it's too bad Connor was wasted in a few games because we got so far behind because of the burns effect and the trash D. He could be having similar stats as TG but TG didn't have to cope with the butler burns D that wasted a few games.

Bell is more flashy, but not as productive overall. We never had a RZ even close to what it is now, maybe Haley  is to blame, maybe Connor is more of a threat in the run and that opens up the pass.  Bell relies of jukes and more time, but in the RZ there is less space and that is counterproductive more often than outside the RZ

That's just it, with Bell, you have to have an offensive line capable of providing time.  People have claimed it's not the OL that has made Bell and to some degree I do agree with that, but with Conner, the initial hole is the only place where the offensive line is making or breaking him imo.  He is doing the rest himself (sometimes he gets blocks beyond the line by WR's or TE's)

Archived