Team with most above average players?

Scout

13 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

For the Steelers you probably have...

Big Ben, Bell, Brown, Juju, Decastro, Pouncey, Gilbert (above average at RT, but not T overall)

Tuitt, Heyward, TJ Watt (maybe early), Haden (maybe?)

Boswell

Definitely a top team for this question

Titans have: Dion Lewis, Delaine Walker, Jack Conklin, Taylor Lewan, Derrick Henry, Brian Orakpo, Malcolm Butler, Kevin Byard, and Jurrell Casey along with some other decent players like Marcus Mariota, Corey Davis, Ben Jones, DaQuon Jones, and Adoree Jackson. Jonnu Smith, Rashaan Evans and Harold Landry could prove to be above average in 2018 too.

Texans have Deshaun Watson, DeAndre Hopkins, Jadevion Clowney, JJ Watt, Whitney Mercilius, Bernardrick McKinney, Tyrann Mathieu and Shane Lechler...

Probably not at the top of the list, but solid. 

Eagles:

QB: Carson Wentz, ?Nick Foles?
RB: Darren Sproles, Jay Ajayi
WR: Alshon Jeffery, Nelson Agholor
TE: Zach Ertz
OT: Jason Peters, Lane Johnson
G: Brandon Brooks
C: Jason Kelce
DE: Brandon Graham, Michael Bennett, Chris Long
DT: Fletcher Cox
OLB: Nigel Bradham
S: Malcolm Jenkins
CB: Ronald Darby
K: Jake Elliot

Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry, Joel Bitano, Kevin Zeitler, Tyrod Taylor, Carlos Hyde, David Njoku, Myles Garrett, Jamie Collins, Joe Schobert, Christian Kirksey, Denzel Ward, EJ Gaines. Baker Mayfield, Corey Coleman, Nick Chubb, Jabril Peppers, and like four or five of their defensive linemen could all make the list in 2018 too.

not to mention Antonio Callaway too.

Trent Williams, Josh Norman, Ryan Kerrigan, Brandon Scherff, Jordan Reed, Jonathan Allen, Chris Thompson, Morgan Moses, Zach Brown, Jamison Crowder, DJ Swearinger, Alex Smith

Matt Ioannidis, Monta Nicholson, Chase Roullier, and Guice have a good chance to be on this list next year. 

15 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Above-average is a relative term. I think some people are getting carried away with it so far..

I look at it as being better than the 16th best player at their respective positions, with the caveat that instead of just a broad position like WR, I compare Crowder against other slot WRs, etc. 

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry, Joel Bitano, Kevin Zeitler, Tyrod Taylor, Carlos Hyde, David Njoku, Myles Garrett, Jamie Collins, Joe Schobert, Christian Kirksey, Denzel Ward, EJ Gaines. Baker Mayfield, Corey Coleman, Nick Chubb, Jabril Peppers, and like four or five of their defensive linemen could all make the list in 2018 too.

not to mention Antonio Callaway too.

You're going to put players who've never seen even an NFL preseason game as "Above average players"??????? Not to mention a couple of these guys I've never even heard of.

1 hour ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I look at it as being better than the 16th best player at their respective positions, with the caveat that instead of just a broad position like WR, I compare Crowder against other slot WRs, etc. 

WRs you can say more than 16 though since it's pretty common to have 2/3 of them on the field at a time. I honestly was really hesitant to include Agholor, Ajayi, and Chris Long on my list for the Eagles.

Aaron Rodgers
Davante Adams
Jimmy Graham
David Bakhtiari
Bryan Bulaga

Mike Daniels
Kenny Clark
Blake Martinez

That's it I'd say. HHCD played like an average safety last year. Clay Matthews I would say played like an average edge rusher, but he and Nick Perry have an argument to be above average at their spots. 

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

WRs you can say more than 16 though since it's pretty common to have 2/3 of them on the field at a time. I honestly was really hesitant to include Agholor, Ajayi, and Chris Long on my list for the Eagles.

I wouldn't have included Sproles on your list but everything else is right on imo

Archived