Bell contract 2018

3rivers

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Houston, Indianapolis, and the Jets are going to have the most cap space next season. Expect Bell to sign with one of them. 

And he basically said the Jets or any other bad team would have to pay him even more to get him. He thinks he's going to reset the running back market AND play for a contender.

Dude is a moron.

15 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

And he basically said the Jets or any other bad team would have to pay him even more to get him. He thinks he's going to reset the running back market AND play for a contender.

Dude is a moron.

I agree with this statement.  I don't see a single contender that could afford him.  The ONLY team maybe would be San Francisco and right now, we can't even say they're a contender (i don't know their cap situation either).  

23 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I agree with this statement.  I don't see a single contender that could afford him.  The ONLY team maybe would be San Francisco and right now, we can't even say they're a contender (i don't know their cap situation either).  

There will be a contender or two that has the money to afford him....but if they are smart, they wont pay a RB with alot of wear and tear and maturity issues $16-18mil a year.

As Ive said before....I dont have a major problem with Bell looking for a big payday, nor do I have anything against him for wanting to test the market....but its his attitude that really bothers me.     He seems to think his past (off field issues and injury history) shouldnt be taken into account.    I dont trust him enough to give him a huge contract with alot of guaranteed money, and I think there will be numerous teams that feel the same way.      Maybe he is past the weed stuff, but I just get the feeling that, after he gets paid,  he will start focusing more on his music (which is pretty awful). 

13 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

They wouldn’t have the defense to make it too far anyways...they were however one of the few, if not the best matchup, in terms of cap room and draft capital this past draft to match up perfectly.

I still wouldn’t want the Steelers defense trying to stop the combination of Andrew Luck, Le’Veon Bell and Ty Hilton.

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I still wouldn’t want the Steelers defense trying to stop the combination of Andrew Luck, Le’Veon Bell and Ty Hilton.

if we field the D that was in the last playoff game we played, we wouldn't want to see any team that resembles a nfl team with a winning record. As for the Luck, Bell, Hilton,  I wouldn't fear Bell as much since the colts OL has issues or has had in recent times.  RB's need the OL, that is a fact and I really hope bell learns this the hard way.  If he would only sit out for 8 weeksxD

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

The Colts have one of the worst rosters in football.  The Bills might beat hem this year because they are willfully tanking.  Having weapons but no offensive line and really no talent on defense at all will not challenge anyone.  The Colts, if they are lucky ( no  pun intended) will have 3 years of rebuilding.

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Andrew Luck is overrated and cant stay healthy.   Wouldnt be shocked if he retires within the next few years.

The Colts have a pretty bad OLine...Bell can make some things happen with poor OLine play, but he has also been very ineffective at times without an OLine.   Not a knock on Bell, its just reality that RBs need a good OLine.    I know they drafted some OLineman, but they have been one of the worst drafting teams in the league for awhile now...so we will see.

Basically what Im saying is, that doesnt scare me much.    Pretty much any decent offense could give our defense problems, so thats not really saying much.   

On 2018-07-21 at 11:59 PM, turtle28 said:

If I’m the Steelers I wouldn’t trade Bell in the conference.

I would, to a team with a bad OL (colts). Without the OL, there is no RB, has everyone forgot this?  

7 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Andrew Luck is overrated and cant stay healthy.   Wouldnt be shocked if he retires within the next few years.

The Colts have a pretty bad OLine...Bell can make some things happen with poor OLine play, but he has also been very ineffective at times without an OLine.   Not a knock on Bell, its just reality that RBs need a good OLine.    I know they drafted some OLineman, but they have been one of the worst drafting teams in the league for awhile now...so we will see.

Basically what Im saying is, that doesnt scare me much.    Pretty much any decent offense could give our defense problems, so thats not really saying much.   

I would say that Andrew Luck has been injury prone since 2015 and a lot of that has to do with their OL issues and him taking a beating early in his career but I do think they’ve tried to address that in the last 3 drafts. It remains to be seen if they’ve done enough on the OL or not.

I wouldn’t say Luck is overrated because the last time he was healthy for a season in 2014, the Colts won their Wildcard game against the Bengals and won their  Divisional round game on the road against Peyton Manning and the Broncos. 

They did get crushed in the AFCCG against the Patriots, but most teams do.

I know the AFC South sucked as a division since Luck was drafted up until last year - and he didn’t play last year - but they did win the AFC south in both 2013 & 2014 and in 2014 they went 6-0.

Also, outside of Andrew Luck, TY Hilton, Frank Gore and Robert Mathis, those teams didn’t have much talent on them at all. 

Like literally, Luck carried those teams and it’s an incredible feat that he took the 2014 team - that plays in a dome - to Denver and they won in the cold and snowy weather. Him getting that 2014 Colts team to the AFCCG was a big accomplishment.

The current make up of the 2018 Colts OL looks pretty solid:

LT: Castonzo (2011, 1st round pick who’s been good since they drafted him)

LG: Quenton Nelson (2018, 6th overall)

C: Ryan Kelly (2016, 1st rnd pick)

RG: Braden Smith (2018, 2nd rnd pick)

RT: Jack Mewhort (2014, 2nd rnd pick), Austin Howard

• I’m not sure how the right side of the OL will work out but it will be some kind of combination of the above 3, which seems to be solid as well.

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I would say that Andrew Luck has been injury prone since 2015 and a lot of that has to do with their OL issues and him taking a beating early in his career but I do think they’ve tried to address that in the last 3 drafts. It remains to be seen if they’ve done enough on the OL or not.

I wouldn’t say Luck is overrated because the last time he was healthy for a season in 2014, the Colts won their Wildcard game against the Bengals and won their  Divisional round game on the road against Peyton Manning and the Broncos. 

They did get crushed in the AFCCG against the Patriots, but most teams do.

I know the AFC South sucked as a division since Luck was drafted up until last year - and he didn’t play last year - but they did win the AFC south in both 2013 & 2014 and in 2014 they went 6-0.

Also, outside of Andrew Luck, TY Hilton, Frank Gore and Robert Mathis, those teams didn’t have much talent on them at all. 

Like literally, Luck carried those teams and it’s an incredible feat that he took the 2014 team - that plays in a dome - to Denver and they won in the cold and snowy weather. Him getting that 2014 Colts team to the AFCCG was a big accomplishment.

The current make up of the 2018 Colts OL looks pretty solid:

LT: Castonzo (2011, 1st round pick who’s been good since they drafted him)

LG: Quenton Nelson (2018, 6th overall)

C: Ryan Kelly (2016, 1st rnd pick)

RG: Braden Smith (2018, 2nd rnd pick)

RT: Jack Mewhort (2014, 2nd rnd pick), Austin Howard

• I’m not sure how the right side of the OL will work out but it will be some kind of combination of the above 3, which seems to be solid as well.

Sorry, but this is exactly why Andrew Luck is overrated. You say he literally carried them but completely ignore the fact that they held the Bengals and the Peyton Manning LED Broncos to a combined 23 points.

Andrew Luck is a good quarterback. Overrated doesn't mean bad... But since coming into the league, fans have inflated his actual accomplishments... Kind of like you just did.

I also think that people tend to forget what division the Indianapolis Colts are in. the Jacksonville Jaguars in Houston Texans a gradually getting better although I don't think the Houston Texans will be competitive for very long. But the last time that Andrew Luck had real success three fourths of that division was absolute crap. He really had no competition within the division they walked their way to a wild card spot and division title. they have invested a lot into that Ovens of line for better or worse they've always had an issue with defense. Andrew Luck is among the better quarterbacks in the league when you consider the starting quarterbacks of all 32 teams but in my mind he's honestly not a top seven quarterback

The success of the Colts boils down to the health of Luck and if the changes in the OL equal success. Luck is said to have no limits during TC and the OL looks promising on paper.  Bell would certainly make them a force IF the other 2 issues have been fixed. They are in a very tough Division and are currently projected to finish last behind 3 potential Playoff teams. I'm not suggesting I wouldn't have traded Bell to them (moot point now) but if Luck is healthy, I think the arrow is pointing up in Indy and Bell would make them a Playoff team. 

Bear in mind I live in Indy and see the Colts on a regular basis

The Colts Oline was horrific last season.  People are hoping that adding two OGs will help.  Nelson will be an upgrade.  I doubt Smith is a starter at the beginning of the season.  THey also have no talent on defense.  I can't stress that enough.  They have no CB or safeties or LBs that are worth anything.  Teams should be regularly threatening to put up 30+ on them every game.

On top of that, they are paying their franchise QB.

14 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Bear in mind I live in Indy and see the Colts on a regular basis

The Colts Oline was horrific last season.  People are hoping that adding two OGs will help.  Nelson will be an upgrade.  I doubt Smith is a starter at the beginning of the season.  THey also have no talent on defense.  I can't stress that enough.  They have no CB or safeties or LBs that are worth anything.  Teams should be regularly threatening to put up 30+ on them every game.

On top of that, they are paying their franchise QB.

I'd say they've added more than "two OGs" to the OL but admittedly we're talking more about potential and we all know how that can go. Also, the OL Coach they hired has had his struggles so that plays a big part too. As far as the Defense, I don't think the Steeler Defense will be definitively better.  If we don't score 30 I think there is a good chance we lose. Given the 2 question marks I noted, adding Bell would make them a tough team to beat IMO. 

Archived