49erurtaza

Vikings extend Danielle Hunter

In the Vikings forum, 5 years 14 mil per year, I'll see if I can track down the tweet.

Only 23 years old too. Can't wait to see him in his prime!!

Good deal. Hunter was a prority in my opinion.

Diggs, Barr, Richardson and Waynes have expiring contracts next year so there is still more work to be done.

Wow, 14 1/2 million a year is a GREAT deal for the Vikings.  

Great deal, great player, great timing

Vikings have been doing damn good work under... *squints* Rick Spielman...? Goddammit.

Oh, I hope this sets the bar for Jadevion Clowney. I get he wants big/highest pain kind of money, but this is an ideal raise for him. 

33 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Good deal. Hunter was a prority in my opinion.

Diggs, Barr, Richardson and Waynes have expiring contracts next year so there is still more work to be done.

Diggs, Barr and Richardson's contracts end after 2018. Waynes' option was picked up, so he's under contract through 2019. 

29 minutes ago, SSG said:

Wow, 14 1/2 million a year is a GREAT deal for the Vikings.  

It's a steal. Hunter would've easily been in the $16M+ AAV range (Chandler Jones, Ingram, Vernon) as a UFA next year . 

Sounds like a decent deal for the Vikings. Maybe a little pricey for my liking but it's not my money. 

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Krauser said:

Diggs, Barr and Richardson's contracts end after 2018. Waynes' option was picked up, so he's under contract through 2019. 

It's a steal. Hunter would've easily been in the $16M+ AAV range (Chandler Jones, Ingram, Vernon) as a UFA next year . 

That's right, Waynes option was picked up. But with the recent selection of Hughes in the first round and the potential to pay Barr, Diggs and Richardson $14 million each, you could certainly see how Waynes might get squeezed out.

Edited by vikingsrule